The Brunette Hair Thread

^I think it's best if you find out which tones best suit you. I've noticed most times it's not about how dark or light you go, it's about finding the right shade of whatever color you want. So look if warm tones suit you or if you should aim for cold ones..

Going a light brown route can be good as you'll gradually get used to the darker hair and from then on you can slowly go darker.

^ i agree with her. its best to go gradual. stripping out layers of dark pigments from your hair can prove difficult to do without going brassy.

i'm walking proof of this. :unsure::blush:

what about adding darker lowlights?

Does anyone have good examples of very dark almost black eyebrows with light brown hair ... preferably tan skin. I always see platinum blondes with dark hair but hardly ever see another contrast...

I know Emma Watson usually has pretty dark eyebrows with light brown hair
emmawatson2008empireawa.jpg

justjared

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate that i am brunette but i was stupid enough to go blonde few months ago and now i want to go back to my real hair color (coldish light-medium brown) but when i color it it does not stick and ends up looking fizzy, orange/multicolored mop.
Any ideas how can i get back to my "real self"? :smile:

I hate that i am brunette but i was stupid enough to go blonde few months ago and now i want to go back to my real hair color (coldish light-medium brown) but when i color it it does not stick and ends up looking fizzy, orange/multicolored mop.
Any ideas how can i get back to my "real self"? :smile:

I have the same dilemma! My natural hair color is almost black, and I had it dyed ash blonde regularly for 5 years. When I asked my stylist to dye it dark again, the color stuck for like a few weeks or so before the ash blonde started coming out again :o I don't think I have any choice then but to grow out my roots. :doh:

Yes, because when you have a light blondish hair (levels 7 to 10), you only have the yellow pigment left. In order to have black/dark brown hair, you must have reds in your colors. This is when the repigmentation procedure is done, and it is vital to get the color you want.

If I have confused you with my answer, here is another explanation.
Levels 1 to 4 have blue. Levels 5 to 7 have red. 8 to 10 is yellow. The haurstylist must first die your hair in a medium brown, to give the necessary reds in your color, to feed it so to speak with a base, on which the black can sit. After that, you can get a brown/black, which will stay.

I have the same dilemma! My natural hair color is almost black, and I had it dyed ash blonde regularly for 5 years. When I asked my stylist to dye it dark again, the color stuck for like a few weeks or so before the ash blonde started coming out again :o I don't think I have any choice then but to grow out my roots. :doh:

It does not even need to be that radical.:o My natural hair is also almost black and I've been dying it in a variation of lighter browns for years. But then after my last ombre that was too blonde and i absolutely hated it. I decided to go back to my natural hair colour, i even cut my hair to my hair to my shoulders to get rid of the ombre and start afresh. But then after the first week, my hair was lighter brown again and soon i could see my much darker roots.:angry:

Yes, because when you have a light blondish hair (levels 7 to 10), you only have the yellow pigment left. In order to have black/dark brown hair, you must have reds in your colors. This is when the repigmentation procedure is done, and it is vital to get the color you want.

If I have confused you with my answer, here is another explanation.
Levels 1 to 4 have blue. Levels 5 to 7 have red. 8 to 10 is yellow. The haurstylist must first die your hair in a medium brown, to give the necessary reds in your color, to feed it so to speak with a base, on which the black can sit. After that, you can get a brown/black, which will stay.
Can you advice me if i want light brown/medium brown with cold tones? No red? Which number would be the best?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sliver54
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->