Red Hair

I henna'd my hair again the other day :smile: My hair is naturally a dull red, so I henna it brighter.
As for the eyebrow thing, my eyebrows are pretty dark naturally, and I can't be bothered to do anything with them :lol:
me12.jpg

^ that's a great color! :smile:

Personally I like it when the brows match the hair, It adds consistency.

just ha my hair done today. i'm trying to get it to a nice natural looking auburn shade for the time being( i usually dye it crazy bright red/orange) so my hairdresser did a red copper mix that's gonna fade into the already ginger shade i had. it looks super dark in person.

ekp2rq.jpg

i'm absolutely intrigued by the awesome colours people here have achieved by using henna. i'm considering using it for myself now, but i dyed my hair about 1 1/2 weeks ago and the red came out a little too dark. is it save to use henna on hair that's already been chemically dyed? and, after using henna can you use chemical dye again or do you have to wait until the henna's grown out?

If you try henna, but it doesn't turn out, can your put chemicals over it to fix it??

I'm looking for a bright blue based/red color, rather than an orange/copper red... Anyone tried a henna of this shade

^You cant apply chemical dye over henna (and vice versa) its also pretty impossible to remove however you can build on the colour by reapplying the henna dye.

Adding paprika to the henna powder will intensify the redness but it really depends on what colour hair you have naturally. For obvious reasons its easier to get blonde or light coloured hair a more vivid red than it is for dark brunettes.

you should try a strand test first to get the right colour.

Also look on henna chat forums and blogs to see what other people with similar coloured hair have used.

Candice is a redhead now??? :o
She looks great!! Much, much better than the blonde.

those are old photos of Candice but i do love her Red, it's so different. Blonde is okay...i think it's her brows on TVD that bother me. her brows look really good here

I sooo want Rose's hair colour :wub:

tumblr_l7qu7f0ab61qd0leeo1_400.jpg

dulcelocura23.blogspot.com

Mine's brown and looks boring so i wonder how it would look if i get highlights since i don't want all of my hair to get dyed

I started using henna three-four months ago, as I was sick of spending so much time and money at the hairdresser, only to have the color fade after less than a week. I'm so pleased with the results, although dying with henna is messy and takes effort, the color doesn't fade, and gets prettier every time I dye it- I do my roots and freshen up the rest of the hair once a month, this is how it looked after the last time I coloured it:

meg-1.jpg

(please ignore the lack of makeup and styling:wink: )

I use Caca Rouge henna from Lush- my natural hair color is chestnut brown, and the henna comes out bright red on the roots without having to bleach it first.

I bleach my eyebrows, as they're naturally very dark- this time I over-did the bleaching a little, I think I'll have it done in a salon from now on- I don't have to do everything at home. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks great on you, Ethereal! I'm surprised you got that shade since your natural color is brown which is my hair color too.
Too bad Lush products are not available in my country :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish henna came with a color panel like boxed dyes do. That's really the only thing stopping me from trying it. You just never know what color or intensity you will get and you can't (or rather not recommended that you) chemically dye over it to fix it.

Could anyone recommend a dye that will achieve this colour? Obviously it's a red/combination of reds from the Majirouge range, so if anyone could pin point the exact colour(s), that would be great!
ben-hassett-ben-2-por-majirouge-fr2-copy.jpg

source: bluntlondon.com

Looks great on you, Ethereal! I'm surprised you got that shade since your natural color is brown which is my hair color too.
Too bad Lush products are not available in my country :(

Thanks! :smile: I have to add that my hair was a (chemically colored) copper red before I started dyeing with henna, but I was surprised to find that my brown roots actually turned quite bright red too.

Ethereal, your hair color is absolutely great. Strong!

Thank you, sweets! My hair is probably my best feature, so it has to be no less than amazing. ^_^

Can you belive it was jet black six months ago? Getting it from jet black to copprt red took several visits to the hairdresser and cost about a 1000$- but it was woth it!

P1310046.JPG

source: nadiaesra.blogspot.com

Her hair(colour) is perfect. To me it's the perfect colour for fall. Maybe I'll try it somtime soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcad1947
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->