The Most Famous/Sucsessful of the 90s Fashion Models?

Bellesimo

Reaction score
I find it’s pretty more ridiculous and ridiculous in instagram or Facebook or YouTube comments about why Claudia or Kate Moss didn’t participate in Vogue September or Supermodel+ docs. A lot of them say Claudia is bigger than blah blah blah, Kate is the biggest blah blah blah. In fact, everyone knows that Claudia and Kate didn’t be in the part of big5 in the early of 1990s.

So, I will start a bit controversial debate topics. Who is the most famous or biggest names in this group between
1.Naomi
2.Kate
3. Christy
4.Linda
5.Cindy
6.Kate

if you want some more debates, you can add some other names like Gisele, Nadja, Helena, Amber, Carolyn, Adriana or Tatiana etc….

The reason I create this thread is I can’t tolerate some of them in online who says this model is bigger than another blah blah blah, it’s so annoying now.

For me, one of the biggest 90's models is probably Karen Mulder. Here's why:
- Had about 292 magazine covers, including Vogue, Elle, Allure, Cosmopolitan, Glamour, Grazia, L'Officiel, Marie Claire, etc.
- Was in advertisements for brands such as Versace, Christian Dior, Celine, Chloe, Dolce & Gabbana, Chanel, Gianfranco Ferre, Giorgio Armani, Lanvin, Nivea, Garnier, Revlon, Escada, Max Mara, Ralph Lauren Trussardi, Valentino, Yves Saint Laurent and many more
- Walked for almost every big fashion house such as Chanel, Givenchy, Christian Dior, Versace, Yves Saint Laurent, Valentino, Gucci, Dolce & Gabbana, Giorgio Armani, Calvin Klein, Donna Karan, Ralph Lauren, Pierre Balmain, Balenciaga, Claude Montana, Christian Lacroix, Hermes, Prada, Thierry Mugler, Michael Kors, Isaac Mizrahi, John Galliano, Bill Blass, Oscar de La Renta, Paco Rabanne, Vivienne Westwood - the list is almost endless.
- Worked with Peter Lindbergh, Patrick Demarchelier, Bruce Weber, Helmut Newton, Max Vadukul, Gilles Bensimon, Fabrizio Ferri, Steven Meisel, Irving Penn, Robert Erdmann, and Arthur Elgort to name a few
- Was an original Victoria's Secret Angel
- Was a GUESS? girl
- Appeared in "Sports Illustrated" and "Playboy"
- Had a Barbie-like doll made after her by toy company "Hasbro"
I doubt we'll ever see her again, but miracles can happen, just look at Linda's comeback! I just hope she is finally having a happy good life x

Most famous? Cindy in USA, maybe Claudia or Kate in Europe. I really feel like Cindy was a big cultural touchstone for Americans, maybe the only model a lot of people even knew by name. Her on Playboy, her going from high fashion to commercial so easily, being considered 'hot' by men and also shilling beauty products to women. & now-- her daughter...

Most successful? I would say Naomi even now works the most or Kate because she out of this group would still be the biggest 'get' for any brand.

Linda is the best model, she transformed so much she loved fashion you could always tell. She was the designer's, photographer's and fashion lover's model.

Christy might be the most beautiful imo, a timeless elegance.

Naomi the best runway model and definitely had the best body and walk.

Somehow Claudia & Stephanie Seymour slip through the cracks, they were maybe the 'sexiest'?

My personal favorite is Kate, because she's cool, she evokes something with just her name. She has the best personal style out of this lot by miles, and has inspired the most editors etc as well. There's a 'Kate' look, she's an enduring style icon in a way none of the others are. There is a 'kate' kind of hair, or makeup, a way to dress that's kate esque, etc.

Last edited:
They all had different niches.

The sex symbols loved by men,women,teens in random Kansas cities and beyond: Cindy,Claudia,Stephanie,Helena (they were the “video vixens” during the MTV CRAZE. And men loved their bodies thanks to them doing non fashion related stuff like playboy,Victoria’s Secret, sports illustrated. They reached non fashion crowds.

The fashion it girls more of muses to the fashion crowd/the NY scene and as they say “the girls and the gays” & industry favorites. Linda/Christy/Naomi/Kate.

Something I noticed is there are models who seem to be more “fan” faves but not necessarily fashion faves and vice versa.

The supermodels were BOTH for the most part.

Cindy is most impressive to me because while maintaining a very big modeling career she was first model to also do tv hosting. (Now they all want that gig). First model to create herself as a brand with workout videos,books,calendars etc. She is the blueprint of “supermodel”.

Last edited:
Yes models such as Elle,Paulina also fit into the criteria. Christie Brinkley was huge in America. My old father who couldn’t name one model knows who Christie Brinkley is. This “2nd tier” of models often get overlooked because they didn’t do Prada or were part of the 90s supermodel era. Runway modeling wasn’t so big or important during their time. They still were fashion girls in their days editorially and they got the big contracts. Especially Paulina and Christie. 70s/80s models were the video vixen/poster girl era of models.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CupcakesTulip
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->