The Minidress S/S 06

I absolutely adore this one by Marc Jacobs. I would buy it in a heartbeat if I could. There's no where in Australia which stocks Marc Jacobs collection :(
missing credits

Last edited by a moderator:
Ooh Cicciolina, I love that coral Alice McCall dress :crush:!! It sorta reminds me of the red Karen Walker dress I wanted to get (the one Sienna has)..... Just a lot prettier - I love the detail on it!! I saw the other Alice McCall dress the other day..... It looks much better on then it does just hanging there. But the red one..... Pretty.

I've been wearing tights with dresses for ages now but my mum thinks I look like a crazy woman :blush:. Still..... I've always liked wearing it :smile:. And Yppe, I love those Miu Miu sun dresses. Cute ^_^!!

I love minidresses. I wear a lot of shirts as dresses, but I like this way because its dressier.

I love the look of the babydoll dress and wonder if I will look silly at age 34 wearing it?! I don't want to look like an adult in a baby's outfit. Hummmm.:unsure:

LadyChloe said:
I love the look of the babydoll dress and wonder if I will look silly at age 34 wearing it?! I don't want to look like an adult in a baby's outfit. Hummmm.:unsure:

Or it can make some body types look pregnant! Haha, so be careful of that. Anyways I LOVE:heart: LOVE:heart: LOVE dresses, and my parents always ask me in the summer: "Why are you so dressed up?" They think a cute light sundress is dressy for some reason! I love feeling/looking feminine and even if you dont wanna look too girly, I've seen cute mini's that can work. We all need to wear dresses more often...I love it!:blush:

Cicciolina said:
I love this look at well. As Australia's heading into winter, I'll be wearing these dresses with black opaque stockings with ballet flats or boots :D I'm searching for a sweater dress or a long-sleeved mini dress. Alice McCall (Australian designer) showed some lovely ones at London Fashion Week

Some of them are a bit too long to be considered mini dresses no? When I think of minidresses I see Jane Birkin or the Metric front girl.... this is not really what I would call mini.... :flower:

I look shorter and stumpy with anything below the knees, so I love mini dresses :heart:

LOTS of minidresses in the FW 07 collections.. here are some of them
Can someone please change the title to just The Minidress (remove the SS06) please:flower:

all from elle.com and vogue.co.uk
Chanel x2, Christian Lacroix x4, Versace x2, Anna Molinari x2

Attachments

• chanel51.jpg
    chanel51.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 11
  • chanel50.jpg
    chanel50.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 6
  • christianlacroix8.jpg
    christianlacroix8.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 14
  • christianlacroix10.jpg
    christianlacroix10.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 11
  • christianlacroix13.jpg
    christianlacroix13.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 5
  • christianlacroix22.jpg
    christianlacroix22.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 4
  • versace37.jpg
    versace37.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 5
  • versace42.jpg
    versace42.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 7
  • annamolinari7.jpg
    annamolinari7.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 13
  • annamolinari13.jpg
    annamolinari13.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 13
I absolutely :heart: this trend, only problem is my legs are far from perfect so I would wear jeans or leggings underneath. If I had the legs I would def just wear the mini by itself.

Such an easy and sexy thing to wear....I like loose minidresses - kinda like trapeze shape.

i :heart: this trend
it's the easiest way to get ready in the morning and lasts less than 5 minutes :smile:

Aw, I love these! There's such a variety of shape but they're all not so fitted so they won't look tarty at all. Plus, some of them look like something easy to whip up on a sewing machine... :D

i love this trend!! soo comfy im wearing them now with black opaque tights..but im terrified once summer comes because my legs/knees are unforgiving..especially since im soo skinny on top ppl always give me the look or actually tell me..woow..u dont have a think lower body..:( so i chicken out....will try to work out though cuz i love every dress mui mui has this season

I :heart: minidresses too! Especially worn with stockings, leggings and tights! So adorable!

Not a huge fan of the ones posted above... I like it more when it's done in a casual effortless way.... the ones above are far too try-hard sexy for my taste.... :sick:

Sometimes it's hard to convince myself to wear a minidress in the winter here but if I wear leggings underneath or bermudas it doesn't seem quite so harsh.

iSpot said:
I'm a bit tired of the babydoll trend...AND it makes you look pregnant (I was asked by a security man if I was pregnant at the airport last year when I was wearing my then new mj top :cry:, big trauma! )

Been there... (In the south of South America the babydoll has always been associated as "pregnant" fashion) So I returned from my vacation with a similar trauma:cry:

I am in love with this outfit:

(from Flare Magazine's website - GO FIGURE?!)

The dress is BCBG, thought I don't love it on the runway - looks like a sac du potates, I love the styling of the shoot in the photo.

Attachments

• shanghai_daylight.jpg
    shanghai_daylight.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 433
  • BCBG.jpg
    BCBG.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 7
oh i love these. i'd wear just dresses all spring and summer i think if i didn't feel a we bit overdressed for school. any ideas how to style them for class?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
screenstarmakeup
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->