Runway for Everyday

Caffeine

Reaction score
What outfits from the SS06 runway shows can you wear IRL?

In what degree do your personal style overlap with the runway outfits? For instance, I like the YSL show, but I can wear none of the outfits IRL. Meanwhile, I think that I can wear lots of outfits in the Hermes show (if I can afford them). What outfits can you see yourself wearing? Pictures are more than welcomed, and I will post mine tomorrow :flower:

I actually thought the opposite ... I would have nothing to do with Hermes clothes IRL, but I could wear some of the YSL, to be specific, the suede with pompoms, the heavy linen jackets or whatever those are, those are very wearable ... just not practical for my climate. I could also wear this if not for my climate (Lanvin, style.com:(

00460m.jpg

I could also wear this Prada (but not with all the buttons buttoned!) ...

00070m.jpg

Already posted in Spring 06 shopping list items from NY runways I wanted. But overall, wearability is a huge problem.

YSL I'm talking about ... this jacket:

00010m.jpg

same thing I believe in black
00030m.jpg

00170m.jpg
00160m.jpg

i'd happily wear those ysl jkts that ta-ta posted too...
:heart:...
my fave pieces of the collection actually...

along with some of the amazing blouses...
which i also think are VERY wearable...
including the one under the suede pom pom jkt...
that is soooooo amazing....:heart: :heart: :heart:

*that is my idea of new gothic....
GORGEOUS!!!....

*swoon*.... :P

Last edited by a moderator:
^I think that the jackets are cool and wearable, but I am afraid that I can't replicate the YSL styles without the ruffles. I'll look trying too hard if I wear ruffles in Boston:D I guess NYC is ok:smile:

I loved the YSL and Lanvin collection esp. Lanvin along with others, but since I'm only 13 I can neither afford it or wear it. :(

Here are some of the looks I liked

the edgy ones:
Ann Dem outfit...at least the top
Balenciaga Tshirt
Maybe a CDG top

ladylike ones:
Moschino skirt
Chalayan jacket (b/w edgy and lady)
Hermes skirt (lots of my daily outfits are like the ones shown on runway...just my standard office style)
Roland Mouret top

Dresses:
That Lanvin dress; Chanel white dress (I was wondering if I could use it as a wedding dress...I don't want to wear something with a little edge); and most of the dresses made by Alberta Ferreti;that Miumiu LBD.

I always have an ambitious wishlist and then it will be slimmed down gradually :ninja:

(style.com)

Caffeine, I looked several times at that Moschino skirt too! It's cute. And I think the Chanel would make a nice wedding dress. Nice picks. I also particularly like the other flat grey Chanel boots that were shown with that poofy grey/black/white plaid outfit.

These would be pretty wedding dresses too:

00580m.jpg
00620m.jpg

For me, I like this jacket--same issue as before (you can see what I was wanting, yes? :wink:)

00710m.jpg

These are the boots I liked:

00030m.jpg

^I like those, Ta-ta. Thanks for the wedding dresses. They are perfect for a beach wedding, I guess. Is that ok for a girl to use RTW dress as a wedding dress though? :unsure: I don't really know the wedding culture in the States much. But at least Chanel has my size!^_^

I like that jacket as well. I'll actually take a look in the trunk show to see what exactly the material is. It's interesting. For some reason I always thought that Chanel is slightly cheaper than YSL...maybe I'm wrong. I wish there was a YSL store in Boston so that I can look at the clothes closely.

I'm not that tall, so I prefer the boots with a little heels. I am not sure which pair of booties I'll eventually get, so I'll try them on at the trunk show as well.:flower:

talking about wedding dress, I think that this Roland Mouret dress will be perfect for a Chinese wedding B) :heart:

Caffeine said:
^I like those, Ta-ta. Thanks for the wedding dresses. They are perfect for a beach wedding, I guess. Is that ok for a girl to use RTW dress as a wedding dress though? :unsure: I don't really know the wedding culture in the States much. But at least Chanel has my size!^_^

I like that jacket as well. I'll actually take a look in the trunk show to see what exactly the material is. It's interesting. For some reason I always thought that Chanel is slightly cheaper than YSL...maybe I'm wrong. I wish there was a YSL store in Boston so that I can look at the clothes closely.

I'm not that tall, so I prefer the boots with a little heels. I am not sure which pair of booties I'll eventually get, so I'll try them on at the trunk show as well.:flower:

Well, I've seen people wear all kinds of things for weddings, but yeah, the long white dress is pretty common for the first wedding (not that you're going to have more than one :wink: :heart:). I like it, it's very dramatic, and the bow really looks like you. I'm sure you're not going to like the typical wedding fare ... I think you should go for it ^_^

My impression of YSL/Chanel is different, but I'm sure as with anything else it depends on the pieces you're comparing.

