Sies Marjan F/W 2017.18 by Bruce Weber

artemovartem

Reaction score
Photographer: Bruce Weber
Styling: Marie Chaix
Art Direction: Christopher Simmonds

fashionweekdaily

It’s a family affair! Sies Marjan unveiled a colorful new campaign for Fall/Winter 2017 featuring Isabella Rossellini and her son Roberto Rossellini, Sasha Pivovarova and her daughter Mia Isis Vishnyakova, and Lexi Boling and her boyfriend Ben Allen. The campaign was shot by Bruce Weber in East Hampton and is meant to evoke the spirit of summer coming to an end.

“I am less keen on fashion that is all fantasy, or all reality; what interests me is the play between them,” said creative director Sander Lak in a press statement. “Most of us use fashion to bring some fantasy to our everyday realities, and even to bring some of our fantasies to life. for me, this is a big part of the power and pleasure of clothes. I want to celebrate the Sies Marjan ethos, and I want my clothes to do the same thing. I love to collaborate with people who understand this, and because I trust their outlook, we can stand back and watch our worlds combine. This is the approach that has led to the most successful projects, including this campaign with Bruce. His way of seeing things and showing people, is at once both earthly and divine. He makes people look like legends; he shows the humanity in the legendary.”

The campaign was styled by Marie Chaix with art direction by Christopher Simmonds and also stars Dilone, Lorna Foran, Malcolm Evans, Matthew Sinnaeve, and Legend Pearl Phillips.

In addition to the campaign launch, Sies Marjan debuted a men’s capsule collection inspired by Lak’s own wardrobe. The 15-piece collection will be available at Barneys, matchesfashion.com, and siesmarjan.com beginning in November.

Lexi and Ben :heart:

impressive cast but looks like an editorial for a lifestyle magazine

Isn't it a bit soon for such a young designer to have a campaign already?
On top of that, by Weber and with a great stylist? With such a cast?

It's kinda great even if we missed the clothes. I don't really get it.
And i think that if you don't have a clear vision of your brand (and that comes after a few seasons), it's kinda tricky to work with someone like Weber because his type of photography can really overshadow the main subject.

All this budget and that is the outcome?

Mia Isis is landing gigs left and right. Werk!

It looks good as if it was for a mass market catalogue. But not enough for a high fashion brand.

All this budget and that is the outcome?

MTE! And he went for one of the most dullest photographers in fashion right now.

There's way too much fanfare and too little clothes, imo.

How on Earth did this campaign even happen? Lak must have serious connections and/or supporters because a young brand such as Sies Marjan cannot possibly afford what is going on here.

But I'm definitely underwhelmed, which is a shame considering the interesting subject(s) *cough* Isabella *cough*

He really does!
Off topic, but who is his dad?

Really? He can fix his hair first! Not sure what it's trying to be....afro, curly mop, dreads? And to think he used to be so adorable when he was little with the most beautiful golden curls.

He's adopted, BTW.......

How on Earth did this campaign even happen? Lak must have serious connections and/or supporters because a young brand such as Sies Marjan cannot possibly afford what is going on here.

Well he was the head of studio from Dries Van Noten so he's not really a new face.

This is so charming. Reminds of those feel good 80s photos from Weber. True that it doesn't really sell the collection that much, but it sells one hell of a mood.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nocknock
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->