Baguettes are back

softgrey

flaunt the imperfection
Reaction score
The Fendi Baguette is Baaaaccck

baguette.jpg

How appropriate is this: just as SJP is traipsing around Manhattan filming the "Sex and the City" movie, the handbag that was her faithful SATC sidekick, the Fendi Baguette, is getting another spin today on the runway.

The bag was first launched in 1997, so for its ten-year anniversary, it's getting a makeover! For Spring, Fendi redesigned the bag in four sizes, from small to extra large - many feature a detachable strap that turns them into clutches, or for the larger versions, they can be transformed into messenger bags.

The bags are made in all different kinds of materials, from python to plasticized leathers, and many come lavishly embellished, too. Sounds like one of the original "It" bags may be "It" all over again...

fabsugar.com

Last edited by a moderator:
more from fabsugar.com...
they are certainly trying to promote this re-launch...if you can call it that...
re-issue maybe?...update of a classic...
whatever...
:P
On Our Radar: Celebrities Customize Fendi Baguette

Fri, 04/04/2008 - 2:00am by FabSugar

FE_11776824_canvas_h_pu.jpg

I already ordained it Simply Fab, but I think the Fendi Paint-Your-Own Baguette Tote may have just gotten Fabber.
In celebration of the Fendi Baguette's 10th Anniversary, the Italian fashion house asked big names like Scarlett Johansson, Kim Cattrall, Marchesa designers Georgina Chapman and Keren Craig, and Project Runway Season 4 contestant Chris March to each customize their own Fendi Baguette.
The products — Marchesa's has black and white hand-embroidered feathers on it — will be sold for $2,500 each on eLuxury.com starting April 17, and the proceeds will be donated to the designer's selected charities.

I miss the Baguettes, they were the only "it bag" that came in a million different varieties.

Better tell my mother it's time to start using hers more.

haha that is so funny because the style they re-issued is pretty much the exact style I bought like 4 years ago and just a month or so ago I felt with the re-issue the trend was coming back again so I brought it out of hibernation. I think you may even find a thread around here from a much younger me entitled something like "My first REAL designer bag!" with pics :rofl:

That said, I'm still kind of hesitant to use it. Something about it makes me think of tiny little Louis Vuitton purses that college girls buy. I know I shouldn't not wear something because others may associate it with a look I'm not fond of but I can't help it :P I feel like if the outfit is 'modern' enough (ie not juicy trackpants and top) that it'll be fine but....I haven't quite worked the logistics out yet

The Fendi baugettes are much too elegantly nondescript to be worn by
the new-school of 'it bag' girls, imo...
So you have no worries, Meg... :heart:

^ If it is the cleaner, sleeker style, of course...!
Not those heavily embellished monsters...

For Spring, Fendi redesigned the bag in four sizes, from small to extra large - many feature a detachable strap that turns them into clutches, or for the larger versions, they can be transformed into messenger bags.

it's the larger bags with thte convertible straps that can be removed entirely to become CLUTCHES that interest me here...

:wink:

the large size that has buckles that turn twist off...
that is a genius thing...

so all you need is one bag for everything..
a shoulder bag...messenger bag....and clutch...

in an atmosphere where people are looking to save money...
a bag that can multi-task that way is pretty genius in my book...

you know i was just wondering about this. i have a Prada somewhat-baguette-ish purse. covered in studs. i just pulled it out again, thinking it looks wearable.

but 10 year anniversary... that's a bit scary.

I have a medium size black baguetteand I was tempted to start using it again after I saw Ashley Olsen wearing hers and looking really cool. I'm just worried about the same thing that Meg is worried about.

you know i think that bascially they are tiny and handy. you can tuck them under your arm, have all your things, and not worry about it AND not worry about getting tendinitis or hurting your back.

Something about it makes me think of tiny little Louis Vuitton purses that college girls buy. I know I shouldn't not wear something because others may associate it with a look I'm not fond of but I can't help it :P I feel like if the outfit is 'modern' enough (ie not juicy trackpants and top) that it'll be fine but....I haven't quite worked the logistics out yet

That's what I don't like about this bag, or any similar bag
I'd rather wear a bag with a long strap if it's going to be that size

i think that the tiny ones are a little silly looking...
but the NEW ones come in BIGGER SIZES...AND WITH LONGER STRAPS!!!...

OR...you can REMOVE the strap and make it a clutch...

i always wore my fendi tucked under my arm like a clutch anyway...

when i see this bag or any bags that look like this, it just reminds me of mall girls in tank tops and ugly mini skirts
i cant stand these kind of purses

I only own one small purse like this, but I think it's okay, because at least it looks more kind of sporty.
But usually I can't stand these tiny things, sort-of-dangling-around in your armpit. Awful, I wouldn't be able to concentrate with such a thing. *lol*

isn't the fendi bag posted in the oversize cluthes thread a baguette?
is that the bigger one you're talking about?
if it is then it's goooorgeous

when i see this bag or any bags that look like this, it just reminds me of mall girls in tank tops and ugly mini skirts
i cant stand these kind of purses

:rofl: Can't help but agree!

^ same here. they're just not for me. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->