The Blonde Hair Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you so much for your answer :heart:
I bought the Stargazer 30vol bleach kit which I read works very good on dark hair without damaging it too much. TBH I don't really care that much about slightly messing up my hair, I've been dying it for so long it's not in best condition anyway. But a friend of mine wanted to go from dyed black to platinum blonde and re-bleached her heir every day until it was light enough and her hair was fried, it looked really gross and I don't want that to happen :lol:

I guess I'll have to wait until next week to bleach it again. It's really difficult to be so patient and put so much effort into doing this right when I know I'll get tired of having those streaks in two weeks anyway. I never stick to one hair style or color for that long :ninja: The last time I had blonde streaks in my hair I had it done at a salon and paid $200 for it, only to put black dye over it 3 weeks later.

Again, thank you so much for your tips. You know so much about hair it's incredible! You've been very helpful :flower:

you're welcome & no problemo! :kiss:

yeah a little bit of damage is expected but definitely DNW(do not want) that ~ spaghetti hair ~ or fried 'hay' hair otherwise known as "the point of no return". where it doesn't matter if they dye it back to dark, it'll always look bad and just needs to be chopped off.

your friend's story reminds me of my friend's hair. she always did such drastic things to her hair and her hair sure paid for it! she ended up cutting her hair pretty short but it still looked crunchy alll over :ninja:

just wear cute hats in the mean time or chic messy/wavy buns ^_^
i used to change my hair color every 1-2 months so i know what you mean about getting tired of colors quickly!

psylocke, what color are you planning to do?
some of the lavender shades you posted in the Pastel Hair thread have really white bases, which is amazing omgoodness!
but since you are doing just a bit of steaks, i think deeper shades of pastel or otherwise is going to look really good too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sky Ferreira

sfskyferreirabuzznet.jpg

sflastfm.png

sfthestyleandbeautydeco.jpg

sky ferreira buzz net, last fm, thestyleandbeautydeco

you're welcome & no problemo! :kiss:

yeah a little bit of damage is expected but definitely DNW(do not want) that ~ spaghetti hair ~ or fried 'hay' hair otherwise known as "the point of no return". where it doesn't matter if they dye it back to dark, it'll always look bad and just needs to be chopped off.

your friend's story reminds me of my friend's hair. she always did such drastic things to her hair and her hair sure paid for it! she ended up cutting her hair pretty short but it still looked crunchy alll over :ninja:

just wear cute hats in the mean time or chic messy/wavy buns ^_^
i used to change my hair color every 1-2 months so i know what you mean about getting tired of colors quickly!

I wouldn't mind having to chop off all my hair, but not right now since it's winter and I don't want my ears to freeze off. Speaking of which, I'm totally wearing hats now due to the freezing cold anyway. It's a really good excuse to hide the mess that is my hair right now :lol:

psylocke, what color are you planning to do?
some of the lavender shades you posted in the Pastel Hair thread have really white bases, which is amazing omgoodness!
but since you are doing just a bit of steaks, i think deeper shades of pastel or otherwise is going to look really good too.

I definitely want to dye the streaks in a lavender color, sort of like Karlie has it in this photo:

picsandmodels.blogspot.com

But the lavender dye is only semi-permanent so I'll most likely dye it all kinds of colors, from baby pink to mint green :lol:

I'd love to have very white/silver hair and get all these crazy colors. But I'm not going to do that as long as my hair is as dark as it is now because I really don't want to bleach all of my hair. I'm naturally a dark blonde and it wouldn't be that difficult to do if I hadn't dyed it black and dark brown recently, so that's all my fault anyway. Luckily the black faded, but my hair has a dark base anyway. Unfortunately I really hate my natural hair color on myself, that's why I'm always going berserk with all the hair dye :doh:

^ i always have my hoodie on these days, it's just too cold over here!

i like that look Karlie has, are you just doing peekaboo steaks or all over?

i wanted to do lavender last year when i got to be really light blonde but i knew i would want to go back to blonde...and scared of having to rebleach and end up damaging my hair

baby pink and mint green sounds super cute too!
yeah all over bleaching to that light of blonde necessary for the crazy colors is going to take such a long time!

i don't love my natural hair color on myself either -_-. i wanted my sisters's hair color (light-medium brown), my older sis wanted mine :rofl: grass is always greener...:innocent:

But by cold you probably don't mean -12°C and snow storms every night like we have it here? :rofl:

I'm only doing peek-a-boo streaks. I was considering dying the hair-ends also, but then I figured it would be best to go for something subtle at first. Especially because I don't have any experience with bleaching my hair myself.

I've been meaning to get lavender hair for ages. But every time a new term at University is coming up I feel like I want a look that won't require putting any effort into, so I just go for dark shades which I'll eventually end up getting incredibly bored of :P
I'm sure the lavender would have looked great on you. But I can understand you not doing it since you have such beautiful blonde hair and it would have been quite a hassle getting back to the shade you have now.

