Vogue Paris September 2012 : Kate Moss, Daria Werbowy and Lara Stone by Mert & Marcus

Anna's Bijoux shots are gorgoeus and Magda looks fantastic in Rue du Faubourg.

Thanks a lot for the snaps Thefrenchy!

strongest editorials in Vogue Paris, for a long time ...
that shot of the CDG outfits is AMAZING !

regarding the Parisian girl wearing French labels, and being French and all that in-circle debate ... from what I've learned in NYC ... only parisian and French girls are really parisian-effortless-chic styled ... anyone trying to be remains someone trying to be. from what i've heard we had this something that nobody can ever be close to ... seriously i dont know what this is, but ... that's what i've heard and been told. anyone in NYC can spot the difference btw a French girl and a NYC-er trying to look like one Parisian ... that's crazy, but always nailed!
it seems we (I include myself in the parisian girl. ahahah. though im a parisian boy, borned and raised in Paris by Parisians-borned mother, aunts and grandmother, though I moved) dont act this way, we just are this way...

anyway GREAT issue, that I'm definitely buying ... in double, probably ... one in NYC, one in Paris ...

A surprise to me.
I do like the Eds and plus I am glad to see Valade....
I am just waiting for her to get a VP cover now.

I wonder if they deliberately attempted to go back to Raf's beginnings by carefully selecting the pieces that represent his personal aesthetic more (what he was associated with before taking over at Jil Sander) instead of going for those that celebrated Dior's legacy (the embellished gowns, etc). Cause his collection was like a marriage of these two visions. It seems editors (US Vogue, Vanity Fair and Vogue Paris so far) are finding it hard to present both aesthetics with the same ease and balance seen at the show..

One of the four dresses they selected is pretty much a direct copy of a gown from the Dior archives, so this interpretation doesn't seem to hold water with me. There isn't nearly as clear a line between Dior and Raf as you suggest, and without that line the argument you're making doesn't make much sense.

-

I think the most interesting part about all of this is that the VP circulation numbers have gone up. I'm surprised more people aren't talking about it, except that I guess since most people here seem disappointed with Alt's VP, it's somewhat antithetical to acknowledge its commercial success. Kudos, Alt.

Anyone knows the new font? :lol:

Actually I find the new magazine theme very refreshing and young.

ok ...

Daria looks otherworldly hot. her body is insane. her FACE is unbelievable. she is supermodel extraordinaire. amazing editorial.

Kate is refreshing. so often she gets styled in the same old "rock chic" style because photographers are enamoured with her persona .. but some of these photos harken back to an earlier time in her career and she just looks incredible.

Toni Garrn in the beauty editorial couldn't be a better choice. i find her so impossibly beautiful it's almost hard to process. i mean, her face is literally perfection.

I think the most interesting part about all of this is that the VP circulation numbers have gone up. I'm surprised more people aren't talking about it, except that I guess since most people here seem disappointed with Alt's VP, it's somewhat antithetical to acknowledge its commercial success. Kudos, Alt.

Maybe because a lot of people here are genuinely tired with magazines that are commercially successful/sustainable but totally lack of the creativity that appeals to a passionate eye. I might be rude when I say that, but I prefer to see my favorite magazines die than to have to witness their downfall to mainstream boredom.

This being said, the contents aren't the disaster I expected when I first saw the covers. Too much Mert & Marcus and their saturated, overretouched style for my taste but not that bad as a whole. Kate's story is good, Valade's alright even if I've seen much better from her, Daria really owns her editorial and delievered a true performance and the rest isn't awful either. At worst, some parts were totally forgettable. That's not the end of the world but not really a good sign.

Woa what do we have here. Mert and Marcus for all 4 main editorials? That's slightly too much in my opinion... Daria's ed is a knock-off of Helmut Newton for the gazillionth time but she's looking phenomenal so forgiven! Don't really get why Lara got a cover if there's no ed... Ecstatic about Kate's ed, it's flawless. And, forgive my ignorance, but who is Katy England and how did she land this ed?! Overall, it's better than previous issues under Alt.

Black Magic
Photographer: Giampaolo Sgura
Model: ?
Styling: Géraldine Saglio
Hair: James Rowe
Make-Up: Christelle Cocquet
Nails: Anny Errandonea

zinio

The model is Milou Van Groesen :flower:

when is this out in france? do you think i will be able to buy the august issue before friday??

It's really good. Emmanuelle lets more her fashion editors do the eds and Claire Dhelens comes back and there is Azza Yousif who is talented. I'm surprised about this issue in a good way :-)

loving Aymeline and Kate Moss in Le Noir:heart::woot: and even though i think Saskia is a great print model she just seems unnecessary in both parts, imo it's all about the other two models!

oddly i liked Suvi's pics much more in those small previews, somehow when i saw them bigger they just left me cold :mellow:
Daria's are pretty great, nice work by Mert & Marcus overall..

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alintus
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->