Vogue Paris to Become Vogue France

Enfin!
As a French (and not a parisian), I'm very happy with this change. Paris is not France! I think it's the perfect timing with the arrival of a new EIC. It was now or never. I'm all for embracing our country as a whole rather than limiting the magazine to the capital. The text in the caption got me feeling quite emotional to be honest and in my opinion, it describes beautifully the country we live in.

Head of editorial content.
Edward is the one with the final word.:wink:

Meh. We knew it was going to happen...i think it's ok for them to mark a distance from VP so let's them show us what's the best they can do. At least we can have always Vogue Paris at heart.

Expecting on the new issue. It's the beginning of an era, not sure it's gonna be an exciting one.

I saw the comments on ig...A lot of a** kissers...and i saw Cindy Bruna a lot on Eugenie stories,so maybe we are gonna expect a cover soon with her...

So what will happen to Vogue Taiwan and Vogue Hong Kong then.....I mean China is very sensitive to these kind issue, with all the vogue titles named after countries, Taiwan and Hong Kong are sooner or later to be addressed on the table and the controversy will mostly like to be lit up on Chinese social media.

So what will happen to Vogue Taiwan and Vogue Hong Kong then.....I mean China is very sensitive to these kind issue, with all the vogue titles named after countries, Taiwan and Hong Kong are sooner or later to be addressed on the table and the controversy will mostly like to be lit up on Chinese social media.

These two editions have their own publishers so they are safe at least for now. And Leslie managed to show Anna her relevance to a point where she was even appointed as head of the Asian editions sans China.

VP (now VF) and VI starting over at the same time. I still have expectations for Vogue Italia, it only has one issue under the new editor (or whatever), and Vogue France, what a mistery. It will be hard to fill Carine/Alt shoes as we've seen with Franca.

I'm somewhat okay with this, if they want to represent the entire country that seems okay at face value. I desperately hope that it keeps a little of that Vogue Paris quality while representing France. Vogue Paris under Alt did indeed have a lot of diversity issues, I would have just preferred Vogue Paris with a more diverse casting. I'm really afraid that otherwise they are going to turn it into something completely different though and be another Vogue US or British Vogue, or they try to copy the far stronger brands in France such as Elle. At least if Vogue France ends up not being good, Vogue Paris will always be Vogue Paris.

If this is in keeping with every other recent pronouncement by Conde Nast, this gesture of renaming the title is supposed to convince everyone that something wonderful is happening, but the magazine will likely be even less about France then it ever was. Because it's global.

If this is in keeping with every other recent pronouncement by Conde Nast, this gesture of renaming the title is supposed to convince everyone that something wonderful is happening, but the magazine will likely be even less about France then it ever was. Because it's global.
Thats what I hate about this. Its not going to be about France at all.

this may off the topic bit, but i don't know where to post.....

So this iconic pic of all the vogue EICs, anyone can tell me who is still here besides Anna?

VOGUE-EDITORS-JAPAN.jpg
huffpost.com

^ None, I think
Seriously? woooo, Anna looked like an eagle among chickens in pic.....I mean all the other EIC were boss women in their own kingdom but they looked like students on school tour in front of Anna, except Franca

I spot Eva Hughes. This must be ten years ago.

Was taking that Carine post seriously until the last image. Changing the narrative I see.

Anyway, a bit off topic, but is CN and CR in good terms now? Seems like Edward commented on CR’s post. Unless he didn’t get the memo.

Was taking that Carine post seriously until the last image. Changing the narrative I see.

Anyway, a bit off topic, but is CN and CR in good terms now? Seems like Edward commented on CR’s post. Unless he didn’t get the memo.

strange that they seems to be in good terms now the Alt is gone….weird…

Also the VP ig posted and editorial from Carine’s era mentioning and tagging her…

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
batman112
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->