Reese Witherspoon

Actor Reese Witherspoon attends the 24th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards at The Shrine Auditorium on January 21, 2018 in Los Angeles, California.
ooRoo4K.jpg

Xq6F6Tb.jpg

zimbio​

To me the off-the-shoulder sleeves overwhelm her, but otherwise gorgeous Zac Posen gown... can't beat that color, wow!

The 2018 Vanity Fair Hollywood Portfolio: 12 Extraordinary Stars, One Momentous Year

A super-stellar lineup, including Oprah Winfrey, Robert De Niro, Nicole Kidman, and Reese Witherspoon—plus, one special cameo—took advantage of their downtime during the shoot of a historic V.F. cover.

Cover photographed by Annie Leibovitz.

by James Wolcott

Styled by Jessica Diehl

In the quarter-century since Vanity Fair launched the Hollywood Issue, show business has changed in fundamental ways, as have magazines. But a star-studded, foldout cover remains a surefire thrill. This year’s portfolio goes inside the cover’s creation, which took place in L.A. and New York as Annie Leibovitz photographed 12 of film and TV’s most iconic actors—with a non-actor corralled for the shoot for his last V.F. hurrah.

The films and TV shows represented by the actors in this year’s Hollywood Portfolio—which for the first time offers a behind-the-scenes look at the shoot—took the #MeToo movement in stride, offering strong women in leading roles, as well as strong men supporting them. Here we have Reese Witherspoon and Nicole Kidman summoning the women’s battle cry of Big Little Lies alongside Tom Hanks as Ben Bradlee, the indispensable sidekick to The Post heroine Katharine Graham. There’s also Claire Foy and Gal Gadot, embodiments of their formidable characters, the Queen and Wonder Woman, and one possible future female president in the mix. Movies have always thrived on relevance, and this year’s cover stars don’t hesitate to make a statement about the times we’re living in and the changes that need to happen.

REESE WITHERSPOON, actor, producer.
39 films, including A Wrinkle in Time (2018); one Academy Award.

Fresh from the starting gate, Reese Witherspoon radiated poignant yearning in The Man in the Moon. Only 15 at the time, Witherspoon was a natural on-screen, but a lot of naturals turn unnatural with time; not our Reese. Her special gift is for clear carbonated comedy, most memorably as Legally Blonde’s Elle Woods, whose bunny fluff conceals a snap-crackle-and-pop brain. Rom-coms aplenty followed, girded by dramatic triumphs: country madonna June Carter in Walk the Line and scary momster Madeline Martha Mackenzie in HBO’s smash mini-series Big Little Lies.​
vanityfair.com

Marie Claire - March 2018
rIe9tF7.jpg

O, The Oprah Magazine - March 2018
lXoTUId.jpg

@_magazinecovers

Last edited by a moderator:
Actor Reese Witherspoon participates in the press conference for Disney’s 'A Wrinkle in Time' in Hollywood, CA on March 25, 2018
iN1IZ4L.jpg

40G5S1x.jpg

zimbio​

Reese Witherspoon at O, The Oprah Magazine's New York screening of A Wrinkle In Time.
heSTFKV.jpg

hollywoodreporter​

Reese Witherspoon attends Eva Longoria's Hollywood Star Ceremony Post-Luncheon on April 16, 2018 in Beverly Hills, California

zimbio

Reese Witherspoon is seen in Los Angeles, California. May 18-19, 2018
Reese+Witherspoon+Reese+Witherspoon+Spotted+A7PK12ovJncl.jpg

Reese+Witherspoon+out+r9T_1uGg14-l.jpg

zimbio.com

Reese Witherspoon steps out in LA, May 24, 2018
4C9C0E3F00000578-0-image-a-28_1527238166616.jpg

dailymail.co.uk​

Fast Company, published May 30, 2018
4CC31CE900000578-5789263-image-a-30_1527727009723.jpg

How Reese Witherspoon is flipping the script on Hollywood
The Hello Sunshine founder is channeling women’s voices into top-tier entertainment–and altering the dynamics of the entire industry along the way.
BY MARY KAYE SCHILLING LONG READ
When Reese Witherspoon was 17, she had already appeared in four films. Still, she took an unlikely part-time job, as an intern in Disney’s post-production department. “I wanted to learn about editing, visual correction, and sound mixing,” she tells me 25 years later. Not long after, she worked as a production assistant on the 1995 Denzel Washington film Devil in a Blue Dress, helping with casting, among other things. Also: “I parked Denzel’s Porsche!”

