Vogue Paris to Become Vogue France

vogue28

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
Thought this topic deserved its own thread. The rumors are true, Vogue Paris is to be renamed Vogue France... with the unveiling of the November issue, the first under Eugenie Trochu which is set for release on November 4th:

Lol. No more la Parisienne! They better include la Cagole…
Joan Juliet Buck’s Vogue was very « French » rather than Parisian. I feel like the cliche of La Parisienne has contributed to the decline of the influence of VP.

I’m curious as much as I’m perplexed. Waiting for the 1st issue.

But why? Does the rest of France feel disenfranchised? Lol

Truly the end of an era. I’ll cherish the Vogue Paris issues I’ve collected over the years more than ever now (and feverishly hunt down + buy up the 100th anniversary issue).

Best of luck to them for the future of the magazine, but wow what a sad end to an iconic publication.

Again, decades too late.

Vogue Paris has promoted inaccessibility and has placed the Parisian lifestyle, glamour, and luxury at the forefront of French fashion for DECADES. Now they wanna tell us they're shifting to this? Inclusivity and representation? What a joke.

With due respect, true representation will never be achieved by changing "Paris" to "France" so long as each and every woman (regardless of shape, age, race +++) is not represented in its pages.

This is just a step towards regionalization. Mark my words, in years' time we'll see "Vogue France to be part of Vogue Europe"

At best, they're just separating the legacy of Vogue Paris from whatever storm is about to come with this globalization gig.

Logistically, I know it makes sense, but God... I hate it.

yeah everyone’s first stop in France is always either Paris, or Lille. :lol:

This magazine is gone.. just like Japanese Vogue positively died when it went from Vogue Nippon to Vogue Japan, becoming some magazine equivalent of an outlet mall. They could rename it Vogue Metz and it would still not matter.. all watered-down generic trash that won’t even survive to 2032 before it goes fully digital.

Soon this will become indistinguishable from US Vogue/UK Vogue.

VP IMO always had some incredible women of color (well, black women, to be specific) - Liya, Iman, Adut, Rihanna etc, while still having cachet and not making it look like tokenism. I hope the new Vogue France stays true to that aesthetic, without going fully "woke" a la Vogue US, where celebrities and influencers now rule the roost.

Sacrebleu! End of an era of this edition of Vogue & i'm affraid than Vogue France will become.

RIP Paris. You'll be missed!

me-looking-for-who-tf-asked-looking-around.gif

tenor

Nah, they are too lazy. They'll try to go French for a couple of issues, then they'll pretend every French woman is la parisienne at heart and continue to build on Carine's legacy. The diversity/inclusivity discourse is purely cosmetic. At this point, they should name it Vogue Roitfeld and be done with this nonsense.

If the above "freedom manifesto" is indicative of the magazine's future, a name change might be for the best because at least the Vogue Paris name will be forever associated with what has gone before which the fashion community was passionate about.

Enfin!
As a French (and not a parisian), I'm very happy with this change. Paris is not France! I think it's the perfect timing with the arrival of a new EIC. It was now or never. I'm all for embracing our country as a whole rather than limiting the magazine to the capital. The text in the caption got me feeling quite emotional to be honest and in my opinion, it describes beautifully the country we live in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vn varenne
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->