Self Service #58 S/S 2023 by David Sims & Juergen Teller

HQ-
SS58_COVER_1.jpg
8095_8bf1b3ff-d8d0-4397-a3e7-31718e2a0b47.jpg

Although there's definitely a handful of content that I don't care for based on the quick previews thus far, somehow I'm quite compelled by this issue, and I haven't bought Self Service in a few seasons. Perhaps it's the overall impression that packs a punch; an entire section of the 'Obsessions' styled by Suzanne, a feature on Yohji and then Sims and McKenna's editorial; a duo I will never complain about, even if some of the images look pretentious (as is often the case).

Karolina is one of the most intriguing new faces in a while, and although I don't think the second cover in the Vuitton works for me due to her vacant expression, the first portrait is a smash; especially with the gilded typeface on the cover itself. I'm trying to limit my magazine purchasing ATM but this could indeed me the issue of the season, so I might part with some cash for this after all.

Photography Charlotte Stouvenot
Styling Suzanne Koller
Featuring Saunders
ROtsdMm2_o.jpg
WgDbOId0_o.jpg
kD015MKT_o.jpg
iE1O8WZC_o.jpg
wMNYk6Fl_o.jpg
ZnTZLRKt_o.jpg
w6UF9TJZ_o.jpg

instagram

Looks like a good issue despite the covers… Haven’t bought self service in a long time… just wish the covers or cover stars were more exciting then I would be purchasing for sure.

I loveeeee everything about it!
Do you think it'll be available in London end of June still?

Is this how long it’s taking to be released in London now… Wow that’s long didn’t used to take this long before!!

Is this how long it’s taking to be released in London now… Wow that’s long didn’t used to take this long before!!

Same here in Italy, the last issue took like two months to arrive...crazy...and for what i saw they increased 5 euros to the price...last issue was 35....

Same here in Italy, the last issue took like two months to arrive...crazy...and for what i saw they increased 5 euros to the price...last issue was 35....

Oh no!! What’s up with that?! Thats way too long!! And 35 euros? It was £18 at one point here in London but I’m pretty sure it’s increased as that was a while ago… Would definitely think twice if it’s anywhere close to £30… If they had an icon on the cover I would be more inclined to purchase but not sure a new face would be enough for me.. Eventhough the content seems good!!

i've bought it here in Italy today...it's a very thick issue as usual...and yes the price is 40 euros. But i think it's worth it. The LV cover is what you can find mostly but in the Amani bookstore you can find the one with the grey background (the one i wanted).

i've bought it here in Italy today...it's a very thick issue as usual...and yes the price is 40 euros. But i think it's worth it. The LV cover is what you can find mostly but in the Amani bookstore you can find the one with the grey background (the one i wanted).
And teller cover is available exclusively at self service site, it’s not selling anywhere

And teller cover is available exclusively at self service site, it’s not selling anywhere

Thanks for the info ASF. That sounds kind of a relief for me because I don't want to get that cover in the end lol.

Thanks for the info ASF. That sounds kind of a relief for me because I don't want to get that cover in the end lol.

the opposite for me, I wanted Juergen one, and on the site the delivery is 18 eur even for paris! I just hate that multi cover story: you can never find the one you need, and that’s especially frustrating when the magazine is expensive and heavy.

the opposite for me, I wanted Juergen one, and on the site the delivery is 18 eur even for paris! I just hate that multi cover story: you can never find the one you need, and that’s especially frustrating when the magazine is expensive and heavy.

two for me is the best number if you want to make a multicover, from a consumer point of view....but some companies go crazy on the shipping....

Tell them that you can pick it at the office..lol..

two for me is the best number if you want to make a multicover, from a consumer point of view....but some companies go crazy on the shipping....

Tell them that you can pick it at the office..lol..

I agree. Multi covers could be frustrating and usually I would never get the one that I really wanted. Remember the time when Self Service did only 2 covers for each issue? And those two were just a bit different from the same shoot. I hate nowadays some magazines select one photo from each of the eds featured in the issue and make them covers. So lazy. I know they might be under pressure of the advertisers but for me it kills the "exclusivity" of the magazine cover. You should have a very strong point of view for the cover you choose to put out each issue.

Could any of the members who live in France tell me if the issue retails at €40 now at the newsstand? IIRC the price has always been pretty similar across EU countries. I remember when it used to be €20 for an issue (bargain compared to now)!

I have a feeling the UK price might actually be cheaper so may wait to see why it sells for here when it arrives.

Could any of the members who live in France tell me if the issue retails at €40 now at the newsstand? IIRC the price has always been pretty similar across EU countries. I remember when it used to be €20 for an issue (bargain compared to now)!

I have a feeling the UK price might actually be cheaper so may wait to see why it sells for here when it arrives.
I bought the last issue back in December in France for €20

I bought it in Paris a week ago. I can confirm it’s indeed 40 euros.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaywootoo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->