S/S 2005 Ad Campaigns

Originally posted by Changuito Ponc@Oct 26 2004, 01:30 AM
I dont think anyone is trashing her just because or cause she is daughter of her mom, or grand daughter of that mister. The thing is, If she wants to be a model, thats ok for me too. BUT how many gorgeous girls are out there seeking for a chance to work in something really good... i mean, she is short, she is fat, she cant walk properly FOR A MODEL.
Maybe im being judgmental(spelling?) to her, but i cant give her a chance to grow up while girls the same age or younger have not one chance to show their work, even if they are tall and thin, cause a model working the kind of things Ms Keough is doing, are tall, thin and walk like they enjoy the walk.
Lets let her grow and become a real style icon(if she can) but please, keep her back stage!
[snapback]406886[/snapback]​

First, you you correct with the spelling, but second, you were being just a tad bit when you called her fat. The only thing fat on her is her head. (genetics) I know there are others but can't she be one too. Not everyone one of the other girls are that experienced too. They just get more sympathy because they are unknown. About the trashing, you obviously haven't seen the other posts on this board in other sections when you look up her name. They chewed her up and spat her out like roadkill. Hell I didn't even do that to the Hiltons and both can't compare to Riley(at least class, talent, and decency). Not to compare, but Devon and Kate are around the same height as her, Riley just might grow a little. She's still developing, thank you :P ! Besides not to accuse, but I hope that you have alwasy been one of the non-trashers because, well I don't know, but I could've sworn that I saw the same name Changuito Ponc on another section talking about her. I am not sure but oh well!

WWD had a piece on the Chanel SS05 campaign on Friday:

Tourists soaking up the splendor of Place Vendôme in Paris encountered an extra attraction on Thursday: Karl Lagerfeld. The designer was there with his entourage shooting the spring 2005 Chanel campaign with model Daria Werbowy — along with dozens of curious onlookers. Lagerfeld said he was then moving on to other locations where there are Chanel boutiques, including Avenue Montaigne and Faubourg Saint-Honore. And while at first glance it might seem the advertising theme is a departure from Lagerfeld’s runway show, a paparazzi frenzy complete with supermodels and Nicole Kidman, Amanda Harlech begged to differ. Watching Werbowy pose with the Ritz Hotel and a cloud-flecked blue sky in the background, she observed: “Paris is the red carpet.”

a lot of campaigns will be confirmed next week
i will let u know what i can :wink:

Originally posted by *Addict_to_Fashion*@Oct 26 2004, 05:29 PM
Riley Keough is sooo ugly... :sick:
[snapback]407448[/snapback]​

:angry: You might think so, but I don't and I'm sure others as well, even though some are embattled at the fact that she is all of a sudden responsible for other girls not getting their big breaks! So whatever! :yuk:

Originally posted by kragirl@Oct 26 2004, 07:27 PM
:angry: You might think so, but I don't and I'm sure others as well, even though some are embattled at the fact that she is all of a sudden responsible for other girls not getting their big breaks! So whatever! :yuk:
[snapback]407584[/snapback]​
WOAH! Calm down.....

Judging by the YSL resort ad done by Pilati, YSL wont be anything special.

Originally posted by kragirl@Oct 27 2004, 12:27 AM

:blink: i dont know who you are......but what is your obsession with this girl?

Is that you Lisa Marie? :unsure: :unsure:

Originally posted by kragirl@Oct 26 2004, 08:27 PM

:P First, I am not Lisa and second I am not at all obssessed with the chick, all I was trying to say that she is not responsible for the agency's dealings and how they find other people. Sorry if I came off a little bit too angry for you guys. :rolleyes:

well i don't like her either. i hate it when people only make it because 1. they have famous family members or 2. they have money

even though i use both of these to the best of my abilities if they were available. if they let her on the runway, well hell i should be on a runway.
think about it that way an uglier model provides hope almost like a super hero...except not.

i got it. alejandro should just take her place. he'd probably make a better looking woman than she will.

alejandro who, wait he's a guy, come on down now, be real!
Well anyway that's alright if ya don't like her, but she is already mortifiedf or being famous some others. On that comment I should be on the runway, well out of curiousity have you tried out be one? :innocent:

BTW, to get off topic I've read some pretty interseting rather unflattering comments said about Priscilla, especially since the elvis and me movie and the book "child bride." Which was considered to be written by a cilla hater. See the reviews for both (Amazon notably) and you'll see what I'm talking about....

