Shopping in Sydney

i miss my dear old sydney!!! glebe markets :heart:, the wonderful surry hills with cream on crown (well, EVERY shop on crown street. love for grandma takes a trip and C's flashback!), and in saying that, cream on king in newtown.

i also highly reccommend checking out www.twothousand.com.au, a free to-your-inbox magazine. i found utter gems through this, and not just for shopping, but for entertainment, art, and hidden spots, as well.

any update sor shopping in sydney & gold cost ?
any europian designer botique address please

^ We now have a Miu Miu in Sydney Westfield but really, if you're coming from overseas it would probably be much cheaper to buy from wherever you live or over the internet. The markups are ridiculous here. It was reported in the Sydney Morning Herald a while ago that the markups for cosmetics in Aus/NZ are the highest in the world. For example, we pay at least double US$ MAC prices despite our dollar being much stronger.

As a Sydney resident/market fan, I can say that in the past few years Sydney markets have really suffered from people wholesaling mass-produced cheap clothes. Glebe, Paddington, Kirribilli- I don't know why they let people do this. Every second stall was one last time I went to Glebe, they all sell the same things from the same manufacturers and it was so disappointing to see. You go to a market for local designers and individual pieces and designs- these people shouldn't be allowed to sell there.

Gucci recently launched their flagship store, and so will the new LV store on George. :smile:

i went to rozelle market last weekend and loving it!! my bf's friend had a booth there and it's so fun to sit around to eat and shop there, love the atmosphere
i also did a little shopping around new town, found some great vintage clothing there.
cream in new town have good choices but very generic and specific vintage style, the price is not too cheap too. i get some cute dresses in rozelle for 2, 5 and 15$ but in cream the dresses are 49$, men's shirts around 23-29$
the louis vuitton in george street across apple store is quite big too, bought an iphone case there, good service and the price is like stated in louisvuitton.com for australia and that is included GST.

A Christian Dior flagship is opening in 2012 too!

Seriously giving this thread a bump up.

I love shopping in Sydney and I don't mean just the city either.
You can go to almost any Westfields Mall now and find so much at reasonable prices with many of the big brands there and quite a few iconic labels. Westfields Chatswood is the place to go and while you're there, a short walk to Chatswood Chase just down the road.

Next, catch the train to the City, then to St James. Go for a walk (about an hour or so), up William St then head right to St Vincent's Hospital, turn left up Oxford Street and be amazed at the beautiful stores that are there now.

I could go on and make this a Sydney rave...honestly there is so much. :heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velvetmuse
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->