Pamela Love Jewelry

does anyone have any articles where she explains her method for creating such pieces?
im very interested in the construction..

like most people who design this kind of jewelry you star by shaping/carving or molding your intended figure in wax or clay, from then you create a mold and then cast the figure in silver or gold etc. does it make sense or did I confuse you more?
I'm learning how to do it right now so I thought I give you an idea.:flower:

like most people who design this kind of jewelry you star by shaping/carving or molding your intended figure in wax or clay, from then you create a mold and then cast the figure in silver or gold etc. does it make sense or did I confuse you more?
I'm learning how to do it right now so I thought I give you an idea.:flower:

I understand the idea of lostwax casting etc. But more what she used to create the wax mold... unless she just knew exactly how to replicate bird skulls and eagle talons exactly...

the hype around this stuff is a real turn off for me...

:ermm:...
and i don't really like the sort of people who seem to be wearing it, so i'd rather not be associated with them by wearing the same stuff...

Softgrey, that was kind of offending to the people in this thread that owns PL pieces, at least that's how I took it. I don't understand the need to go above other people like that and try to make oneself look like your better than the others?

I'm just curios what kind of people supposedly wear pamela love jewelry ...they can't be that bad! I'm imagining they could be snobs in the worst case; the type that wear LV monogram bags and other logo-overdosed things (letting logos define them as people)??? ...but she makes such good jewelry, it can't ever be tacky.
By the way, has anyone noticed Miley Cyrus is wearing the obsidian and cage cross rings in her latest video ?

I understand the idea of lostwax casting etc. But more what she used to create the wax mold... unless she just knew exactly how to replicate bird skulls and eagle talons exactly...

You act like this is the first talon on the planet. It's pretty easy to find one and simply replicate it, and change or refine a few details and cast it again. Not hard.

To her credit, there is a certain mystery to her pieces and inspirations that are quite capitivating. I like where she's coming from.

You act like this is the first talon on the planet. It's pretty easy to find one and simply replicate it, and change or refine a few details and cast it again. Not hard.

To her credit, there is a certain mystery to her pieces and inspirations that are quite capitivating. I like where she's coming from.

I am not that blindly ignorant. I was more wondering if she has modified the talon to look like that, I was just curious as to her methods. As no other ones I have seen have the same appeal.

tumblr_la82fnG9Wk1qzcz06o1_1280.jpg

My image

All jewelery and rings from fallowbrisbane.blogspot.com

I am not that blindly ignorant. I was more wondering if she has modified the talon to look like that, I was just curious as to her methods. As no other ones I have seen have the same appeal.

I think she did, maybe found one on the higher end of the scale in terms of talon quality and refined it further. Plus, TBH, her whole look, the crowd she runs in adds to the appeal. I mean it's not she looks like someone you wouldn't expect to be designing these types of pieces. Everyone loves not just a good designer, but one that is good looking too.

girls, do you know where I can find the PLs Eagle Claw sterling earring or even a pair?
thanks

I would just email the Pamela Love site directly for the earring(s).
http://[email protected]

The customer service is really good. I always email them when I can't find a piece online. It may take a bit if they have to be made, but I think this is the best bet for those earrings. I know Browns fashion (in England) has them too.

@jodache - and what would they told you? refer you to some stockist or ..? cause their shop is still pretty much out (some kind of maintenance)

@caroulemapoule - only available for Europe, right? Ya I noticed Browns is SO much more expensive, ridiculous. I know PLs also on Harvey Nichols.

Overall I think PLs pieces went high in prices, did anyone noticed that?
I guess where's the demand there are higher prices.

*thanks girls for your replies :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breemoca
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->