Well, I'm going to bed now, since I sidetracked myself from my work and studies, have to get up early to go to political science, stat and later English 101.

This is my personal opinion, but I don't think she would've made it as a runway model without her family heritage. She isn't tall enough nor does she have the body to be on the runway - she's only in shows, IMO, because of her name.

I don't particularly like her (I dislike her look), but if she wanted to pursue modeling, she should do so on her own, and she'd probably do all right in ads.

Originally posted by Misako@Oct 27 2004, 12:31 AM
She isn't tall enough nor does she have the body to be on the runway - she's only in shows, IMO, because of her name.

[snapback]407770[/snapback]​
That's not just an opinion though, she actually isn't tall enough. Industry standards require runway models to be at least 5'8 (female) and she's 3 inches too short....that's proof enough right there that the only reason she's on a runway is because of her name.

:rolleyes: Well like I said for the thousandth damn time, that's your opinion and that is cool, but D&G first approached her. Like she was supposed to say no!

Hey let's give Riley a hard time just because of her heritage and where she cam from LOL :angry:

since when did this become the riley thread?

more info on the versace campaign, courtesy of today's WWD:

Mario Testino is shooting Versace’s men’s ad campaign in London and reports are that he’ll next head to Los Angeles to shoot the women’s — with none other than Madonna. The rock star-style icon-children’s book writer is poised to ease into Donatella Versace’s spring looks like the candy-colored satin dresses, scarf-printed numbers and touches of metallic details. As a further sign of Versace’s changing times, Testino’s lens will replace that of Steven Meisel, who has shot the house’s ad campaigns for years. While a company spokesman confirmed Testino will shoot both the men’s and women’s ad images, he declined to confirm the Madonna coup.

and Mandy Moore will be starring in the Coach ads in Japan:

It would seem Mandy Moore already has her plate full as a singer and actress. Au contraire! Moore will now also star in Coach’s spring campaign in Japan, where the luxury goods company is a roaring success and holds the number-two market share position. The ads will break in Japanese magazines and outdoor locations in March. Shot in New York by Steven Sebring earlier this month, they feature Moore wearing a custom-made green feather bustier, a custom-embroidered Scribble signature skirt and a matching Scribble pocket satchel from the spring collection

When someone nearly puked and dissed at the thought of her being in an ad compaign, that's when. I guess it would be nice if Kate comes back though.

Originally posted by kragirl@Oct 27 2004, 11:07 AM
:rolleyes: Well like I said for the thousandth damn time, that's your opinion and that is cool, but D&G first approached her. Like she was supposed to say no!

Hey let's give Riley a hard time just because of her heritage and where she cam from LOL :angry:
[snapback]408129[/snapback]​
I'm not sure if that was a reply to my post about her height, but if so, it is a fact that she would not be on any runway if it weren't for her name.......runway models have a height requirement of 5'8...not my opinion but a cold hard fact.

Like I said before, not to even compare her the the two but Devon and Kate are around the same height. Hello anyone, and besides, she is lucky that she is a model, that is a note to Lisa. I mean she didn't let her kid do anything (probably because of her own discretions) and she really gave caution about this move because she was afraid that her daughter was going to be the subjuect of many cynics... :rolleyes: that she is a nobody and will never be without her name. Kinda like the same bullsh*t they said about her mom and grandma. Look at them two now, and if riley is not successful at this than hopefully she'll be successful at something else nad not have to put up with any bullsh*t. .There are too many dogs out there that would want to take advantage of her so that is why her mom and grandma are always around and are very protective of her and her little brother.

Do any of you guys have any scan of YSL Resort??? ive never seen those... tnx

a question for you all, ive just see a Dior image with Karolina Kurkova on it, wearing the same clothes Gisele does and the same styling too... is that an advertising? cause this season Dior adv are awful, and then Karolina came around...
I would love to post the scan but... :ninja: ... i can´t find the way to do it. But you can go to the last update in HerFamedGoodLooks and there it is.

Just to finish, if Riley's frenetic fan #1 wants to, she can make her own thread about it and problem fixed(or her own forum :innocent: )...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacksonb
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->