Runway vs real way

raphy

Reaction score
hey so this is a thread where you can post a pic of YOU wearing a runway piece you have along with a pic of it on the runway!

i think its a pretty cool idea to show off your sweet clothes haha try and include some details about it, like price, where you got it, and when..if you're okay with that :smile:

you know what sucks though? i dont have anything that i own that was in the designer's show! lol there goes my ego..

i hope you guys like!:heart:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, raphy! I'll start, I guess, since I already have pictures in my hard drive...

Here's a Helmut Lang hooded scarf thing from Fall 2002 (firstview.com:(

helmut1.jpg

And here's me wearing it:

September5010.jpg
September5002.jpg

Another Helmut Lang, these are pants from Spring 2003. The runway picture is of black, I own the pants in khaki. (firstview.com:(

helmut2.jpg

And here's me:

august12008.jpg
august12013.jpg

Here's a blazer from Veronique Branquihno, Fall 2002 - I can't afford these designers at retail/current season, so all of these items are from way old collections since I have to wait until they're discounted! Runway pic is gray, I have the off-white version (style.com).

branquinhofall2002.jpg

And here's me:

October19b001.jpg
August27012.jpg

Ohhh Kokopuff I love the helmut lang hooded scarf jacket! I think I like it most with jeans, thanks for posting so many pics.

This is a blazer from Costume National Spring 1999. Runway picture in white, I own the navy blue version. (firstview.com)

cnspring99.jpg

And here's me:

all146.jpg
February4a2006005.jpg

Koko, Love the Helmut Lang pants on you. :woot: You wear them so well ! :heart:

Thanks, tinetush! Hm, is it a good idea to post pictures of myself right alongside tall models? :lol:

And carryanne, I prefer the hooded scarf with jeans, anything casual, as well. It's very warm, great for winter but I feel kind of weird taking it off at a restaurant, it's not like a regular scarf, it snaps in the back. :P

Let's see what else I can dig up...

Dries Van Noten F/W 04-05 sweater (mine is different colorway that presented in this picture here, the one I have was also on the runway but the coat is covering it up to the point you can't really see:(

00093.L.JPG

(picture from firstview.com)

My take (excuse the goofy face expression, not photogenic:(

CIMG0483.jpg

Dior Homme F/W 04-05 distressed turtleneck (again, different colorway:(

dio016.jpg

(picture from gqstyle.com)
My take:

dhoutfit003_edited.jpg

Number (N)ine f/w 05-06 'Fender' monogram t-shirt...couldn't find the pics for the runway show but this was a key item in the show as I remember seeing it:

2006_03080004_edited.jpg

Dior Homme F/W 04-05 orange overdyed jeans...normally I wouldn't consider jeans real key runway pieces, but my take on it was styled in a somewhat similar way to the runway, although different colors and no accessorizing in my version:

dio011.jpg

clothes_edited.jpg

that's about it...don't have a lot of runway pieces.

kokopuff..you have amazing style...i love the way that you wore your Veronique Branquihno blazer..it's so versatile.....

fade to black...very nice stuff also

:shock: Wow Koko, brilliant take on all of the runway pieces. My minimalist and formulaic styling is completely humbled by your innovative and fresh way of rockin those clothes.

i found another pic on the server i hosted my pics at...here's the Dior Homme F/W 04-05 distressed matte finish corduroy pants:

dio024.jpg

and another minimalist take from me...

mattwongpicture002_edited.jpg

i've just realized that i'm more or less wearing the same clothes in every one of these pictures. Wow.

kokopuff said:
Another Helmut Lang, these are pants from Spring 2003. The runway picture is of black, I own the pants in khaki.
:heart: :D I have the same, though in black. ^_^

FtB, I like the way you dress, you never look like you're trying too hard. And I'm sure photographs don't capture coloring and tailoring all that well; you probably look a lot sharper in real life, and even though it may seem "formulaic" when you post all the pictures in a row, I think the formula works for you and you have enough variation in print and texture and layering that it remains interesting.

Anyway, dug for some more runway pictures! Here's a stripey top from Cacharel Spring 2003 (firstview.com)

cacharelspring03.jpg

And me:

July3001.jpg
August10006.jpg

And here's a dress from Cynthia Rowley, Spring 2004. Runway picture in black, I have the cream color (firstview.com:(

crowleyspring04.jpg

Me:

StyleDiary51.jpg
December1a002.jpg

This is Diane Von Furstenberg... I forget what season (the DVF website:(
promdressssss0ik.jpg

Me at my high school prom (June 2005:(
img4193claraab7wm.jpg
(I couldn't find a full length picture)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads