The 'D la Repubblica' Magazine Thread

Love her but hate the layout...makes no sense...

Excluding Mila Van Eeten's cover-story, the whole December - when it comes to "Republica" - was extremely uneventful, so I didn't feel the need to post anything so far…

d la Repubblica January 13th, 2023

ALLA PRIMA
Photography: Luis Alberto Rodriguez
Styling: Robbie Spencer
Hair: Shiori Takahashi
Make-up: Anne Sophie Costa
Models: Arthur Del Beato, Goy Michael & Yura Romaniuk

d la Repubblica Digital Edition

d la Repubblica January 27th, 2023

YET TO BE TOLD
Photography:
Ethan James Green
Styling: Dara Allen
Hair: Sonny Molina
Make-up: Yumi Lee
Model: Fei Fei Sun

Last edited:
One of this week's covers (for Volume 2 of this season's Fashion Issue) is already on their Insta, I can't post as am on my phone but is by Roversi and Robbie Spencer with Lina, Amar, Penelope Ternes and another girl I can't recognize (Yar?). Looks like a lovely vintage couture photo from the 50s and possibly even a big fold out?

Not sure if people are making separate threads for it, but just a heads up :flower:

d la Repubblica March 9th, 2024

KEY FACTOR
Photography: Tim El Kaïm
Styling: Vanessa Reid
Hair: Damien Boissinot
Make-up: Christine Corbel
Models: Jolien Bosman, Nyaboth, Ana Rossolovich, Olivia Palermo, Rosalieke Fuchs & Diane Chiu

Love the color-blocking in the" Key Factor" fashion editorial by Kaim. It is striking and funky. There are also some good key pieces for spring in the story.

Love Vanessa’s styling in here. Good fashion exercise! Models don’t have much energy, though.

terrible attitude of the models...a little empty in that sense...

terrible attitude of the models...a little empty in that sense...
Totally see what you mean, but somehow I take it as a part of the editorial's mood and many pictures are "nice" at least. What sounds empty to me is the difference between the title ("Key Factor") and this melancholic atmosphere. Anyway, it seems like something in-between, not really bringing something strong to the table while it would have been rather easy to do, not goinf full-steam ahead towards one direction or another, quite a pity. As I said, it's "nice" but sort of stops there (still liking it, though, haha).

Models don’t have much energy, though.
Agree. But I like it this way, just too bad they didn't push it further, make a statement out of it, seems a bit halfway to me. I don't think every model on every photograph should jump as she were Trentini, don't think they all have to look fierce like... name any always-fierce-looking popular model. I just regret they didn't go for something "low energy" all the way, even with some simple studio shots it remains possible. Some kind of a missed opportunity despite all the good points about this story.

^Absolutely OBSESSED with that. What a vast VAST improvement from Léa Seydoux's cover of British Harper's Bazaar. Minimalism done right. The Louis Vuitton looks fantastic, Léa has been photographed and styled so beautifully and I love the Natalia Vodianova vibes I'm getting.

More of Léa Seydoux by Vito Fernicola:

New issue with Vivienne Rohner and Mason McKenrick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoahGarnet
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->