Most Popular Handbags In Your Region

michyed

THE STRANGER
Reaction score
Searched it up but couldn't find any similar threads.

Tell us what the most popular handbags are where you live!

Here in Taiwan, Louis Vuittons are all over the place. The most popular ones have got to be the Monogram Neverfull and Speedy. I swear I see at least 10 of each a day (well on days when I do go out, I am quite the hermit :rolleyes:)

louis-vuitton-tote-bag-m40156.jpg

louisvuittonhandbag101.com

lv25_14.jpg

madaboutbags.org

I'll have to say here in Doha Louis Vuitton monogramed anything and Gucci mongramed anything :P

^ Yes!! The Gucci monograms are so popular here too. I only ever see the waterproof monograms here though... strange. Maybe cause it rains so much!

At my Law school I saw, Givenchy nightingales, LV Speedy all were in damier, a black and a grey Chanel 2.55, waaaaaaaaay too many Gérard Darel and Vanessa Bruno bags and many Balenciaga bags.

While shopping, I noticed a couple of Birkin which really surprised me since I don't live in a huge fashion capital :lol:

^ Ooh! I've never seen any Chanel 2.55s here! I want one for myself so badly though :P

In Amsterdam I see a lot of speedy's especially damier and damier azur.

i suppose here it is a lot of Hermes Birkins and Kellys...
other than that, the LV monogram is everywhere (real and fake) but always has been.. i am immune to it..

-LV monogram neverfull
-Longchamp pliage bags
-Aldo bags
-Faux D&G bags

Vanessa Bruno bags
here too ...

the 'really' most popular are Longchamp, Vanessa Bruno and Sonia Rykiel, Eastpack and AA ...
then comes Louis Vuitton (there's a shop in every big town of France I have one there), Goyard (seriously it has increased ! a lot lot more) and the Evelyne of Hermès (Hermès is pretty spread in France, too, I think ... I have a shop in my town - +/- 500,000 inhabitants - and a town like Dijon - +/-150,000 inhabitants - have one too !) and Balenciaga (definitely a lot lot lot more)

voilà !

In L.A., nondescript nondesigner bags are plentiful. I see an awful lot of Rebecca Minkoffs, especially the Nikki. Lots of LVs and knockoffs thereof.

I can't believe how much of what is for sale in most stores save Saks etc. and Nordstrom is frighteningly cheap-looking (not meaning monetarily really... just really bad and icky). Some cute BCBG bags but the zippers were terrible, I thought. And at Nordstrom level, there are fewer and fewer bags that are to my tastes these days anyway. Lots of $250-$800 bags with thin leather or in patent, really bright hardware and a sort of corporate look, not comfortable for carrying.

Last edited by a moderator:
Uh, around here it's hideous River Island Dolce & Gabbana knockoffs from four seasons ago.

Uh, around here it's hideous River Island Dolce & Gabbana knockoffs from four seasons ago.

That's hilarious!

People here are too snobby for knockoffs. There are so many people that spend their entire months salary on a handbag :(

Chanel,balenciagas,fendi ,LV, and gucci (logos)- fake or real...and it seems as if they just discovered Hermes...i swear some ppl think its a new brand! aaah

in Jakarta, indonesia almost every brand is floating around when u go to high end malls, from LV, Chanel, YSL, Hérmes, especially since they open up more and more boutiques here. but i think LV still dominating the market

Last edited by a moderator:
i would say coach is the most popular in my city.

i also see a lot of louis vuitton (however i have a sneaking suspicion that half the bags i see are knockoffs)

i dont see many chanel 2.55's at all. but i do see chanel totes (that i also suspect are fakes)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ze bicho
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->