The Libertines #2

maitai

Reaction score
Moderator's note:

• In order to improve site performance, long threads that are draining our loading time will be closed and we are going to be periodically starting new threads. This should help pages load faster.
  • Please remember that not everyone is on a fast connection, or has a large screen, and keep your picture sizes to 800 pixels or less in the largest dimension. This will also help with page load speed.
  • Please refrain from posting the same images as contained in the archived threads (eg in the old closed thread).
  • Please remember to stay on topic... All off topic discussion will be removed.
  • Please do not power post eg make empty posts with no Info/questions/Images - Empty posts cause threads to grow rapidly and is a nuisance to those who subscribe to many threads. Please take any private conversations to PMs or Profile Comments.

To view old thread, click here.
Thank you.

here are many new pete pictures from lisboa:
http://www.eastnews.com.pl/news/wyniki.php?fraza=kate%20moss&strona=1

Last edited by a moderator:
Dohertysgirl said:
As long as he is playing Love Music Hate Racism on thursday I am happy, implant or not. :P

Well I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you.:ermm: Last night's gig in stockholm was cancelled, as is todays gig in Malmo due to doherty being treated at a london hospital for a stomach infection:blink:

Erm what a tale of woe. My heart is breaking... not.

Although I feel sorry for you Thovety.

Don't worry Hilde, we'll watch the crap Metro Riots and err the crapper Paddingtons. Hmm. I might want my £16 back.

its strange.... just listening to the Libertines can put a smile on my face and make me forget about everything! I am sucked in, ahhh! *shakes head*

the_libertine said:
its strange.... just listening to the Libertines can put a smile on my face and make me forget about everything! I am sucked in, ahhh! *shakes head*

I know exactely what you mean, there music really gets to me, but it makes me happy in another way, I don't know, a sort of sad and happy at the same time feeling. I really don't know how to explain it.

(I hear the_libertine thinking, what the hell is a Alex Turner avatar doing on this forum:P )

Why is that? I love The Libertines and Arctic Monkeys, is that a bit uncommon? :huh:

rehab

thovety said:
argh, im seeing Babyshambles tomorrow!! well, hopefully anyway. ill be soo pissed if they dont turn up and really chocked if they do.. :P

honey, pete's in rehab..

kan-i-ta said:
I know exactely what you mean, there music really gets to me, but it makes me happy in another way, I don't know, a sort of sad and happy at the same time feeling. I really don't know how to explain it.

(I hear the_libertine thinking, what the hell is a Alex Turner avatar doing on this forum:P )

hehe, i dont mind :wink:

I know exactly what you are saying! It is like you feel really sad but it is a comforting kind of sadness... I love it when I find solace in music. I also think because Pete and Carl's lyrics have such beauty and they way they use words is extremely in touch with their audience! That is why, I think, a lot of Libertines fans are REALLY into the whole idea and romance of it!

Yeah he played. ... It was... mediocre. The General sang and so did Purple which is rare.

Ok 8am I need to go to bed....

Mediocre.. B*tch!

For once he was actually on time, well behaved and healthylooking, and you call it mediocre. Well I agree. See what you are doing to me!! :P

I feel sorry to hear that Pete is in trouble again...Well, the most important is that his music makes us feel better. I get the impression that his great sens of humour is often forgotten.

I love this pic btw:wink: :

sanstitreih4.png

source : Babyshambles secret site...

^^^AWwww! I love that picture, so cute! thankyou very much for that. hope he get better!:cry:

So I've been listening to The Blinding EP, and my conlusion is that I like it. I dont love it, but like it. Or some of it that is. The first song The Blinding is catchy, and I think it will grow on me. The new version of LYBUG is not great though compared to the aucustic one. I think he is spending a little too much time with a certain general. The same is for that other song, I wish, its a little to ya man-reggaeish for my taste, and not in a good 8 dead boys way. My favourite is Sedative, that one got me at once.

Still, none of it is as good as some of the bumfest-demo material, but hopefully it will be on the next album.

I'm amazed by the Bumfest demo, it's great! For me, those songs are much better than the ones chosen for the EP. If they are included in the next album, it can be a great record.

Which ones are your favourites, Yppe? Personally I would hope for Unstookietitled and Cuckoo 1440 on the next album. And I am starting to get a little in love with Delivery too, he played it on Love Music hate racism and I was surprisingly pleased with it. :wink:

Yeah, I really like Cuckoo and Unstookietittled, and Carry on up the mornig is one of my favourites too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
slimshelly
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->