The Cover Challenge (PLEASE READ THE THREAD RULES IN POST #1)

Is it me or American Vogue's masthead has more condensed letter spacing comparing to other editions?

I feel you, @Kite....
I had time to kill so I reimagined the October 2008 cover (originally with Racherl Weisz). Since I already posted two, this is not an official entry but I wanted to share it anyway! Always felt like Tanya Dziahileva deserved more recognition :heart:

tanyad.png
vogue

Is it me or American Vogue's masthead has more condensed letter spacing comparing to other editions?

the dimensions of the magazine are much slimmer than other issues.

It’s about 1cm x 0.5cm smaller than UK vogue, but their March and Sept new layout is about 2cm wider than a normal issue.

god knows why!

I also LOVE making the stupid cover lines. The more cheesy they are the better! (I do steal ones from real Vogue Issues too)

@aracic @Kite What font are you using for text on the cover? I have tried many but I cant get that look.

Mine's a mix of Trebuchet MS/Trebuchet MS Bold (on Tanya's cover) and TW Cen MT on the other two. It's not the same as Vogue's official font which is most obvious in the letters like C, M or W, but it does the job!

^^ I have the same problem!! I can’t get the perfect Vogue font... and it annoys me so much lol.

the dimensions of the magazine are much slimmer than other issues.

It’s about 1cm x 0.5cm smaller than UK vogue, but their March and Sept new layout is about 2cm wider than a normal issue.

god knows why!

I also LOVE making the stupid cover lines. The more cheesy they are the better! (I do steal ones from real Vogue Issues too)

Thanks for the info! I didn't realize the difference until I was searching for some real covers for reference.

Normally I only make up the cover line that's related to the cover subject, then I would rip off the rest from real magazine covers lol

Entry #1

Picture1.png

pleasurephoto.files.wordpress.com
I don't know what happened, but it got blurry after I uploaded it

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dianarimar
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"