:lol: I don't have any sisters but my brother has the exact same hair color as me, so nothing to be jealous of!

omg i would never survive in your neck of the woods. i remember when it was 28 degrees here and i had to steal my classmate's body heat just to get through class, * holds arms out * "hey dude, sharing is caring" :rofl:

the amount of streaks Karlie has doesn't seem like much to some but it's actually a lot of work. i remember when i bleached out all of my bottom portion, so many foils! i was about to say girl, are you ready for that endeavor? :shock:...:lol: please post pictures when you get it done!

i always go darker for low/er maintenance but i don't like it so i end up lightening my hair again... it's a terrible cycle, makes me feel bad for my hair and my wallet

aw thank you. i should do a crazy color one of these days just cuz before i get some job that restricts that kind of stuff

looking at photos of Sky Ferreira made me want to curl my hair so i did today

my backwards ombre hair :lol: i've seen some examples of it in the Two Tone Hair thread sooo i guess i am doing that trend unintentionally. i'll post these in that thread too. watch that backwards thing get trendy when i don't have it anymore! :rolleyes: it's like Neopolitan Ice Cream : vanilla, strawberry, and chocolate :rofl:

last time in the salon we did a full highlight root to tip but did double the amount at my roots because i like perfect roots. next time i hope to bleach out the bottom.

first one is photo, other two are video screen caps
color tones look different depending on photo vs video

novl.jpg

nov02.jpg

nov03.jpg

me.

omg i would never survive in your neck of the woods. i remember when it was 28 degrees here and i had to steal my classmate's body heat just to get through class, * holds arms out * "hey dude, sharing is caring" :rofl:
Totally making the best out of the situation :rofl: I hate cold and snow :(

the amount of streaks Karlie has doesn't seem like much to some but it's actually a lot of work. i remember when i bleached out all of my bottom portion, so many foils! i was about to say girl, are you ready for that endeavor? :shock:...:lol: please post pictures when you get it done!
Yes, it must be a lot of work. Since I did it myself (and I'm really a motoric mess :lol:) I wanted to take as little foils as neccessary so I can easily grab the streaks and bleach over them again without having to pick single strands for hours.
I will post pics if it looks somewhat close to what I want it to look like.

aw thank you. i should do a crazy color one of these days just cuz before i get some job that restricts that kind of stuff
That's what I keep telling myself. I can't imagine ever having to dress elegant and having to have my hair nicely done once I have a real job. I'm way too experimental with my hair...and sl*tty and inappropriate outfits :rofl:

Your hair looks absolutely amazing!!! :heart: The reverse ombre really works! So gorgeous!

^ thank you dearie!

people are always asking "is it hard to maintain?" i'm like "no, because my hairdresser does all the work!" :P my wallet weeps, that's all :cry:

yeah that's good because with fun colors you can go chunky, it's easier and colors looks so bold

they are actually trying to make us dress up at my work place, ugh! :yuk: anything goes for hair though so one of these days i'm gonna show up with lavender Care Bear colored hair! you're probably the least nerdy Math genius out there :rofl:

I'm going to force my cousin to become a hair dresses :rofl: or I'll just buy a wig :innocent:
I hate how my hair always turns orange when I bleach it...

^ wigs are really in right now anyways! take advantage of it
~ pink wig, thick a*s, give 'em whiplash ~ :winkiss:

loonaka, are you using at least 30 volume bleach? it's especially tough if you have dyed it dark. that's why i was scared to try to different salon that had balayage because they don't know my hair history. and if i turned out pumpkin, i would've been a damn pumpkin for halloween :rofl: whatevs, i would be workin' the hale out of it either way like Leeloo Dallas :D mul-ti-pass

Yeah I use 30 or 40 vol bleach on my hair and then my hair turns pretty light, but like strawberry blonde and I don't like it when my hair is light with red tones, I like it more ashy. So I usually put an ashy blonde color on top of that

i'm too scared to do my hair myself. and 40 vol is serious biznaz! my hairdresser only used it once on me and i had two people doing my hair, working very quickly!

I love the idea of all this lavender, I'm not sure I could pull it off but the idea of little streaks at the bottom sounds gorgeous :smile:

i'm too scared to do my hair myself. and 40 vol is serious biznaz! my hairdresser only used it once on me and i had two people doing my hair, working very quickly!
40 vol have never done much damage to my hair, the worst thing I've done was using bleach for Scandinavian hair 3 times..some of it even fell off:doh:

^ yeah it's not too bad if used correctly. i just wouldn't want to mess with it on my own because i might not be able to apply it fast enough or evenly. that's why they had two hairdressers going at the same time so that the color would lift at the same rate etc. it was the last session of highlights so only it was only applied the leftover darker pieces.

I'm pretty cheap when it comes to my hair :innocent: I would never use much money on my hair and I don't care much if things I do to my own hair looks weird..I can always cut it off or wear a hat :rofl:

L’oreal Récital Préférence California has been my colour now for a year or so. It`s so natural, that nobody knows I am not so blond originally. I know, though :D I don`t have to color my hair every 6 weeks, like they recommend. Now I interested in this silver shampoo I heard, maybe that would keep the color brighter even longer. Has anyone tried?

I havent tried silver shampoo but I've heard only positive things about it. I know loads of blondes who use it and are loving it... though one girl, natutally dark brunette, but now blonde used it and her brown roots turned purple, but after couple of washes the color got more even. I've heard recommendations that when you are going for blonde from darker colour, you should use silver shampoo in between of the bleaching so it helps the transformation :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcad1947
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->