Zara F/W 2023.24 by Steven Meisel

Fiercification

Reaction score
All collections (womenswear, menswear and kidswear) drop on 5th October, when we'll see the whole campaign. I can spot Ida Heiner and Awar in the women's video. Nyawurh Chuol is in the preview shot on the website. Looks like Meisel has done the still images, with the video shot by Baron.

I'm here for the Missoni F/W 2008 vibes and I'm ready to stan for full campaign as usual.

Menswear is probably shot by Baron, although the image is in a similar vein to the women's.

It reminded me of that Gucci campaign with Amber looking into the peephole, which it's excellent!

Love, love, love a Bourdin reference. A smidge of Wangenheim in here too. I'd like to see something similar happen for the campaign to the latest D&G collection that alludes to Bourdin's "Sighs and Whispers" for Bloomingdales.

The fashions just aren't exactly up to snuff for this to really be pulled off well but I'll take it where I can get it. At least they feel right with the early 80s untouchable glamour.

I'm very pleased to see that he shot a separate Fall campaign for Zara! He hasn't been as present this season, which has been somewhat of a disappointment, but it makes these few gems all the more precious. I love this, his streak of greatness with Zara continues strongly with this ad. It reminds me of his work for Alber's Lanvin, which I also always enjoyed. Very glamorous!

Zara's the only brand left to truly let Meisel to do his thing (and have the budget for it) - Moschino was the only other one but now it's just Zara. Loving this campaign - reminds me of the Meisel x Lanvin campaigns.

Love Meisel doing something else than just Avedon (wich a I love too)

Well, it's another fantastic campaign, as expected. Even if Meisel has arguably always stolen from the best, he makes his imagery all his own in the way that he gets the best out of his subject(s) and allows their beauty to take centre stage. Even in a shoot like this, where the focus is very much on the Bourdin reference composition, setting and overall ambience, the girls still look radiant.

I'm so relieved he hasn't dropped Sacha, and she looks fantastic, as do all the others.

It's all just so glossy, glamorous and so wonderfully executed, that I once again just find myself in complete awe of how superb a photographer Steven Meisel is. Meisel's campaigns for Zara have been nothing short of spectacular since 2017 and this is no exception. The use of lighting and shadows is brilliant and the girls look sensational. My eyes, however, immediately go to Sacha Quenby... :heart:

Just don't understand why all this is needed for Zara... and magazines are going to sh*t..?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JanEscher
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->