Paris shopping

Paris & Bordeaux Vintage/Thrift Shopping (Homme)

Hi does anyone know any vintage/thrift stores (flea markets?) in Paris and/or in Bordeaux?

Thanks

Hi! I'm going to Paris this summer and I need some advice for the best places to shop. My style is kind of androgynius (I'm a guy). I love the whole huge oversized tops with skinny jeans style. I prefer things to be unique and different and not looking for "basic" stuff. I'm looking for high street and high end places. To give you an idea what kind of stuff I'm looking for here is some reference http://www.monkiworld.com and http://www.weekday.se

I also love shoes. Sneakers, boots (Vivienne Westwood pirate boots <3) etc. So where are the best shoe stores for men?

TIA :smile:

Hi does anyone know any vintage/thrift stores (flea markets?) in Paris and/or in Bordeaux?

Thanks

Salut
Vintage shops in Bordeaux, there are two near Hotel de Ville.
One is on Rue du Loup (forgot the name)
the other is just near the tram station called Maxime
I don't know many but there are also nice boutiques near Les Grands Hommes
As for Paris, there are lots in Le Marais (Ligne 1 St Paul), Metro stops St Sebastien froissart (ligne 8...je crois) and Etienne Marcel (ligne 4), Mamie at metro station Anvers (ligne 2)
Bonne Chance!!! :wink:

ps forgot to mention there's a COS in Bordeaux! It's definitely my favourite place to shop!!! And it's much less crowded than the one in Le Marais!!

Last edited by a moderator:
There's something up with Paris. Paris and shopping. I've had two dreams/nightmares where I live in Paris, and I'm like, an American refugee from some sort of war like WWIII or something, and both times I was in a McDonalds. Me, in Paris, in the not-too-distant future, in McDonalds, during wartime.

And its on the top of the threads. C'est terrifique?

So excited to visit Paris again! Any recommendations for restaurants as well?

My personal favourite café in Paris would be Angelina. It might be touristy sometimes, well, most of the time, but their Mont Blancs are just...heavenly. This might only be my opinion, since not all my friends love it :smile: As for restaurants, I believe you can find hidden surprises on your own. Paris is an amazing city to explore and have fun! Just avoid the touristy places! Have fun there!!!

Has anyone got any good recommendations for any vegan cafes/restaurants in Paris? Or ones that cater for vegans? I've seen some on a few sites but just wondered if you guys had any recommendations!

So excited to visit Paris again! Any recommendations for restaurants as well?

I forgot, you could visit Chez Gladines on line 6 Corvisart
it's quite cheap and they serve Basque cuisine!
There's always a queue though...but the people there are super friendly ^_^

BON APPÉTIT!

hey guys! can you please tell me which stores carry Chanel sunglasses (besides the Chanel boutiques)? I need names of chain stores that carry them (Since im going to be in paris and in the provence area). Thanks!

Have to sales started already? I'm coming to Paris 28th of June is that a good time considering the sales? Or is everything gone already? And if anyone has any good shopping tips give them :smile:

TIA!

Could you please send your replies via private message as this is more of a personal question. :smile:

I'm know about Repetto - the ballet store.

I'm looking for elegant fashion boutiques for women (not known designers:(

silk night gowns
shirts/blouses
lingerie
red plaid skirt
swimwear/resort
earrings
ballgowns
evening dresses
coats
horse race hats
shoes
skirt suits
sportswear - tennis, golf, horse riding
casual smart preppy classic apparel
tights
silk bedding

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi i'm new to this thread =)

I'm so excited about going to Paris next month...
I'm a student so I'm looking more for high street stuff like Zara, H&M, Pimkie and Jennyfer but I really don't know where these are located in Paris. Does anyone know addresses where these shops are situated near each other?
are there shopping malls with these brands or are they situated along the streets?

thanks! =)

^Don't worry, you'll find the first 2 almost everywhere you go in Paris.

^^there're no malls, as you hear them, in Paris.
Regarding the H&M etc., as said by Aby there are everywhere , and indeed along the streets ...
Nice visit of Paris :wink:

Ok. I've spent maybe 2 hours reading this whole post & I've got three pages worth of shops now (from books & blogs too)

But what I was wondering was whether anyone could recommend any underwear shops in Paris, as the French are meant to be so renowned for their lingerie. I'm mostly looking for good quality bras of lace or silk that aren't too ridiculously priced & don't need to be designer at all.

I already have:
Fifi Chachnil
La Perla
Princess Tam Tam
& there was this place next to the photography museum I went too a couple of years ago that I don't remember the name of!

But I was wondering if there's anywhere that's priced a little cheaper than these, sort of mid range. I was also going to check out bon marche but I think the ladies will be a little intimidating!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fashionhill
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->