Pat Cleveland

dpbenson

Reaction score
I searched and searched and was shocked to discover that she does not have her own thread.

From http://www.divasthesite.com/Runway_Divas/Pat_Cleveland.htm:
One of the first women of color to enjoy worldwide recognition, American model Pat Cleveland got her break when she was 14, after being spotted on the subway by a Vogue editor. She is best known for her playfully over-the-top poses and worked with Valentino, Oscar de la Renta and Yves Saint Laurent. Also, together with Karen Bjornson and Anjelica Huston she was one of Halston's original models. They were so loyal that they became known as the Halstonettes. Cleveland returned to the runway five years ago, walking at the Bill Blass and Stephen Burrows shows in New York and is now in her late fifties.

From http://panachereport.com/channels/old_school_update/Donyale.htm:

Contrary to popular belief, Naomi Campbell is not the runway queen. That title belongs to Pat Cleveland who became the best runway model in fashion history.

Affectionately called Cleveland. Pat Cleveland (pictured above to the left) would dominate the runway like no other model. Legendary performer Josephine Baker made it well known, she wanted Cleveland to portray her in a film, if her life story was ever adapted for a movie because Cleveland bore a resemblance to a younger Baker.

The things that Cleveland did on the runway; have yet to be duplicated. She had a partner, male model and dance partner, Sterling St. Jacques, pictured above, (son of late actor Raymond St. Jacques), they walked the runway like two graceful black panthers and they were known to break into a Tango.

The crowd would stand on their feet in anticipation when they came on stage and they didn't disappoint. At one event, St. Jacques came out carrying Cleveland on his shoulders. They were also dance partners on Soul Train.

Pat Cleveland is currently signed with the Legends division of the Ford Modeling Agency.

When she isn't working on the modeling circuit, she relaxes at her Chateau in the Swiss Alps.

She loves to vacation in Monte Carlo, eating smoked barracuda on private yachts.

When she attends Fashion Week in New York, she has reserved ringside seats and she's treated like royalty.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some of her Vogue editorials

Source: http://groups.msn.com/MiniMadMod60s/patcleveland.msnw, http://models.com/feed/?tag=pat-cleveland
Pat_09.jpg

Pat_10.jpg

Pat_11.jpg

Pat_12.jpg

Pat_08.jpg

Pat_06.jpg

Sterling St. Jacques and Pat Cleveland, on Halston's Balcony

Source: Steven Kasher Gallery
Pat_29.jpg

Fashion for Relief Runway
Source: Style.com
Pat_30.jpg

Cover Girls Magazine, September 2006
Source: The Fashion Box
Pat_31-1.jpg

Pat_32-1.jpg

Loving all the Pat pics. Keep them coming! I have a few to add to the collection....i'm a star2 photosuite  interview mag july 72.jpg

i'm a star1- photosuite interview mag july 72.jpg

pat cleveland i think - april us vogue 1970.jpg

pat with bendel2- amer vogue jan 15 1971 scan.jpg

pat cleveland3 -  cropped amer vogue jan 15 1971 scan.jpg

pat cleveland giggles cropped  amer vogue jan 15, 1971 scan.jpg Sources: Pics 1 & 2 - Interview Magazine- July 1972 - Scanned by Me Pic 3 - American Vogue April 1970 - Scanned by Me Pics 4-6 - American Vogue Jan 15, 1971 Scanned by Me

For Nigel Barker's Beauty Equation

Photographer: Nigel Barker

Source: My own scan

What is high fashion? Just say hi to fashion....

:lol:She said these when in ANTM.

UK Vogue January 1975
"Fashion '75"
Models: Pat Cleveland, Marie Helvin & Unknown

ciaovogue.com

US Harper's Bazaar September 1972

Paris/Rome Couture Pt.1
Photo Hiro
Models Pat Cleveland & Various
Hair Alexandre
Makeup Olivier

Paris/Rome Couture Pt.2

My scans

US Vogue September 1, 1972

Evenings In the New York Collections Pt.1
Photo Irving Penn
Models Karen Graham, Vivane Fauny, Pat Cleveland, Pola, Charly Stember & Lynn Woodruff
Hair Suga

Evenings In the New York Collections Pt.2

My scans

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lovetolove
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->