Prada Beauty

Hipkitten

Diamond
Reaction score
For the last several months I've been on a mission to find the perfect powder. I've tried everything: Lancôme (an old favorite but I needed a change), Dior (too heavy/mask-like), Shu Uemura (even their lightest shade was too dark for my skin)...you get the idea. So when I read in W that Prada had created the perfect powder (Hydrating Compact Powder), my eyes lit up. Needless to say, I ran out and bought it immediately. And I must say - it certainly lives up to the hype! I love it!

Usually by noon, my face is an oil slick - not so anymore; this powder keeps me matte all day. It gives great coverage and looks/feels natural. It even comes with an adorable pink leather carrying case.

Just wanted to share the good news!

Which Prada make up products do you love?

prada tinted eye concealer + hydrating gel tint are amazing !
but so expensive :doh:

NMC5710.jpg
:heart: !

I am loving Prada's lip tint! I tried it a while ago and remember thinking it was sticky. But the other day I was buying some powder and tried it again and it felt wonderful! So I bought the set with all the colors :blush:

Makes my lips feel sooooooo soft!

Prada's lip tint, concealor, and hydrating gel are all at TJ Maxx for under $20!! I bought the concealer for $10 and I must say it is very very natural looking (a mousse-like formula), though an eye cream underneath is a must have.

I haven't tried any of Pradas makeup. But reading your comments on the powder hipkitten i think i will definetly try it out!! My face is usually an oil slick at about lunch time and i am always reapplying - so annoying!!
So thanks for the tip :flower:

pink_lipgloss said:
I haven't tried any of Pradas makeup. But reading your comments on the powder hipkitten i think i will definetly try it out!! My face is usually an oil slick at about lunch time and i am always reapplying - so annoying!!
So thanks for the tip :flower:

:clap: Yay! You won't be disappointed! I recently turned my mom on to the powder and she loves it too (her skin is very dry and it works for her too).

Off Topic: pink_lipgloss if your skin is as oily as mine was, I would also recommend La Mer's Oil Absorbing lotion - it's the most amazing thing I've ever tried :flower:

Holt Renfrew for sure....also try local upmarket spa's.

thanks! i called them, but they said no...maybe i will go to yorkville and try some spas.

Hipkitten said:
:clap: Yay! You won't be disappointed! I recently turned my mom on to the powder and she loves it too (her skin is very dry and it works for her too).

Off Topic: pink_lipgloss if your skin is as oily as mine was, I would also recommend La Mer's Oil Absorbing lotion - it's the most amazing thing I've ever tried :flower:

i bought the powder hipkitten and i owe you big time!! It is amazing it last all day and keeps that 'just put makeup on' look that i love. Thanks thanks thanks!!!!!

and i haven't been able to find La Mer's Oil Absorbing Lotion (i live in Australia) do you know where i'd be able to find it?

Thanks again :kiss: :D

Yes! Didn't see this thread earlier on.

I bought the powder last week and have since, used it twice. I must admit that I bought the powder because I just love Prada's skincare as well as the makeup (but I've stopped using them because they're unavailable where I live).

Surprise of surprises, they actually bring in this powder. I tried the powder at the store, like how fine it looks, loved the shade (white), love the pink casing a lot, so I went back another day and got it.

I love how my face look so natural yet made up.

pink_lipgloss said:
i bought the powder hipkitten and i owe you big time!! It is amazing it last all day and keeps that 'just put makeup on' look that i love. Thanks thanks thanks!!!!!

and i haven't been able to find La Mer's Oil Absorbing Lotion (i live in Australia) do you know where i'd be able to find it?

Thanks again :kiss: :D

Isn't it wonderful! :crush: I should buy stock in Prada Beauty :P

As for the La Mer, if you go to La Mer's website you can search by country and city for stores (they also sell online I think). Trust me, it's worth every penny :flower:
http://www.cremedelamer.com/templates/door/finder_intl.tmpl

^thank you very much for that link! I am definetly going to find and buy it! Will let you know when i try it. Thanks again!

Where is Prada make-up available in Australia?

Hi, I'm new *my first post!* Anyway- I have to jump on the Prada Tinted Lip Balm bandwagon... A friend turned me on to it and it is AMAZING... I love how it's stays creamy, not waxy or glossy, like it replicates what perfect lips should look like. The colors are lovely and saturated and they make for great mixing. I never need to re apply. This is the only Prada product I've tried though... It's my favorite!

eye concealer

I use the lip balm, which is amazing. I also use their eye concealer. It's very light and creamy but manages to hide dark circles. Beautiful. Couldn't live without it. Incredibly subtle.

I just have to say I have the best Prada SA! Not only does he shower me with samples whenever I'm in, today he gave me a free large sized under eye concealer (one of the big ones they put out as testers) - all because he hasn't been able to get powder refills (I've been buying the leather compact over again every time). I love this man! :heart:

Wow, I'm amazed by what you're saying, Hipkitten ... I didn't think anything that could block oil on my face all day *existed* on this planet!!! :D OK, I'm gonna have to try it I guess ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmarisMoonlover
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->