Prada Linea Rossa S/S 08 Lookbook by Mariano Vivanco

I'm moving this thread to D&C :lucky:

Completely unrelated, but I'd wear absolutely everything pictured there.

And maybe this should be put in the designers forum because it's unseen clothes? Though it really makes just as much sense to be here, too.

EDIT: Posted too slowly!

Last edited by a moderator:
^The duplicate thread in Ad Campaigns will expire in 4 days :flower:
But this one is to stay here at D&C

I would wear everything too
Very nicely styled and photographed
I love the cream brown colours
Also the bright colours have been toned down

In terms of design, I don't see anything particularly unusual
Seems simple though
Cuts are very clean, fabrics light
Not too much decoration

A lot of the fabrics look synthetic

Now that I can talk about the clothes: Those plaids are really great! I hated the neon colors in the mainline, but toned down into more earthy colors, it all works really well.

:o the models look nice
i love the feel of the photos

Am I the only one to find these shots slightly creepy? It looks like a depressing (no smiles) version of a family photo.. so homogenous.. so Prada I guess..

I agree with Acid about the mood's similarity to those images. There's a very American sense of wholsomeness, the kind that Tommy Hilfiger and Ralph Lauren use. And there's a slight creepy allure, the kind the Marc Jacobs does with Juregen Teller.

It looks like Prada is serious on positioning Linea Rosa as a diffusion lifestyle brand, more than just Prada's activewear, which is how I've perceived it. The way it's presented echoes Marc By Marc Jacobs. It'll be interesting to check it out in stores.

I like the clothes quite a bit, but there are some misses. I'm a fan of the jackets, knits, and a handful woven shirts, all the simple items really. I like a lot of Prada's menswear to be honest. I forgot who the main designer/stylist is but Miuccia is smart in utilizing his ideas.

I could easily see Marni doing something similar to this. Marni and Prada, both work heavily off technical and high performance textiles and construction techniques but Marni doesn't delve so much into literal performance/active inspired clothes. I'm not sure they could get away with a lowerpriced sportswear line, it would be a different identity.

I could easily see Marni doing something similar to this. Marni and Prada, both work heavily off technical and high performance textiles and construction techniques but Marni doesn't delve so much into literal performance/active inspired clothes. I'm not sure they could get away with a lowerpriced sportswear line, it would be a different identity.
:oMarni has been quite sporty since S/S 07 though, no ?? The design of the leggings, the activewear fabrics

When you say technical and high performance textiles, do you mean synthetic textiles?

IVe seen the whole linea rossa thing for a bit and now I get it ... i think that they do try to enpower their diffussion line but it seems more like a different one -not using Prada sport- very smart in order to keep their image

:oMarni has been quite sporty since S/S 07 though, no ?? The design of the leggings, the activewear fabrics

When you say technical and high performance textiles, do you mean synthetic textiles?

Marni has been doing sport as a theme but they don't produce literal pieces meant for high performance. Linea Rosa actually has pieces that could be used in in extreme cold weather or rain, etc. This is different from looking as if it could.

By technical and high performance fabrics I mean smart fabrics, the kind that use technology to trap and store heat, or are water repellent, or gore-tex even. The Linea Rosa line uses actual functional fabrics. It's one thing to make a pretty nylon but it's a whole other to produce one you can go hiking in the alps with. The fact that Prada is doing those kinds of clothes as luxury is not an entirely novel idea (look at how much success Northface, Moncler, and Canada Goose are enjoying) but they're positioning it for a fairly young and very casual consumer.

I think the majority of people on the streets have technical pieces from the majors like Northface, Arcteryx, etc. Prada was the first to do it under a luxury label and is more fashion forward than any of the competitors (expect perhaps for Moncler or C.P. Company). That's not to say the quality is as good though...

Thanks for the response, Mutterlein

Is there anyone here who's tried on the clothing from this Prada line ?
Any experiences... functioning alright?
Bidwell said:
I think the majority of people on the streets have technical pieces from the majors like Northface, Arcteryx, etc. Prada was the first to do it under a luxury label and is more fashion forward than any of the competitors (expect perhaps for Moncler or C.P. Company). That's not to say the quality is as good though...

A few more looks...

206615229694b7d211e9o6ave5.jpg

2066152686ca7dbbae7ao6bif9.jpg

2068884164d763e17fdbo6bna3.jpg
20680881775771eb9263o6cfh1.jpg

from nikki4boyaki.blog93.fc2 & flickr

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->