Re-Edition Magazine #21 S/S 2024

She's so desperate and cringey. Throw the whole edition away.

Always the same blonde hair, the "seductive" pose, religious imagery. She used the be the queen of self innovation. Completely unrelated but I asked MidJourney to produce something different and I kinda like the result :
madonna.jpg

Is this like... the point of no-return? I'll never say no to some Madonna stuff, especially as she getting older, she still delivers. But this looks like watered-down yet exaggerated cheap parody of what she could have been on that cover.

She's never been stuck to the same visual identity for such a prolonged period of time... The religious yet sexed up Madonna was fantastic when she first started doing it. Then she repeated it and it was alright. But this now is a repeat of a repeat of a repeat and perhaps I could throw another repeat in there. It's tired, it's stale and it's a very poor image on top of all that. She really has no reason to be this desperate.

You can only get away with labeling your shenanigans as "reinvention" for so long before they get old. Eventually, people see through the stunts and gimmicks for what they are. She hasn't produced anything timeless in decades.

Why is she so cringe? Madonna and Sharon Stone are the same age. I want to be Sharon when I grow up.

I am sorry, but Re-Edition would be only cool if it would have said "NO" to Madonna. Desperate.

I could write a disseration on how Madonna is the musical Andy Warhol. Possibly one of the greatest artists in the sense I would place her with the Memphis Group in terms of influence. Literally the Mozart of this Generation. Michael Jackson makes cute sounding music Madonna makes immersive art.

I think she is in her Legacy Act era and the crosses and bustiers are how she would dress normally. I also think that she is only posing for 5 pictures at this point in her career so they didnt have much to work with in terms of reel.

Why is she so cringe? Madonna and Sharon Stone are the same age. I want to be Sharon when I grow up.
I believe Sharon sees aging differently. She has done plastic surgery, but she still has wrinkles (and a better stylist) and seems to be cool with that.

I love Madonna and I'm very excited to see her next month but I really dislike how she's often looking overairbrushed.

Good for her for sticking to her guns I guess, but she loves this angle and pose too much so the cover just reads as yet another Instagram selfie from her. This "look" has just been a very dragged out one so it ultimately does very little to challenge our perceptions of her (which she's always trying to do).

Those white gloves look cheap and the seams piss me the hell off. They look more like compression gloves to aid in burn recovery or to prevent swelling when going on a plane.

The mood and colours are nice but the expression and subjects are a no.

As expected, this thread is a cesspool of misogyny, ageism, and bitterness, capped with ENVY.
Madonna is the alpha, the omega, the beginning, and the end. The BLUEPRINT.
She will forever press, provoke, and follow her own path. Comparing her to others,
only illustrates the mediocrity of the others. No one does it like her, and no one ever will.

Anyways, I love when she pops up on an unexpected cover. I'm not a fan of her social media photographer Ricardo,
but he understands his assignment, and she's slaying on that cover. Can't wait to see what the rest of the pics look like,
and can't wait to see her slay Rio, in front of a million plus fans. Queen of all Queens. :heart: 🔥

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mai hue
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->