Most Overpriced Designer? #3

FCXSKEkJ_o.jpg

bottegaveneta.com
all perfect to wear at Berghain

I saw this Prada Cotton Hoodie is over 2000USD on Farfetch and I don't understand why?!

Photo Credit: Farfetch
16409002_31703829_1000.jpg

I saw this Prada Cotton Hoodie is over 2000USD on Farfetch and I don't understand why?!

It's probably from a store in the States, which makes the price higher due to import taxes. Said that, it retails for €1400 on the Prada website (around 1700 US dollars), which, for a 100% cotton hoodie, is an extortionate amount of money nonetheless.

To answer your question at the core:
because in the world there are enough rich dimwits who are eager to buy that stuff. And because at Prada they are a tad desperate (or cynical, or both)

^I laughed my a** off at Alexander Fury pilfering his money (btw Where does he get that cash? Aren't fashion journalist suppoused to be a struggling sort? ) buying that sweatshirt...the only way that price would be justified would be if it was printed using the tears of tibetan nuns who made a vow of silence! It's absurd!

Almost every Raf Simons runway piece deserves a spot here, his quality is dismal considering his prices...

View attachment 1172892

Isn’t that the going rate for any of these stupid hoodies? …And logo baseball caps average at around $400-$500USD? Fashion is dead so I don’t blame the brands one bit for hustling such basics to the masses: If there are enough dumb customers that will pay so much for a dumb-looking hoodie with ugly silkscreen-printing that looks like it were done by a beginner at the local community college night art class, then more power to them for suckering these dummies for actually parting with their coins— including Alex Fury.

I think with the prada hoodie they can (sorta) get away with it because the cost of production vs the price they sell is such a huge gap while simultaneously there's enough people with fomo now who feel like they need to be a part of whatever prada is selling. Also there seems to be a trend in "archiving" going around on social media, so people may think buying something from each collection is somewhat historical and an investment lmao.

There's a severe case of brain rot going around. And I am guilty of this too. Even with the knowledge of cost of production and wholesale, I will put being stupid above logic and reason to buy something I really like regardless of the price tag. Something I seriously need to snap out of because it's f*cking mentally ill. SS21 I bought one of the Margiela coats with the wet look print for $3140, and my SA accidentally left the wholesale price on the invoice and it was $842.42. Is that not S T U P I D. A 300% markup from a price they already profit on. I need to be sedated

^^^ Markups of 300%-400% are usual for designerwear. None of these pieces are “worth” the retail prices. If it makes you feel any better, your Margiela coat isn’t in the same league as buying basic logo hoodies/baseball caps at those stupid ridiculous price points.

^^^ Markups of 300%-400% are usual for designerwear. None of these pieces are “worth” the retail prices. If it makes you feel any better, your Margiela coat isn’t in the same league as buying basic logo hoodies/baseball caps at those stupid ridiculous price points.

It's sad because the margin for designer label is low sometimes due to the small quality cost and you need to let the retailer to have enough profit yet not insanely expensive. Designer are struggle a lots with the game of numbers.

It's sad because the margin for designer label is low sometimes due to the small quality cost and you need to let the retailer to have enough profit yet not insanely expensive. Designer are struggle a lots with the game of numbers.

I am sure you are not referring to the likes of LVMH and Kering, on the cotnrary in fact, I think they are earning profits through their noses! I can imagine the same be said for independent smaller houses but certainly not the conglomerates.

its quite obscene how designer prices have gone up these days vs 20 or more years ago...those days, you seldom see a four figure tshirt vs these days.

[QUOTE="vetemente, post: 30815718, member: 146011"
its quite obscene how designer prices have gone up these days vs 20 or more years ago...those days, you seldom see a four figure tshirt vs these days.[/QUOTE]

The whole concept of designer t-shirts has always been ridiculous to me. Just how much more luxurious can Gucci make a tee than a good quality t-shirt brand can?

View attachment 1172892

I saw this and other similar products in the Prada store last Saturday. Being a huge Prada fan and having the privilege of owning some products, I can truthfully say it’s not worth it. I actually liked the iconography and typography, it looks much cooler in person, but for $2,000, it is ridiculous. Spend it on a jacket or get two of those cool platform loafers instead!

I saw this and other similar products in the Prada store last Saturday. Being a huge Prada fan and having the privilege of owning some products, I can truthfully say it’s not worth it. I actually liked the iconography and typography, it looks much cooler in person, but for $2,000, it is ridiculous. Spend it on a jacket or get two of those cool platform loafers instead!

Agree with you on this one. Honestly, Prada as a whole is not worth it anymore. A few years ago, there was this talk in ShowStudio and this fashion buyer said that Prada pricing was good in a sense that it was "well-priced" for designer luxury clothing. It was in the middle ground between the super expensive (i.e. Chanel) and the affordable. But now, they're really banking on the millennial buying habit of going into massive debt in order to inconspicuously display whatever the "cool kids" want to signal these days - because it sure is not good taste nowadays. And these elevated prices for something mostly so banal and uninspiring. I said mostly because those creepers and tailoring still have my heart...

View attachment 1175590
Source: Balenciaga.com

Destroyed wool crew neck.

For €1150, Balenciaga will give you what your crazy jealous ex can do for free.

It's actually not that expensive compared to the standard knitted jumpers at prada i.e., recently looked one up and it was 2+ k. However the design is.... :sick:

^You'd be better off making yourself one with an old Hermes scarf and some spare elastic, at least you would get to exercise your crafty side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marcos11
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->