Poetry Books

Susanna-Cole

Reaction score
Could any please recommend any books of poetry for me? :flower: I have a sudden interest in reading a book or collection of poems. ^_^ But I've never really read any poetry before, so I don't know what might be good poetry books or who are poets whose worth worth reading. :blush: Any help or suggestions are appreciated! :heart:

Leaves of Grass Walt Whitman
Emily Brontë, Edgar Allan Poe, Sylvia Plath
All the poems of Emily Dickinson
Les Fleurs du mal, Baudelaire
Jules Laforgue, Apollinaire...
Scandinavian poetry: Edith Sodergran, Eeva-Lisa Manner...
Marina Tsvesaïeva.
Heinrich Heine, Hölderlin...
Pablo Neruda, William Carlos Williams...

:flower:

Leaves of Grass Walt Whitman
Emily Brontë, Edgar Allan Poe, Sylvia Plath
All the poems of Emily Dickinson
Les Fleurs du mal, Baudelaire
Jules Laforgue, Apollinaire...
Scandinavian poetry: Edith Sodergran, Eeva-Lisa Manner...
Marina Tsvesaïeva.
Heinrich Heine, Hölderlin...
Pablo Neruda, William Carlos Williams...

:flower:

Wow, thanks for all the suggestions, I really appreciate them! :heart: :flower:

Anna Akhmatova - everyman's library

a summary of what her work was about from amazon:

A legend in her own time both for her brilliant poetry and for her resistance to oppression, Anna Akhmatova—denounced by the Soviet regime for her “eroticism, mysticism, and political indifference”—is one of the greatest Russian poets of the twentieth century.

Before the revolution, Akhmatova was a wildly popular young poet who lived a bohemian life. She was one of the leaders of a movement of poets whose ideal was “beautiful clarity”—in her deeply personal work, themes of love and mourning are conveyed with passionate intensity and economy, her voice by turns tender and fierce. A vocal critic of Stalinism, she saw her work banned for many years and was expelled from the Writers’ Union—condemned as “half nun, half harlot.” Despite this censorship, her reputation continued to flourish underground, and she is still among Russia’s most beloved poets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petitealiix91
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->