Interview September 2014 : The Photographers Issue

Daria's story is everything, I fell in love with it instantly.:wub:

The 16th picture would have also made an unbelievable cover, although most of her pics would have. While the real cover is not my favorite shot, there is something so real about her (probably because there was no or very little photoshop involved). And she still has an amazing body.

Jansson's editorial is probably my favourite. Every single picture is perfection.

Definitely Mikael Jansson and Daria for the Win. All. The. Way. She is giving me severe shades of Katharine Hepburn, which is only ever a good thing.

For such an Amazing cover, Keira/Demarchelier's edit is a total snooze.
McDean/Valletta, Lindbergh/Seydoux both ok but above average blah.
WTF with Kidman/Klein?! Gross. And I usually like when Klein toes the line properly.
And if Mert and Marcus stepped farr back from Photoshop for a second and let reality breath abit more in their pics, I think Naomi's pics could have been more stellar, plus I actually preferred them with the insta-bling lol

I will definitely get this issue just for Mikael and Daria's ed! Breathtaking! :shock::heart:

guys, is there anything additional to what we already had seen? i mean any fashion feature?

Everything looks gorgeous with the exception of the Klein/Kidman ed. It's disgusting. Regardless of the intended reference or whether or not the sexual assault theme was intentional, it's utterly tasteless. This is a fashion magazine whose primary--if not only--aim is to showcase/sell clothes. To use anything related to sexual violence in such a context does indeed put forth the attitude that r*pe is "fashionable."

This is an industry that panders mainly to an audience of women. Yet it always produces images that say that it's "sexy" and "glamorous" for a woman to be in a submissive position while a man has his way with her. Maybe it's time for these magazines, brands, etc. to stop hiding under the lazy excuse of "oh it's art" and take some of the responsibility to move forward.

Everything looks gorgeous with the exception of the Klein/Kidman ed. It's disgusting. Regardless of the intended reference or whether or not the sexual assault theme was intentional, it's utterly tasteless. This is a fashion magazine whose primary--if not only--aim is to showcase/sell clothes. To use anything related to sexual violence in such a context does indeed put forth the attitude that r*pe is "fashionable."

This is an industry that panders mainly to an audience of women. Yet it always produces images that say that it's "sexy" and "glamorous" for a woman to be in a submissive position while a man has his way with her. Maybe it's time for these magazines, brands, etc. to stop hiding under the lazy excuse of "oh it's art" and take some of the responsibility to move forward.

I agree wholeheartedly.

daria's ed is just too beautiful for words. best ed of the year by far!!!the emotion from that ed is just unreal.

The actual interviews are quite interesting. Especially Daria & Jansson's. Nicole & Klein's captivate only because she reveals so much about her current self which is rare for her, very little about Klein actually comes though that interview.

While I clearly understand your pov and can certainly spot the 'offensive' segments throughout, I still think that the Klein/Kidman spread serves more as a noir-ish storytelling effort than anything else. I can hardly spot any 'fashion' in that story. Furthermore I don't think Interview is primarily regarded as a fashion magazine hawking goods, its more of a niche lifestyle and art publication servicing a progressive-thinking demographic, no? That sort of grants it more 'artistic freedom' than a mainstream publication, I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
Daria's editorial is like a modern day Ingmar Bergmann piece (very Summer with Monika or Summer Interlude), puts the rest of these editorials to shame!

HQ Editorial

The Photographers' Portfolio
Model
: Keira Knightley
Photographer: Patrick Demarchelier
Stylist: Elin Svahn
Hair: Martin Cullen
Make-Up: Petros Petrohilos

lookbooks

Last edited by a moderator:
HQ Editorial

Model: Daria Werbowy
Photographer: Mikael Jansson
Stylist: Karl Templer
Hair: Anthony Turner
Make-Up: Mark Carrasquillo

lookbooks

HQ Editorial

Model
: Nicole Kidman
Photographer: Steven Klein
Hair: Garren
Make-Up: Diane Kendal

lookbooks

HQ Editorial

Model: Léa Seydoux
Photographer: Peter Lindbergh
Stylist: Ludivine Poiblanc
Hair: Odile Gilbert
Make-Up: Aude Gill

lookbooks

HQ Editorial

Model: Amber Valletta
Photographer: Craig McDean
Hair: Eugene Souleiman
Make-Up: Diane Kendal

lookbooks

Is this supposed to be in stores already? (I don't want to miss it like last year's issue)

It seems there's more content...I've seen snaps of a McDean/Templer ed kicking around Instagram :innocent:.

^ Craig McDean/Karl Templer/Julia Nobis

207xmrt.jpg

instagram-priscillasmodels

^Thanks a lot! Lexi Boling is also in that ed.

instagram/yougotnothingonmymum

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigsadrn
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->