Nicolas Ghesquière - Designer, Creative Director of Louis Vuitton

Interesting…
He was one of the first in the fashion world who reintroduced the designs of Pierre Paulin years ago and now, no more Pierre Paulin. Maybe after seeing that Jacquemus and Abloh jumped on the trend he decided to move on.

As usual his interior is very much representative of his aesthetic. Karl’s designed apartment at Le Crillon have the same kind of marble in the bathroom…So his bedroom or suite looks like a gigantic bathroom. Not very inviting but super radical in a way…

Interesting…
He was one of the first in the fashion world who reintroduced the designs of Pierre Paulin years ago and now, no more Pierre Paulin. Maybe after seeing that Jacquemus and Abloh jumped on the trend he decided to move on.

As usual his interior is very much representative of his aesthetic. Karl’s designed apartment at Le Crillon have the same kind of marble in the bathroom…So his bedroom or suite looks like a gigantic bathroom. Not very inviting but super radical in a way…
It's so ironic that despite being in his 50s and at his laziest, he's still miles ahead of designers 10 to 20 years his junior.

I wouldn't mind seeing him go back to JPG for his couture collection, but, honestly, I'd rather see him get rid of that awful marble bedroom first.
That's Paloma Picasso former place, and the second floor was much better actually before he went full funeral home with that vile marble. Even the shutters are in marble and that is a 100% suprefluous.

The Cruise 2024 collection will be held on Isola Bella in Italy on May 24th 2023.

EXCLUSIVE: Louis Vuitton Is Heading to Italy for Next Cruise Show
The show is scheduled for May 24 on Isola Bella, but Nicolas Ghesquière will first hit Seoul for a pre-fall runway show — a first for the brand.

Terre-Borromeo_Isola-Bella_Scorcio-Terrazze_57A9013.jpeg
Isola Bella is located on Lake Maggiore near Milan. COURTESY OF LOUIS VUITTON
WWD

I hope it will be similar to his Palms Springs collection in terms of fluidity and colors!

And shows for Prefall now? They are applying pressure at Vuitton!

Hello everyone,

I have tried to find a thread that's exclusively dedicated to Nicolas Ghesquière to no avail. This is why I am starting a thread in the hope of finding the authorship of a black and white portrait of him.

You can find the image just below my signature.

Thanks in advance for your time and help.

F.

Nicolas Ghesquière.png

I think it’s by David Sims…
Not 100% sure but he was photographing his campaigns and press portraits at the time.

Given the hi-five Pietro Beccari gave him at the end of the show in October, it’s almost expected lol.

I received a message from my SA this morning. He seemed even more happy than me ahaha.
It’s great. I am happy for him and it’s also a testament to creativity. Yes it’s possible to have an unconventional, no pleasing to the mass POV, to distill it in every category of the brand with more commercial offering and be successful. Yes sometimes it’s very complicated and the campaigns are hits and misses but it’s great to have the biggest luxury brand in the world take an approach that is relying more on creativity and that has different standards.

When I look at Chanel, Gucci, Dior, I’m glad Nicolas at Vuitton exists!

Weirdly for the past 2 weeks, I wore a lot of Vuitton and particularly from his first year.

He is still one of my all time favorite and I can’t wait to see what he has to offer.
I think this will be his last contract though.

Ghesquière has never been my most favourite of designers but with fashion's never-ending game of musical chairs, it's so very refreshing to see an announcement of a partnership staying together. And if it ain't broke... don't fix it.

A lot of press regarding the continuation of his appointment. They seem quite pleased.

It’s been an interesting tenure creatively. Not always the most successful and I do think he is challenging himself which is great. But it’s littered with really ugly, challenging propostions for clothing lol. I still love him though because when he’s on, he’s ON.

I’m looking forward to seeing what he gives us the next five years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marcos11
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->