Schiaparelli F/W 2024.25 Paris

The soundtrack here is giving "copyright-free". Loved the collection though, even though there's heavy overtones of YSL and Lagerfeld's Chloé throughout.

laughing-holding-in-laugh.gif

Appreciate a tight edit after a season of near endless multicolor identical looks. Some great pieces. Casting is always pristine.

Last edited:
It’s quite a great collection!
I’m actually surprised by how much I love this!
He has finally injected some lightness and his clothes finally allows movement!
This is what we want for Couture too!

The more I get old the more I realize that I really dislike the kind of black leather and loud gold combination! Brown and gold is chicer..

And I think that I will probably make my first Schiaparelli purchase in those incredible cowboys boots!

The pants were terrific too!

Della Valle is serious about developing Schiaparelli. Gone are the intimate settings and now we even got Sunglasses! New categories!
The Tod’s group is moving!

Stellar cast and having Vittoria is always fabulous.

Another fantastic collection! Wow 2 great fashion shows in a day, that hasn't happened in 8-9 years. Paris is delivering !
Stunning dress. There is this modern Marlene Dietrich vibe to this collection which makes this very alluring!

Absolutely!

That’s Daniel giggling after all the glowing reviews, when all he really did was ripped off the all the trending looks and cuts of 1988 wholesale: The boxy blazer and motorcycle jacket worn with the ankle cowboy boots; the full-cut pant; the lite acid wash denim; the gold buttons on all-black silhouettes; all the shine and patented leathers… Very surprised he left out all the bows that was also the huge trend of that year. But have to admit it’s done well and doesn’t look sloppy. And unless you’re 5’11 and a size 2, you’ll end up looking like Elaine Benes in these total looks. So approach with caution with this brand.

Absolutely!

That’s Daniel giggling after all the glowing reviews, when all he really did was ripped off the all the trending looks and cuts of 1988 wholesale: The boxy blazer and motorcycle jacket worn with the ankle cowboy boots; the full-cut pant; the lite acid wash denim; the gold buttons on all-black silhouettes; all the shine and patented leathers… Very surprised he left out all the bows that was also the huge trend of that year.
precisely! nothing memorable, new, significant or interesting about this collection at all. it’s not a car crash of poor taste and tackiness like virtually all of his other shows, but that’s only because the ideas present have existed for decades, outside of his extremely narrow sartorial repertoire. it’s just a series of very uninteresting dresses and jackets. no unique/challenging ways of cutting or draping. he continues to prove that he has such a limited design vocabulary and it’s actually astonishing how much positive press he gets for it.

also, you can thank les petites mains for the technical execution of his “vision”. he had nothing to with it. i doubt he’s even taken a single sewing class in his life; he’s just an illustrator.

Last edited:
He made the collection feel luxurious and effortless at the same time. I like it.

Feels like Olivier Rousteing and Daniel Roseberry got an agreement to copy each other. They could sell their clothes in the same shop, there is little to no difference: they both are obsessed with late 80s opulence gone to the max. Dated for the sake of being dated.

Good outerwear, and the opening looks were great. Don't really like much else, seems like a retread

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
haleyabhdisjsbw209
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->