Ports 1961 S/S 2023 : Julia Nobis, He Cong & Ida Heiner by Steven Meisel

Not even such an amazing model as Julia Nobis can save this

The only reason that brought me here. Who would be checking for Ports or nowadays Meisel?
Same here. She remains a relevant model, even if this is not her strongest image ever. Also agree that today's Meisel isn't as exciting as he once was. But he's not the only photographer in this case...

Same here. She remains a relevant model, even if this is not her strongest image ever. Also agree that today's Meisel isn't as exciting as he once was. But he's not the only photographer in this case...

I agree with everything and have immense respect for Meisel and his contribution to the fashion industry. However, I find Ports to be pretty much irrelevant since Cagalj's departure. While Karl Templer is a good stylist, he is, in my opinion, not even mediocre as a creative director of the brand.

The only reason that brought me here. Who would be checking for Ports or nowadays Meisel?
You know the industry still checks for Meisel…
No matter what his work look like. He is the last legendary photographer very much active (compared to Roversi). So yes, his work doesn’t shock the world anymore but his validation still counts…
Julia Nobis is still active after how many years? Her longevity is almost a miracle for this era.

:shock: :o :lol:

You're very brave! This forum is filled to the brim with Meiselites.

I am brave, sure I am. :bounce: And I love Meisel, no doubt on that. :wub: I just recently find him very rarely inspiring. Anyway, I believe I was quite precise in my comment there was no need to edit it and generalize what I wrote.

I love this little project among friends : Fabien, Karl, Meisel, Guido and Pat.

My only question is : does the brand have really the money to have them over and over ?

If they keep doing so, I guess they do, right? ^

Love Cong He's image. I'm here for that. Super strong and striking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcad1947
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->