Shoes: yay or nay? #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe that's the problem, I love that profile which is why I can't stop buying them, haha :ermm:

It's a bit like the old Volkswagon Beetle. Some were hardtops, some were convertibles, there were a bunch of different colors, but they were all the same car.

That's a good way of saying it Echoes. I'm a bit like that, though - if I buy a top I adore in white, I'll probably get it in black too. Looking at my collection though, I don't think I have too many in that style. I've got a pair of hypers but not much else with the cut-off toes.

Thanks again :flower:

Not crazy about the Loubs personally (probably because they've been around for so long and I'm a little tired of seeing them). But they are not a bad shoe per se and the color is great so if you like them go for them.

I like the blush, but also the black for fun. I think ladies should always have a stash of shoes- just for emergencies.... I have shoes I bought for my wife that are stashed away some she has seen and forgotton and some she has not...

Like my wife is going to visit her parents in Nice, France Friday for 2 weeks. They are having their 75th. wedding anniversary. So she was kind of mopey about not taking any fun clothes when she goes out or to visit friends because well most of the time she will be hanging out with people over 90. So I told her to go down in the basement and in the corner is a stack of boxes. One of those is a Postal Service box. To her surprise was a pair of Kors sandals in just darker than tan leather.... You know Boy Scout motto- Be Prepared.

The multibuckle wedge boot sandals get a YAY!

And Rosalynn I say yes to the red slingback pumps. Some one mentioned everybody had done them, but I say you can never have enough pretty red shoes. they are kind of hard to find. They seem to be seasonal. YAY! One day it might be a warm sunny Valentine's Day and you are visiting Cannes or you might go to Rome for Christmas...

But then again in 20 years of marriageI have amassed a shoe collection for my wife of something over 400...

YAY! Nicetthing from me. They are very cute and will get lots of attention because they are different.

tristan-blair-7.jpg

yay or nay?

from
http://awomanandhershoes.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/tristan-blair-7.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like we have flats... with a difference, and some booties.

Try to follow me here. For those shoes in Post #11,028... I'm actually on the fence here. Its overall design is a yay. However, I don't like these in grey. I'm reminded of some of those mary jane sport shoes. You know, the mary janes with a sporty appeal to them. If they were in black or brown, I might yay these. But since they aren't, I'm only going with a (slight) Nay! Of course, you shouldn't pass these up because I think they are pretty nice for what they are. These are more like a maybe. It's a 50/50 split. So it's really up to you. Just because I nay'ed these doesn't mean I entirely hate them. I like them, just not as much to recommend them. So I'm sorry to nay these. As far as liking these because they are different... well, you know how I feel about that.

Now on to the booties in Post #11,038. The last pair of wedge boots I reviewed, I gave an total nay just to show how God-awful terrible they looked to me. These wedge boots look like a combination of patent leather and suedo. There isn't too much going on to dislike these. So here's what I'm going to do- I'm going to Yay! these. Again, not too much going on, I'm almost a sucker for wedges and cute booties, and so I think these are very nice.

Slightly nay the flats, and yay the booties! Dress with confidence and dress as hot at weather here in Texas!

nicestthing - a very moderate yay. Not my style and a bit restrictive style-wise but with the right outfit could look nice
timemachinedream - not my style eitherbut yay, they're quite destinctive without being too OTT

Thanks everyone for the Louboutin feedback. Just to say I've bought them, it didn't look like they totally polarised opinion, plus the nays were mainly based on the fact the style is a bit hackneyed now which is OK to me as that wasn't a personal concern, it was just that I didn't want to buy something that disgraced the Louboutin name, haha. So thanks :flower:

nicestthing - yay!
timemachinedream - nah, but that is because although i do love wedges, i'm not a fan of patent leather + wedges. i guess it would also depend on how they look worn..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCavendish
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->