Ports 1961 S/S 2020 : Kaia, Jessica, Mona, Abby & Lys by Steven Meisel

Something different from the brand, I like it :smile: specially that they look like vintage covers.

Didn't Gucci and Luchford just do these fake cover campaigns with the brand's logo half a year ago? It's less effective the second time around.

Zzzz, Luchford did it already, and better too! So the spark of this feels missing. plus, no to Kaia.

Oh, so what we’ve lost out on the Versace campaign with Jennifer Lopez, we’ve just gained on Ports. This is fabulous, love the magazine cover concept and the retro vibes. I’m down for more, without a doubt! :heart:

Love the images, but I'm a bit surprised Karl (and Fabien) chose Meisel again for both Sacai & the revamped Ports over McDean, especially when SM will no doubt join them for Zara again?

Why do I feel like this is poking fun at Edward, yet not quite succeeding though art direction wise? I think they needed to push the typography and layout a little further from what essentially looks like EE's rebooted vintage cover portrait template. Feels like he comes out a bit better from this if there is a tongue in cheek vibe gone for.

Ahh, who cares who did it first! We're in the sustainable era now, it's all about recycling anyway. In the sea of Tylers, Nigels and Colliers with their ''inventive'' or ''creative'' or ''fresh'' or whatever they might call their s*it ideas and approach, I'd always take Meisel, even if it's a recycled concept. Even when he's at his worst, he's still far above anyone else in the game.

Both pictures are brilliant but damn, Kaia's killing it! Even better than her magnificent Vogue cover. Meisel truly brings out the best in her. I just can't stop looking at them. I do hope we'll have those without text in the near future and I hope there'll be more. This is by far my favorite campaign of the season! Will be definitely hard to beat.

I hardly remember that Gucci campaign. And it's not like that's an original idea to begin with.

Nonetheless, this cover lit up because the photography works. It feels like a really good cover. And I didn't even care about the bag.

Oh c’mon it’s the same old British Vogue covers.

Beautiful portraits! Jessica is radiant! I love the emotion. Meisel really makes Kaia come alive. Without him she constantly struggles. I want this from her all the time.

Love it!!!!!! Totally love it! Never recall any ads from this bran until now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nauseated
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->