The September Issue : A Vogue / Anna Wintour Documentary

I WISH Grace could be editor in chief! But she's what,almost in her 70s now and Anna I'm sure wants someone to inherit her reign of celebrity covers and continue it. I really love Grace,and Raquel is so sweet too.Mario seems like a flashing light,all talk and swish but not much to him.

i just finished renting/watching it...i was kind of disappointed. i thought they would show more fashion shows, more interviews, etc...
half the film was anna walking in and out of the room with all the magnets on it
and i honestly think grace coddington should just take over; everything she says is so true, especially about the edits being "pin-sharp" nowadays and the ridiculous celebrity hype

did you watch the extra stuffs? i saw the dvd today, wanted to buy it but wasnt sure if the extra stuffs worth it.

saw the movie when it came out and grace was the one who impressed me the most. hope she's not retiring soon

I loved it when Hamish helped Anna w/her coat :wub:

I loved that part too! But what I enjoyed observing even more was after he helped her w/ her coat, how he became almost skiddish around her, trying to clear the way for her, and yet, she just plows on through...

little (funny) thing i noted in the movie:
there are wo different ways to pronounce anna: anna herself and the older editors like grace, tonne say "anna" with an "a" like in "bar" for example, and many other people prounce the "a" like in "apple".
might have sth to do with british/american. but i always thought she is the "apple"-anna!
^_^

I've bought a DVD in October but watched it just 2 days ago. The movie is really inspiring.

Btw, it looks like an American (or ever worldwide) fashion machine is driven by British. I mean Anna and Grace, of course. :wink:

I love the movie, i've been watching it for 3 or 4 times, and from what i see, i think Anna is a bit warm and funny woman..

I saw this movie a while ago and I have to say - as much as I admire Anna's work,after seeing the movie I have to admit that she is very subjective and I like the way Grace works way more,cos' she is more open-minded.I understand thet the name "Vogue" brings expectations with it and Anna has to keep Vogue as prestige as it is,but being a bit more open-minded would not hurt that much,but that's just my toughts after seeing the movie :smile:

this might be a long shot but does anyone remember the name of the model who is also at Jean Paul Gaultier's office in Paris,besides Coco? :flower:

Milagros Schmoll from argentina.

does anyone know if the dvd with the met gala special is still available? i couldn't find it on the b&n site....

does anyone have the link to the DELETED 60mins of this movie?

^ yep the extra DVD with deleted scenes! is there any place I can download it from?

actually is like 90 mins of deleted scenes, classified by anna wintour, grace coddington, andre leon talley and thakoon

Here's a list of the deleted scenes...

Anna Wintour
Season's Trends Discussion
Anna & Bee Visit Designer Karl Lagerfeld at Chanel Atelier in Paris
Anna & Bee Visit Designer Olivier Theyskens at Nina Ricci Atelier in Paris
Anna & the Vogue Editors Visit Balenciaga Preview in Paris
Anna & André Attend Chloé Show in Paris
Anna & André Attend Nina Ricci Show in Paris
Anna Backstage at Thakoon Show - NYC
Upcoming Political Coverage Discussion
Preparation for the Michelle Obama Photo Shoot
What Will Michelle Obama Wear?
L'Oréal Meeting
John Galliano Preview of His Dior Resort Collection in NYC
Thakoon Preview of His Resort Collection in NYC
September Issue Coverlines Discussion
Anna and Team Discuss the Venue for an Upcoming Party
Anna Speaks at Memorial Service for Isabella Blow

Grace Coddington
At Home in the Country
Discusses Drawings at Versace Showroom in Paris
Complete Couture Shoot in Paris
How Does This Shirt Work?
Planning Accessories' Shoot

André Leon Talley
Previews Vera Wang's Collection in NYC
Visits Karl Lagerfeld in Paris
Delivers Commencement Speech in NYC
Visits Vintage Jeweler Fred Leighton in NYC
Lunch in Car!

Thakoon
Trunk Show at Bergdorf Goodman - NYC
Visit to Vogue
Sees His Work in Vogue

Sienna Miller, Complete Cover Shoot

Woah that does sound amazing, and like a lot of unused material, thanks for the info MMA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yohjiyamamotor
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->