Baguettes are back

Jeff Koons and Tom Sachs have also painted the bags. TS made it black I think.

I got rid of any "baguettes" I owned a few years ago, and don't miss them!

Like I said in my previous post, I think one can avoid that trappings of looking like a 'mall girl' by wearing with a modern outfit. For me, high waisted wide leg jeans and a black blazer. It'd be fresher to wear that with a smaller bag than my traditional big ones. The new ones are nice that they are convertible but I don't know that i'd spend money on them. I might try tucking my strap in and just use it as a clutch....

I didn't like the Fendi Baguette the 1st time around,and still don't. I never understood the buzz about it.

definitely not for me either..although the oversized ones sound interesting..
edit: just found these pics...'updated' baguettes...

indyblogs

Last edited by a moderator:
oversized clutches more than baguettes if u ask me

^ yep....i guess that was the point though....softgrey's initial post mentioned detachable straps that turned them into clutches, so i'm assuming that's what has happened with the above ones that i posted...
...i'm still not a fan, though. :P

hmmm...interesting...the blog i found the pics at said they were the updated baguettes...
whatever...i dont even like these bags, why am i posting...:ninja: :lol:

^to confuse me!! :rofl:
i like the Fendi's (from the oversized clutch thread) whatever they are now, i like them but not the other ones posted here

you and me both!. :lol: okay...i revisited the blog...those 'oversized clutches' are definitely the new baguette...:wink:

Granddaughter of the founders Adele and Edoardo Fendi (who set up shop in Rome in 1925), accessory designer Silvia is responsible for that ultimate it-bag, the Baguette. It launched in '97 and was the first of the 'must-have' bags. I went backstage to talk to Silvia about the special redesign she's done for its 10th anniversary.
The Baguette, redux, is giant sized for next spring. Silvia picked this one as her favourite. It was appliqued with tiny slithers of leather.
Elena from Fendi's Paris press office demonstrates how one carries the big Baguette. The original was supposed to be squished under one's armpit like the loaf. This one is a bit more hefty but at least you can fit more bread in it.
http://blogs.independent.co.uk/independent/2007/09/backstage-at--1.html

that is the EXTRA LARGE baguette...yes...:P
that's a bit too big for real life in my opinion...
and the small is too small..

it's all about the medium or the large as far as i am concerned...
:D

Interesting. My aunt gave me an orange baguette a few years back for my birthday, and I gave it to my sister because I thought it was hideous. *shrug* I still wouldn't want it back.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Riska21
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->