just the jackets
00030m.jpg

00060m.jpg

the skirt
00070m.jpg

the turleneck
00140m.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This is wonderful! Thank you so much for all the ideas!

I thought the recent Balenciaga collection was absolutely delicious!

Hye Park Lover said:
I don't know, it depends on your perception of "casual style". For some it may sound like designers who are less innovative and daring with their collections, who just stick to the more "safe" stuff. if you're just looking for that kind of "casual" stuff, that looks about more or less the same as the range of clothes Topshop or H&M stock, at selling at ridiculously high prices, I recommend you look into Stella McCartney, although I must mention Burberry Prorsum FW 05 which deserves a mention as it updated English countryside chic/ the laid back look wonderfully well. I think the key with being fashionably forward yet casual at the same time is to tone down some of the designer looks with high street finds, like you might pair this season's pencil skirt or puffball skirt with just a simple turtleneck jumper, a pair of tights and some flats, instead of going the whole nine yards with a victorian ruffle shirt, weight high belt and heels, which is the look most designers have opted for. Sorry hope that made sense, it surely sounded so much more coherent in my head :D Anyway I'm not an inner-fashion-circle-r, so anyone else feel free to contribute:innocent:

Thanks so much for your advice Hye Park Lover.. I greatly appreciate the response.

I just wanted to point out something interesting - the puffball skirt and skinny leg jean/pants for example of trends from this season - i notice they are trends for very very skinny/tall women only... I find that annoying and very hard to work on a curvy body like mine... just something interesting I thought I'd throw out there. Puffball skirts make a woman with big hips look horrible. Skinny leg jeans make a woman with big thighs look horrible. it's too bad.

There needs to be more trends that adapt to other types of bodies too...

oolie coco said:
I just wanted to point out something interesting - the puffball skirt and skinny leg jean/pants for example of trends from this season - i notice they are trends for very very skinny/tall women only... I find that annoying and very hard to work on a curvy body like mine... just something interesting I thought I'd throw out there. Puffball skirts make a woman with big hips look horrible. Skinny leg jeans make a woman with big thighs look horrible. it's too bad.

There needs to be more trends that adapt to other types of bodies too...

I so agree- I mean when the designers show things that make even the anorexic models look bad. . .

How does anyone else stand a chance?

I mean who could ever look good in a puffy skirt and a puffy top
00030m.jpg

Put it on a crvy girl about 5 foot 2 and she'd look like a black prada marshmello

(style.com)

Last edited by a moderator:
Great idea for a thread!!

Alexander Mc Queen curtisy of Style.com

00060m.jpg

not that I have lost the weight after my baby I would love to find some cute sweater dresses. They are causal yet "put together. It's hard to pull that look off with 3 kids. ha.

Alexander McQueen again curtesy of style.com

00070m.jpg

I hate Luca's hair here.
00350m.jpg

Carolina Herrera style.com

00020m.jpg
00050m.jpg

Zac Posen

Missoni

I LOVE Missoni. I would pair this with a black belt though

00250m.jpg

00150m.jpg

The last is my Favorite outfit of all. Missoni I realize is way out of my budget but if I was a wealthy person I would wear 90% missoni. It fits my style so well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eneida
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->