The Next Big Thing

Boudoir Belle

Reaction score
:heart: if you think of dior, your mind automatically flashes an image of a saddle bag -- think fendi? it's a baguette -- think hermes? it's the birkin bag.

I'm starting to have enough of seeing the saddle bag everywhere & on everyone, truthfully it's one of my favorite shapes for a handbag, very practical, very stylish, especially the limited edition ones -- but i guess it's time to move one to something new.

fendi's baguettes Zucca FF's with the FF buckle are being put off & replaced by the labor-intensive ones, the beads, the embroideries & all things nice, but Fendi has just launched their new design, the next baguette revolution is the Biga Bag, i'm luving the shape, & they're available in 3 different sizes -- the large, which i think it LARGE, & the medium.. the size for everyday use, & the small.. more like an evening bag size -- i'm totally inti the biga bag right now, it comes in the Zucca FF in 2 different colors, leopard print pony hair, & python skin PRETTY :woot: :heart: :woot:

YSL's mombasa is back again this season as well -- with different fabrics & styles.

which ones do you think are this season's "it" bags?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
edit: attached image of Fendi's Biga bag
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Though I'm not a fan of Fendi, I think the Biga bag with Swarovski crystals, the one Sarah Jessica Parker carried to the Narciso Rodriguez Spring '03 was nice, but still too much for me. I'm not a fan of trendy accesorie labels such as Dolce & Gabana and Fendi, because what they do is either way too much or done in disgusting logos. That's why I'm sticking to John Galliano (not Dior), Chloe and Marni for bags. Hermes, too.

For Fall I think the 'it' bag is the new LV Suhali bag. Though I find no beauty in it, we have to face that almost all Fashion Editors are falling for it. For me, my 'it' bags are John Galliano's pink double-ribbon bag and Marni's glam clutches. :wink:

I know the IT bag for me this fall is the new Balenciaga bag.

Chloe is another brand that kicked the top with the beaded Demi-Lune bag, i haven't seen many people carry it around, & no knockoffs that's for sure. i got myself the silver one, it's soooo :heart: pretty :heart: & different, i still have people stop me to ask "what brand is your bag?"

Astrid

Where did you find that Balenciaga image? Is it available online?

Thanks! :flower:

(nevermind, I found it at Aloha Rag)

i think ACID will agree with me on this one....
i am a firm believer that the JIMMY CHOO BAG is gonna be the bag this season > no doubt for me :heart:

pink Prada croc

F4L4238_mn.jpg

I'm putting my money (quite literally) on the Prada grained leather bowler with printed umbrella attached. :heart: Hopefully I will have a piece of the action shortly!

Originally posted by leyla m.@Aug 29th, 2003 - 5:09 pm
i think ACID will agree with me on this one....
i am a firm believer that the JIMMY CHOO BAG is gonna be the bag this season > no doubt for me :heart:
i :heart: that bag too

Originally posted by chickonspeed@Aug 29th, 2003 - 6:32 pm
I'm putting my money (quite literally) on the Prada grained leather bowler with printed umbrella attached. :heart: Hopefully I will have a piece of the action shortly!
:wink: I sounds great!

I prefer a bowler personaly, but the pink bag seems to be getinga lot of attention

here's the one i like. dont know if Leyla was referring to the same one

I'm totally going for the green Prada berlino in real croc with the tweed handle, I already ordered it. I know this will cost me a fortune :wacko: but I think it's worth it and will be a nice change for my future red croco kelly (just a little dreaming doesn't do any harm, doesn't it :rolleyes: ). It's this style of bag:
F4L4237_mh.jpg

I also like the parachute Balenciaga and the Jimmy choo one ( :heart: the croc)

real croc :shock: :woot:

how long will it take before you get it? will u try to post a photo here, pweez? :blush:

Originally posted by Voodoo Doll@Sep 2nd, 2003 - 5:39 am
real croc :shock: :woot:

how long will it take before you get it? will u try to post a photo here, pweez? :blush:
I will get it on the end of this month...so that's still a long time waiting :doh:
I'll try to post a pic then!

Originally posted by ignitioned32@Aug 29th, 2003 - 4:24 am
post-15-1062149059.jpg
That pink bag is so gorgeous...I don't think I've seen something like that before...I also LOVE that pink prada croc. bag!

Originally posted by ignitioned32@Sep 3rd, 2003 - 4:58 am
The Christian Louboutin bag debut for Fall are supremely exquisite, too. :wub:
i haven't seen that one, any photos to post?

i'm not a bag girl, but here is a precious piece of info on THE first row must-bag at recent London Fashion Week

Why was Mulberry's Bayswater bag a front-row fixture at London Fashion Week? The slouchy tan leather bag - which is part of the brand's revamped accessories range - was spotted on the arms of fashion editors throughout the shows. And, for once, no one seemed bothered about being seen with the same accessory as all their peers.

if you find a picture please post, I really want to see what it looks like, its a real MUST :wink:

The new Mulberry bag is :heart:, anddd very practical I think...can't find a pic but it's in their fall ad campaigns!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noircheese
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->