Zara F/W 2022.23 by Steven Meisel

Creative Director: Fabien Baron
Film: Fabien Baron
Stylist: Karl Templer
Make-up Artist: Pat Mcgrath
Hair Stylist: Guido Palau
Set Designer: Mary Howard
Models: Devi Rae, Zhong Mei, Amber Later, Victoria Fawole, Bismuth Arsenide, Aviana McClish, Mathilda Gvaliani, Bella Berghoef, Mel Van Roemburg, América González, Maria Keidj, Aubrey Hill, Liv Lambert, Colin Jones, Seng Khan, Wali Deutsch, Jacob Ogbu, Wonhee Lee, Matthew Morrison, Nils Foulon, Tom Baker, Emmanuel, Thunder, Alberth Johnson, Jackson McClintosh and Scott McDonough.

It is one of my lesser favorites in the scope of his work for Zara and yet it still stands out as one of the most highly anticipated campaigns of the season to me. I don't recognise any of the casting so I'm going to assume it's a selection of new faces - something that thoroughly excites me as I loved seeing him discover and make the most exciting models of past eras.
It's an interesting campaign, very editorial with a stunningly cold colour palette.

First time he makes menswear campaign for Zara. Glad he scored both collections.

Why isn't Fabien working on any magazines? It's time we had Zara Magazine!

Boring and dull. Meisel really can't do group shots these days. Hate the flat lighting and fake xerox effect. These models looks like amateurs.
Stills from the film by Baron would make a much better campaign.

God damn it! Why can’t he produce something like this for a magazine anymore???

Fabien’s version is so much much much richer, moodier, more sinister. Very late-90s sort of Y2K darkness and decadence. The clothes always retain the illusion of looking so expensive in Fabien’s direction.

Meisel’s version is weaker. Still enjoy the model casting in a meth lab basement vibe LOL Maybe it’s a directive from marketing for a more catalogue sensibility. No one is above corporate these days.

Don't understand the point of using two different locations. Fabien's is insanely better. He could've shot that campaign himself and the result would've been much better. The composites are good, though. Meisel still shoots hair beautifully.

Kind of giving me a little bit of a Brave New World colour caste system with all the tonal groupings, which is probably why I prefer the sinister quality in Baron's direction than Meisel's pale images. The paleness works for the head shots but not for the group shots. They need something a little more dynamic to play off what are rather plain, textureless and uniform like clothes.

Still is far better than what a lot of other brands are churning out for their campaigns.

yesss i love it... no more Rianne, no more Julia... these new faces deserve chances like this!

it’s a little boring… the concept is ok and the photography’s crispness goes well with the colours and all but… maybe it’s the models, it lacks energy.

My least favourite Zara advertising campaign lensed by Steven Meisel, without a doubt. It's a departure from previous seasons, which I can appreciate but feels far too sterile and lifeless for my taste. I will say, the beauty styling from Guido and Pat McGrath is absolutely exceptional!

Absolutely stunning. Love all of this. Definitely see the the Calvin Klein vibe influence that was mentioned. Karl Templer is my fave, Meisel and obvious star, Fabien a GENIUS! Covered all the bases and checked all boxes.

It appears to have been shot on the Universal lot in Los Angeles.
Beautifully done and stunning soundtrack too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rtdrone
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->