Post a Totally Random Moment From Fashion History...

GoldenPetals

Reaction score
What fashion moments do y'all randomly remember or dwell on sometimes?

Post an interesting or OBSCURE moment and remind us all what a blackhole the fashion industry is.

I'm feeling petty so I'm gonna go with Lindsay being hired at UNGARO from 2009

1712508275462.jpeg

Two More

1) Last year I read a Pierre Cardin biography (which was pretty good) and according to former employees, when he was stressed he'd go to the cellar.. and compulsively sweep the floor. Eventually, the sweeping became compulsive furniture moving/re-arranging and re-decorating of the offices. I randomly think about that too, now and then.

2) The efforts John Fairchild took to get paparazzi photographs of Balenciaga for WWD in the 1950s and 1960s.

"How to destroy a brand 101":

calvin-klein-store-raf-simons-sterling-ruby_dezeen_2364_hero2.jpg
calvin-klein-store-raf-simons-sterling-ruby_dezeen_sq2.jpg

dezeen.com

That season when Dolce and Lagerfeld fought over models and they were given ultimatums. Same thing happened with Gucci after Burberry had moved their shows to the last day of London from Milan (the girls were told DON’T bother coming to the Gucci casting if you’re planning on walking for Burberry, since Frida doesn’t like her girls to be late)! Not sure if anyone remembers this.

Ugh, the model casting threads used to be so fun. Anyway, Lilo deserved better!!!

Last edited:
1) Last year I read a Pierre Cardin biography (which was pretty good) and according to former employees, when he was stressed he'd go to the cellar.. and compulsively sweep the floor. Eventually, the sweeping became compulsive furniture moving/re-arranging and re-decorating of the offices. I randomly think about that too, now and then.
He was just like us then! 😅.. I also find that therapeutic, it makes you feel like at least something's still within your control (cleanliness and order lol).

Hate to be that person but.. that time when the CFDA deemed sex ring leader P Diddy menswear designer of the year. 😂
pdiddy.jpg
[gettyimages]

The LadyGrey fiasco from yesteryear. Okay, that’s more fashionspot history, but it was definitely a moment here.

when Kim Kardashian got attacked by Karl Lagerfeld's Choupette.
such a cool cat. the video is ridicilously funny :boxer:
Damn, look at that tail waving. That is one pissed off cat!! 😹

The Hedi Slimane twitter rants... My god the hilarity of it all looking back.
I also had to look up his rant about Cathy Horyn: "Her biggest achievement so far is about about Bill Blass, that I haven't read."

Leave Hedi alone !! Hedi has the credentials to tell you all the stuff he tweeted. It is not delusional little boy talk. He told you and backed it up.

Lou? who brags about posting in the NYT in 2024? Like might as well say youre on the perhephery and are not relevant to contemporary issues. I know so many people like this irl - i know so many exhausting writers and curators. All on the fringes swearing they are the future. When really they let their insecurities tinge their opinions.

Last edited:
Marc Jacobs, carrying a trunk with built-in mini TVs playing Spongebob Squarepants during the Louis Vuitton S/S 2008 finale, (reportedly) sticking his tongue out at Suzy Menkes after she criticized him for his shows running so late...
F8GAllyXsAA0RhL.jpg
Screen Shot 2024-04-08 at 11.18.20 AM.png
twitter

Marc Jacobs, carrying a trunk with built-in mini TVs playing Spongebob Squarepants during the Louis Vuitton S/S 2008 finale, (reportedly) sticking his tongue out at Suzy Menkes after she criticized him for his shows running so late...
View attachment 1259651
View attachment 1259652
twitter
What's even better, Marc specifically delayed the show because Suzy complained earlier in some review that she was tired of fashion week. After 2 hours of waiting, even Bernard had had enough, pulled out his phone texted and the show started right away :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annetbef
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->