Singapore designers

For me, good Singaporean designers have stuff that are practical and wearable.

Our climate don't really allow us to be 'fashionable' by layering and what not. All those really pretty designer jackets or drool-worthy designer boots can't be worn in Singapore. We will get heat stroke!

That's why practicality is the key.

My favourite Singaporean designer is Celia Loe. She's got another branch called ADDITIONS (for the younger crowd). Her clothes have very clean lines and they never go out of style. NEVER.

Since i'm a bag girl... or rather... accessories girl... i go crazy in PROJECT SHOP. Yes, the bags are overpriced. But they just make me hyperventilate.

:P

model_mercurymelt.jpg

just wondering..can your label be found in S'pore? where can I get them??

Not at the moment. I want to explore and conceptualize before starting on. Thank you for your interest in the garment.

Thank you for your interest in that piece. its a short sleeved-top over a crinkled soft leather(treated) jacket and a crinkled-patched leather with red/black thread stitching onto the black cotton twill pant.

Franuan co said:
Thank you for your interest in that piece. its a short sleeved-top over a crinkled soft leather(treated) jacket and a crinkled-patched leather with red/black thread stitching onto the black cotton twill pant.

Wow I like it a lot. I wish I could wear it lol :smile:

i was looking at a tv series documentary on ashley isham and i thought about this thread again.

ashley isham, vera wang, jonathan seow's woods & woods and andrew gn are the more established ones in the overseas i guess.

there are franco's SO, nicholas, alldressedup, song&kelly, grace tan's kwodert, jo soh's hansel, baylene, abyz and perhaps, a singapore based, indonesia born harry halim too.

m)phosis, stray cats too.

Wow, Franuan, what you designed is really not bad at all. I agree that Andrew Gn isn't a designer to brag about, his clothes are gaudy, fussy and so obviously targeted at ladies-who-lunch. Hope to see better designers from Singapore making an international debut. :flower:

i saw the show on ashley isham too! at first, i wasn't v impressed by his designs bt after looking at e close-up of e details tt they caught on film, i changed my mind. any1 has e pic of e closing gown? a white, laced one..

i like jo soh's hansel. simple and cute! very wearable..and workmanship is good too. if only there are more pieces produced per season...tt'd be great!

Singapore does have a bunch of good designers but sometimes I just find that there's not enough exposure for them.

There's only like 2 fashion events per year ( Fashion festival & SFW) .
Next year is gona be worst got we are only left with one. :doh:

i was looking at a tv series documentary on ashley isham and i thought about this thread again.

ashley isham, vera wang, jonathan seow's woods & woods and andrew gn are the more established ones in the overseas i guess.

there are franco's SO, nicholas, alldressedup, song&kelly, grace tan's kwodert, jo soh's hansel, baylene, abyz and perhaps, a singapore based, indonesia born harry halim too.

m)phosis, stray cats too.

Vera Wang is Singaporean? I thought she was brought up in Paris? mmm

oh..next yr we're only having one? i didnt knw..which 1's gonna be left?

Yea. Next year there wouldn't be anymore SFW . I guess it's mainly because TAFF do not have enough funds to organise this anymore. But from what I see , there aren't much international buyers that comes to Singapore for this event anyway.

:sick:

Yea. Next year there wouldn't be anymore SFW . I guess it's mainly because TAFF do not have enough funds to organise this anymore. But from what I see , there aren't much international buyers that comes to Singapore for this event anyway.

:sick:

i guess they will have the money somehow at least for either one.
fashion week/festival is something that brings in the name of being better than the others, the tourism, media, and something to write about singapore.

u certainly don't see poorer countries getting some attention for their fashion festival/week yeah?

i think he just possess that charisma in him and imagine so many foreigners are working under/for/with him. that alone, certainly just bring us proud.

not many people are making it in london anyway.
anyone heard of fashion photographers, louis & aida and kirby koh? they are based there.

i saw the show on ashley isham too! at first, i wasn't v impressed by his designs bt after looking at e close-up of e details tt they caught on film, i changed my mind. any1 has e pic of e closing gown? a white, laced one..

anyone has pictures of harry halim's collection?
i've seen a few photos and they're *love*

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
John Burke
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->