That inquisitiveness, as well as nearly three decades in front of the camera, has made Witherspoon one of Hollywood’s most astute producers. She turned Gillian Flynn’s Gone Girl into a $369 million worldwide hit in 2014 (that earned Rosamund Pike an Oscar nomination) and did it again, that same year, transforming Cheryl Strayed’s best-selling memoir, Wild, into a breakout success ($52 million plus Oscar nods for Witherspoon and costar Laura Dern). Then came HBO’s Big Little Lies, executive produced with costar Nicole Kidman; the cultural bellwether about female relationships and domestic abuse, based on a novel by Liane Moriarty, swept nearly every category for which it was nominated at the 2017 Emmys. After years of hearing from studio executives that there was no market for female-driven films, Witherspoon had succeeded to a degree that proved a hunger was there.

Her instinct for what women want is now being tested on multiple platforms through her 18-month-old storytelling company, Hello Sunshine. She and her team currently have shows in development at Hulu, NBC, and Apple TV (which has partnered on three projects, one rumored to be the biggest deal in history for a straight-to-series show), as well as a film at TriStar/Sony Pictures. But Witherspoon is also laying the foundation for a direct-to-consumer brand, one that is already beginning to speak to women through a website, social media, YouTube and Facebook videos, audiobooks, podcasts, and newsletters—whichever platform she and Hello Sunshine execs think best honors the story being told.

For all the company’s digital ambition, Hello Sunshine’s Santa Monica, California, headquarters have an old-fashioned feel. The loft-like interior, with exposed wooden beams and pipes, is cheerfully decorated by Crate & Barrel (Witherspoon collaborates with the retailer). Vintage typewriters and hundreds of books make plain the company’s abiding passions: stories and the people who tell them. Sheets of paper with typewritten words to live by, tacked to a wall, gently rustle every time the front door opens. “I hope that you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there,” reads one, a line from Nora Ephron’s 1996 commencement address at Wellesley College. “And I also hope you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women.” Fluorescent signs at the back of the room illuminate a five-word ethos: optimism, humor, curiosity, honesty, generosity.

The space—which doubles as a set for interviews—is recognizable from videos on the Hello Sunshine website. Witherspoon’s glassed-in office is within shouting distance of her coworkers, who on a late March day sit or stand at a handful of desks or read books in armchairs. Witherspoon is wearing a navy blazer and a blue shirt with white hearts, both from Draper James, the apparel and housewares brand she launched online in 2015 as a “hey y’all!” celebration of her down-home roots. Her look is feminine, but not precious. Or, as her friend Kerry Washington describes it, “genteel Southern badass.”

Witherspoon, in person, bears a distracting similitude to Elle Woods, the character she made famous with 2001’s Legally Blonde. Celeste Ng, whose novel Little Fires Everywhere is being adapted by Hello Sunshine for Hulu, had a similar first reaction: “She’s bubbly and perky and scarily smart. I thought, Oh my god, it’s Elle Woods! But there’s a kinship with [Election‘s] Tracy Flick, too, in that people who underestimate her learn their mistake really fast.”

Wherever Witherspoon goes—Asia, Europe, Africa, South America—she is stopped by Legally Blonde fans: “I went to law school because of you,” they’ll say, or, “You helped me believe in myself.” She gets teary talking about the film’s impact. “I didn’t even understand when I was making it that it was a bit of a modern feminist manifesto,” she says. “Seeing a woman who is interested in feminine attitudes—getting her nails done—but who is also interested in promoting herself and accomplishing things was a new idea of feminine. A lot of women related to that, and the feeling of being underestimated.”

dailymail.co.uk; fastcompany.com​

Last edited by a moderator:
Reese Witherspoon and Jim Toth in Beverly Hills, June 9, 2018
4D237DF800000578-5831423-Sunday_stroll_The_Legally_Blonde_star_wore_a_multicolored_patter-m-3_1528739933174.jpg

4D23807C00000578-5831423-image-m-33_1528736292103.jpg

dailymail.co.uk​

Reese Witherspoon – Running Errands in Brentwood 06/30/2018
reese-witherspoon-running-errands-in-brentwood-06-30-2018-6.jpg

celebmafia​

Reese Witherspoon – Picking up Lunch in Beverly Hills 07/01/2018
reese-witherspoon-picking-up-lunch-in-beverly-hills-07-01-2018-3.jpg

reese-witherspoon-picking-up-lunch-in-beverly-hills-07-01-2018-2.jpg

celebmafia​

Reese Witherspoon – Out in Los Angeles 07/02/2018
reese-witherspoon-out-in-los-angeles-07-02-2018-2.jpg

celebmafia​

Reese Witherspoon – Out in Los Angeles 07/02/2018
reese-witherspoon-out-in-los-angeles-07-02-2018-2.jpg

celebmafia​

Reese Witherspoon is seen in Los Angeles, California.
4FuaJbV.jpg

GpEaBUO.jpg

5kqoZQo.jpg

zimbio​

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ebbbbty
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"