The All-Things Chanel Makeup, Skincare & Fragrance Thread

He has resigned, about a month ago I think.. He'll be working for Chanel as a consultant.. I'm not sure what that means yet..

Thanks for the info :flower:

I hope that "Mysterious" looks great in person.

The full run-down of the Summer 2013 collection (temptalia.com:(

Chanel L’Ete Papillon de Chanel Collection for Summer 2013

The dazzling colours of butterfly wings inspire a joyful look for Summer, with the enchanting collection L’ÉTÉ PAPILLON DE CHANEL. Creative Director of CHANEL Makeup Peter Philips envisions electric shades of gold, pink and platinum to set eyelids aglow, with lashes fluttering in whimsical aqua, lime and blue hues. Crisp peach and bright raspberry grace the lips, while nails finish the fleeting mood in glimmering shades of intense coral, deep blue-green and heavenly blue.

Stylo Eyeshadow / Fresh Effect Eyeshadow ($34.00) (Limited Edition)

A smooth-gliding pen applicator delivers a new lightweight, long-wear shadow that highlights eyes with gleaming colour. A cooling, water-infused formula creates a shimmering veil on lids — or precisely lines the eyes with perfect definition. In six playful shades, from light and soft to dark and metallic.
  • Moon River - Platinum
  • Cool Gold - Luminous gold
  • Pink Lagoon - Fresh pink
  • Jade Shore - Tender green
  • Blue Bay - Silvery turquoise blue
  • Black Stream - Silvery black
Inimitable Waterproof / Mascara Multi-Dimensionnel ($30.00) (Limited Edition)
  • Zest - Bright yellow
  • Lime Light - Tender green
  • Aqua Blue - Bluish green
  • Blue Note - Electric blue
  • Noir - Black (Permanent)
Stylo Yeux Waterproof / Long-Lasting Eyeliner ($30.00) (Limited Edition)
  • True Blue - Turquoise blue
Rouge Coco Shine / Hydrating Sheer Lipshine ($34.00) (Limited Edition)
  • Idylle - Soft peach
  • Pygmalion - Raspberry
Levres Scintillantes / Glossimer ($29.50) (Limited Edition)
  • Zephyr - Beige with shimmer
  • Envolee - Coral
  • Eden - Translucent raspberry
Le Vernis / Nail Colour ($27.00) (Limited Edition)
  • Lilis - Intense coral
  • Azure - Metallic blue green
  • Bel-argus - Metallic blue

bel argus and azure are looking like musts for me!earlier i was contemplating blue satin. but the new shade looks more interesting. chanel.com

Attachments

• bel.jpg
    bel.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 3
Has anyone tried the Les Beiges powder? I'm considering getting it, but need someone to convince me! The packaging looks gorgeous, so that may be all the convincing I need after all ^_^

Usually I'm not big on blue nail colours but this Bel Argus shade has got me hooked! Taboo looks fabulous as well.

Has anyone tried the Les Beiges powder? I'm considering getting it, but need someone to convince me! The packaging looks gorgeous, so that may be all the convincing I need after all ^_^

I have. They're really nice, very fine and smooth but here in Australia we're not getting the lightest colour (only 20 and up) so it was too dark for me. Which is unfortunate because the compact is so gorgeous in real life (it's a big bigger than their pressed powder and comes with a brush). I'm considering getting it as a bronzer/sculpter on the packaging alone.

Chanel Cruise 2013/2014 (images: elleuk.com, text: style.com:(

Peter Philips has said it before, and he all but screamed it on Chanel’s Cruise runway in Singapore yesterday: Karl Lagerfeld loves an eye. In fact, backstage-beauty watchers will have to look all the way back to the house’s Fall 2010 Couture show to find evidence of the last time Lagerfeld ordered up a statement lip—which might be why Philips is in his comfort zone when it comes to lids; no matter how many times he reimagines them, they never fail to impress.

For Resort, the makeup artist’s handiwork was even more noteworthy than usual, considering the hot and humid conditions of the Southeast Asian summer—and because rather than expand the definition of the word makeup with pieces of tulle, lace, jumbo glitter, and rhinestones, as has become his signature, Philips used plain old pens and pencils, to no less impactful an effect. “We combined an exaggerated graphic black eyeliner on the eyelid, with an electric-blue kohl underliner,” he explained drawing a thick black flick through the crease of the eye with Chanel’s Stylo Yeux Waterproof Long-Lasting Eyeliner in Noir Intense before using the same crayon in True Blue to create an equally elongated stroke beneath the lower lash line. “I also used lots of black mascara on the top lashes and applied a gently enhanced eyebrow,” the face painter continued, swiping on multiple coats of its Inimitable Waterproof Mascara in Noir.

Skin was kept luminous with a touch of Chanel Joues Contraste Blush in Frivole, a warm peach, its Éclat Lumière Highlighter Face Pen, and some expert contouring courtesy of Chanel Les Beiges, an inventive array of sculpting powders that debuts next month.

To not distract the attention from the eyes, which were dusted by Sam McKnight’s side-swept faux fringes—the ends of precisely pinned French twists that had been carefully arranged over the forehead—mouths were kept bare, albeit moisturized. “We kept the lips natural, only using [Rouge Coco Baume] lip balm,” Philips elaborated. He did allow for a little distraction on the nails, though, which peeked out of a series of fingerless gloves to reveal two glimmering coats of the cult-favorite Le Vernis de Chanel in Black Satin.

Love the eye makeup and the black nails for summer, looked very chic with all the white and beige clothes. :heart:

I use the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua foundation (and I have OILY skin) and it's by far the best foundation I have ever used. Even though it's supposed to be a moisturising foundation that gives you a dewy finish, it doesn't make me look greasy at the end of the day and it's so comfortable to wear :smile: I recommend it to everybody.

I also really like their nail polishes! I didn't even used to collect nail polished until I tried CHANEL ones – and they're are really great. I love the packaging, especially the brush that gives you lots of control on the application, and they can last up to a week without chipping off or showing tipwear.

^ I agree on Vitalumière Aqua: I have oily skin too and find that it's a wonderful foundation. My friends complimented me on my skin when I started to use it; they could really see the difference (I used Dior before). I wish it covered acne scars better though.

A not-so-great snap of two of the nail colours (instagram.com/jamiesblog:(

Further news about the Autumn 2013 collection (specktra.net:(

NAILS
Le Vernis - Nail Colour $27.00
• Elixir - Milky Pink
• Alchimie - Golden Khaki (Limited Edition)
• Mysterious - Deep Khaki

A better shot from Beau Monde magazine via Specktra (instagram.com/p/ZsHvMxGBIp:(

Ok, I'm getting both. Alchemie looks like a lighter Peridot, so so beautiful!

I hate how most green-tinted nail polishes make your look like you suffer from severe nail fungus after removing it, I hope this is not the case with those two because they both look chic and I want them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->