Repetto shoes

I am thinking about getting Repettos for summer since they are at last sold in Finland, yippee!

Hey everyone! I'm a size (in american sizing) 9.5 to 10. Sometimes 9.5 is too tight and sometimes 10 is too lose, it really depends on the shoes. What size would you suggest for me in repetto flats? Thanks!!

I'm afraid I can't help re: American sizing, as the conversions seem to vary, but Repetto are generally on the small side, so I would recommend going up half a size in most styles. Their ballerinas are cut fairly wide, but are quite shallow on the toe if that helps (I work in a shop that sells them, so I've tried on most styles and seen how they fit a variety of people). They're also very quick to mould to your feet- I bought my Jackie ballerinas slightly tight and they've stretched to fit me perfectly now. I adore mine though, they're the best fit I've ever tried in ballet pumps and are incredibly soft and comfortable. I only wish I hadn't had them rubber soled, they've lost a bit of their flexibility that way, even if it does make them harder wearing.

^Thank you, you were more of a help then the store that was acctually selling them (rolling my eyes... really bad Customer service). I'm thinking about a 40.5? Since they're small and euro sizes are smaller then american. Right?

^ Sorry not to have replied sooner, but I think 40.5 should be the right size- I wouldn't go smaller than that. Hope that helps!

The only thing with Repettos is that they are very slippery. Does anyone have the same problem?

I just got these in the mail today. .! :woot:

attachment.php

saks

The only thing with Repettos is that they are very slippery. Does anyone have the same problem?

Yes, their ballet flats are very slippery.
You have to be really careful when it's raining, it can get dangerous. :huh:

Yep, that's the rule : never wear Repetto's flats in the rain !

I'm a huge fan of Repetto since a lonnnnng time and only wear Repettos when I want ballet flats.

My last Reppetos are black low boots called Melody ... :heart:

LOL I've slipped so many times. Even when I had them rubber soled, they still had no traction. I have to say, they kept their shape no matter how many times I wore them.

where can i find the biggest repetto variety in london? i've seen one or two in some shops but i've never been able to find somewhere that has a lot of different styles?

Yes, I refuse to wear Repetto ballet flats again. I had a gorgeous pair which I slipped down my stairs in when I was leaving for work. I ended up going straight to A&E to find out I'd bust my coccyx and nearly two years later I still seize up when sitting for too long. Bloody flats have really flimsy thin leather soles imho. I couldn't comment on the rest of the range though.

i went to their shop in paris! i was amazed at the variety, also it looks very much like a dancewear shop still eventho everyone was there for the flats. they also do bags now, very low key, simple leather bags, but very cute!

i bought myself the basic black ones and they're soooo comfy. the problem is, they're so thin that it feels like walking barefoot so after a while my soles start to hurt :(

my question is, how do you clean your repettos? damp cloth? cos i tried it like that and i think i rubbed it a bit too much and ink started coming out!!

I was at the concession in Selfridges and it was great - very good customer service. I was debating between a couple of pairs but ended up getting nothing because I couldn't decide. They have quite a few cute heeled styles - I was just worried the toe box wasn't as stiff as I would like so it kind of looked like you just flung a chunky heel onto a ballet flat. I did try on a great pair of round toe heeled (with platforms) mules though and they were great - just not really what I was looking for. What I loved though was the comfy-ness of the sole - it was really 'bouncy' and flexible.

I really want a pair of the classic ballet flats in black leather, but I don't know if I should get them in lambskin or calfskin..does anyone know if either type of leather is more durable or comfortable?
thanks

Are the flats really as comfortable as rumoured? I've seen them irl, and while the leather is SO soft, I've been wondering if it's perhaps too thin? And when you walk, you'll be able to feel every rock and bump?

They're very thin and if I walk for many hours with them my feet get quite unhappy :rofl:

^That's what I thought. The hunt for the perfect flats continues...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
harrietcc
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->