I'm just about exactly your height :wink: but I liked the way the ties wrap on the flat boots--they look spunky. Don't get me wrong, I like the ones with the heel too B)

I haven't been paying a lot of attention to designer collections since around 2000-2001, but I love fashion and I really want to get back into it, now that I've graduated from university.

You guys are probably the perfect people to teach me more!:flower:

Can you guys do me a favour, and post your favourite casual/everday outfit by designers (or separate pieces from outfits, that you like in particular.) I mean the kind of outfits that you or I would actually wear, or like the kind of outfits that celebrities wear in their candids. But I'm looking for runway outfits, obviously.

I hope this is not a repeat of a thread - if it is, I apologize and delete it.

I just thought it would be interesting, and completely separate from any elaborate designs or gowns that you or I wouldn't really wear normally.

I'm just looking for real fashion/style inspiration!:heart:

Ahh great just the perfect post to relief my boredom! I've a bad habit of just hoarding pictures of runway clothes that I think I might actually wear. here are some:

05m.jpg
00020m.jpg

Can't remember | Paul Smith Women FW 05

00100m.jpg
00200m.jpg

Burberry Prorsum FW 05 | Chloé FW 05

00210f.jpg
00300f.jpg

Stella McCartney FW 05 | Balenciaga FW 05 (maybe, not too sure)

00600m.jpg
1720p0248.jpg

Hermes SS 06 | Can't remember (sorry about my gammy memory)

2460P0191.jpg
2518P0091.jpg

Burberry Prorsum FW 05 | Loved the jewelry at Lanvin FW 05

ChanelDevonFall2002.jpg
chloe.jpg

Chanel FW 02 | Chloe SS 06

ErinWassonProenzaSchouler.jpg
GemmaWard-BurberryProrsum.jpg

Proenza Schouler FW 05 | Burberry Prorsum FW 05

IsseyMiyakeF04.jpg
JessicaStam-BurberryProrsum.jpg

Issey Miyake FW 04 | Burberry Prorsum FW 05

paulsmithstylecomsp062ln.jpg
limifeu.jpg

Paul Smith Women SS 06 | Limi Feu FW 05 (I think)

These are not exactly runway I know, but they're so gorgeous that I just had to share them with you :smile:

kate261.jpg

kate308.jpg

kate319.jpg

kate367.jpg

Credits: style.com, firstview.com, lerage.com, kate moss thread, yahoo.com

HPL, love those pictures! Karma for you :flower:

I've always loved that Chanel outfit Devon wears too ^_^

^ Me too, and the fact that Devon, being like a head shorter than all the other models, looks so cute in it :D

Thanks for the karma (that was unexpected lol)

**maybe this needs to go over into personal style...:wink:...

THank you so much for contributing , Hye Park Lover

what are the best designers that I should look into for casual style?

I don't know, it depends on your perception of "casual style". For some it may sound like designers who are less innovative and daring with their collections, who just stick to the more "safe" stuff. if you're just looking for that kind of "casual" stuff, that looks about more or less the same as the range of clothes Topshop or H&M stock, at selling at ridiculously high prices, I recommend you look into Stella McCartney, although I must mention Burberry Prorsum FW 05 which deserves a mention as it updated English countryside chic/ the laid back look wonderfully well. I think the key with being fashionably forward yet casual at the same time is to tone down some of the designer looks with high street finds, like you might pair this season's pencil skirt or puffball skirt with just a simple turtleneck jumper, a pair of tights and some flats, instead of going the whole nine yards with a victorian ruffle shirt, weight high belt and heels, which is the look most designers have opted for. Sorry hope that made sense, it surely sounded so much more coherent in my head :D Anyway I'm not an inner-fashion-circle-r, so anyone else feel free to contribute:innocent:

Prada

00060m.jpg

W/ trousers in sme color and brown pointy boots
A0448825619272_v1_m56577569831103751.jpg

I'd wear this coat
00120m.jpg

without the belt, with a white turtleneck, and black trousers, and black pointy boots

(coats: style.com; boots: saks.com)

balenciaga

I'd wear this outfit(in the alternate universe where i can buy 10,000 dollar coats:lol: ) but with pointy pumps instead

(runway: style.com,stilettos: bg.com)

00010m.jpg
BGX3419_mh.jpg
It would also look great with jeans and ankle boots

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmarisMoonlover
Back