Zara S/S 2024 by Steven Meisel

Fiercification

Reaction score
Are you ready for some fast true fashion? Zara is here to save us again; full campaigns for this season drop on Thursday.

I assume it's the usual team behind it, so that would mean the glorious video teaser with all its Hopper references is by Baron and Meisel will shoot the print images?

Vivienne and Fei Fei are part of the cast (it's been a while since the latter worked with Steven, non?)

Mary Howard doing the most with her set design on this one.

I'm almost more bowled over by the menswear as usual though. Digging the rustic Italian vibe, I guess Baron shot it but difficult to tell?

Last edited:
Zara is moving away from fast fashion in terms of production as well, opening more factories in Spain. It´s been a long while that it moved away in terms of imagery imo, surpassing even high fashion brands. It´s the one brand that I´m always looking forward to their campaigns.

Oh, Steven! The set, the colours, the mood, the casting.... Just incredible, once again. I'm prepared to be blown away, as I'm already obsessed with that shot of Fei Fei!

Zara are smart. I used to spew so much hate towards them, mouth-frothing levels. With Shein being the devil of fast fashion now, they’ve repositioned themselves nicely…

Zara are smart. I used to spew so much hate towards them, mouth-frothing levels. With Shein being the devil of fast fashion now, they’ve repositioned themselves nicely…
But haven’t rethought their fabrics choices and quality. It’s all veeery bad, uneven, disposable.

Nevertheless super excited for this campaign. What a shot of Fei Fei Sun!

Zara is moving away from fast fashion in terms of production as well, opening more factories in Spain. It´s been a long while that it moved away in terms of imagery imo, surpassing even high fashion brands. It´s the one brand that I´m always looking forward to their campaigns.
And it’s working.
Sales up 14.1%.
While it’s not perfect, their investment in order to distance themselves from the « Fast fashion » conversation now incarnated by SHEIN and FASHIONOVA is working.

I wonder if Karl Templer is involved in the studio collections.

And it’s working.
Sales up 14.1%.
While it’s not perfect, their investment in order to distance themselves from the « Fast fashion » conversation now incarnated by SHEIN and FASHIONOVA is working.

I wonder if Karl Templer is involved in the studio collections.
yes he is.

I'm not gonna lie, I have been buying from Zara a lot recently and on the whole I do find the quality of their pieces pretty good. They're obviously not a luxury brand and I don't think you can compare but even when placed against H&M or older Gap clothes I have, they are relatively impressive for a mid range, commercial brand.

One thing I would say is that I don't really notice a big difference with Zara's standard items and the pieces from the Studio collection aside from the price point (sometimes the Studio pieces are even worse in quality, although I was generally happy with the quality of the Meisel capsule "basics"). Their accessories/jewelry are s*t though and break very quickly I find (at least the menswear jewelry).

Overall I think that Baron and Templer have succeeded in slowly changing the perception of the brand over the years though. It's much less standard high street IMO although of course they still have some bad stuff.

I'm sure a lot of their manufacturing is also still not ethical but as koko said, they are definitely attempting to move a lot of production to Europe which one can only hopes means a more ethical production, but I guess it's not a guarantee.

The first one is really good, it looks new. The second one however, looks like Willy Vanderperre for W Magazine circa 2013. Hopefully the rest will be more in the style of the first.

This wonderful campaign is online now, although it seems a little shorter than usual?

The backdrop is similar to last season but the images have more of a 50s vibe than the 70s one of last season. Full cast is Vivienne, Fei Fei, Rosalieke (no surprise) and Nyawurh. Men's campaign shot by Annemarie van Drimmeln!

Am on my phone so once again I can't post ATM.

Perhaps one of my favourite campaigns he did for Zara to date. I always love it when he touches upon this particular retro style of imagery (several Prada campaigns and editorials such as 1995's Postmodern Edge come to mind) and this one is executed to perfection! The styling is beautiful, models are incredible, the rich colour palette works wonders, the cinematic mood of it all... He's at his best here. It brings me so much joy to see him produce stellar work like this. Campaign of the season, in my books!

The photography is beautiful as usual but I still prefer his Dolce & Gabbana spring campaign. In the D&G ads, the photography looks fresh. With these images however, I am getting a deja vu of his past editorial and advertising work.

Vivienne is one of his favorite girls of the moment, huh? Great set of images! I'm sold.

I think this is the campaign that Ferragamo ordered but they got the Shein/Fashionova version instead. The mood, the colors, its giving retro but from the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
versacebandana
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->