Most Overpriced Designer? #3

^Is this really the price? There are fully embroidered HC pieces for a lot less than that.

Omg I've been looking for this info for months now, ever since Alexander Fury posted a screenshot on his Instagram stories. I wasn't sure I read the price right and I never found it again. I guess I did read it right.

If this is the actual price, the person buying it would be a fool!
Not even a made to measure leather shirt from Hermès could cost that!

It could be 65000€ but it might deserve a 6500€ price tag.
Dior women Haute Couture might be expensive but unless you buy the Junon or a vintage OTT Vintage piece with a lot of modification, in no way you’ll enter those type of prices.

^ Both really don't look very comfortable....

^ i know they don't look like it, but the dr. scholl's pair is actually very comfortable and
ergonomic and intended to help walk well / have good posture (they sell them in pharmacies over here!)

Comme des Garçons F/W 2019

_DAN0107.jpg

vogue.com

You can't really tell from the runway photo, but the furry sleeves thing is just that...two sleeves held together by two leather straps, coming with an eye-watering price tag of £7,000.

^^^ LOL Loves loves loves it that Tom has the balls to offer not just an insanely-priced briefs— but they can’t be washed or dry cleaned to boot LOOOOL

They can be spot cleaned though, according to the website description. Not sure what kind of stains you would expect to get while wearing briefs...:angel:

Continue this interesting thread shall we? :rolleyes:

Saw the price of this flower puffer jacket in Chanel boutique(on ipad, not the real product), and it's about 75,000 euro, well actually it didn't shock me, thanks to this thread trained me so well.

but then I saw Pharrell wearing it in the below video released by the house...it suddenly seems so cheap and funny.
_DAN0188.jpg
vogue.com

but then I saw Pharrell wearing it in the below video released by the house...it suddenly seems so cheap and funny

I will never understand what were they thinking at Chanel, when they chose to be involved with Pharrell...what does he have to do with Chanel??

The only thing that I can imagine is that Karl had a strange crush with Pharrell. Other than that, I can´t see the connection!

I think they did the embellished bombers better for the Brasserie collection.
That collection was obviously way overpriced for my taste as it wasn’t special enough in terms of cut or ambitious designs.

I will never understand what were they thinking at Chanel, when they chose to be involved with Pharrell...what does he have to do with Chanel??

The only thing that I can imagine is that Karl had a strange crush with Pharrell. Other than that, I can´t see the connection!
He got a contract just like Lily Allen did...He bought and wore Chanel, they noticed it, he gladly took the opportunity, they started to collaborate and it keeps going...
On the paper, it’s quite charming. He has a personal style, a clear love for fashion but this kind of cringey video and his « chasing the bag » kind of attitude are somehow a bit annoying.

He got a contract just like Lily Allen did...He bought and wore Chanel, they noticed it, he gladly took the opportunity, they started to collaborate and it keeps going...
On the paper, it’s quite charming. He has a personal style, a clear love for fashion but this kind of cringey video and his « chasing the bag » kind of attitude are somehow a bit annoying.

But the question is: Does the most famous and powerful luxury fashion brand in the whole world need these kind of pop "ambassadors"?

For me this clashes totally with the image of the brand.

I think they did the embellished bombers better for the Brasserie collection.
That collection was obviously way overpriced for my taste as it wasn’t special enough in terms of cut or ambitious design.

Yes, FW 2015, I wonder how much those puffer cost......

But the question is: Does the most famous and powerful luxury fashion brand in the whole world need these kind of pop "ambassadors"?

For me this clashes totally with the image of the brand.

For us, NO but in reality yes. For people who loves fashion (and not just the branding/status aspect) those kind of celebrities aren’t necessarly needed but them wearing Chanel gives a fresher image of the brand to people who does not necessarly see beyond the bags and logos. Pharrell has participated in popularizing Chanel for men. The same as I’m sure we wouldn’t see men wearing the sneakers Ghesquiere designed for Vuitton if Jaden did not wore them...

Anna Mouglalis is fine. She is mysterious, she makes a very elitist kind of cinema, her films rarely reached the 1M viewers but a balance is needed.

Lily Allen felt quite ridiculous at the time but I kinda like the fact that they embraced somebody who loved the brand enough to wear it.

In this celebrity culture, it matters.

Yes, FW 2015, I wonder how much those puffer cost......

I don’t remember well but they were very expensive. Over 15000€ for sure! It was a very « embellished » collection. Some of the less practical (because so precious) outerwear I’ve seen in my life. With that collection, the lines between Mainline and Metiers d’Arts were very blurred.

For us, NO but in reality yes. For people who loves fashion (and not just the branding/status aspect) those kind of celebrities aren’t necessarly needed but them wearing Chanel gives a fresher image of the brand to people who does not necessarly see beyond the bags and logos. Pharrell has participated in popularizing Chanel for men. The same as I’m sure we wouldn’t see men wearing the sneakers Ghesquiere designed for Vuitton if Jaden did not wore them...

Anna Mouglalis is fine. She is mysterious, she makes a very elitist kind of cinema, her films rarely reached the 1M viewers but a balance is needed.

Lily Allen felt quite ridiculous at the time but I kinda like the fact that they embraced somebody who loved the brand enough to wear it.

In this celebrity culture, it matters.

I don’t remember well but they were very expensive. Over 15000€ for sure! It was a very « embellished » collection. Some of the less practical (because so precious) outerwear I’ve seen in my life. With that collection, the lines between Mainline and Metiers d’Arts were very blurred.

Thank you very much for informing us! Lola, you are our ultimate chanel ambassador!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marcos11
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->