Vogue France - The Cover Archive

vogue28

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
I refuse to place the covers of Vogue France alongside the greatness that was Vogue Paris, so thought I'd create a separate thread in anticipation of Vogue France's last cover of 2022 dropping over the coming weeks.

Previous thread: Vogue Paris - The Cover Archive

2021:

November: Aya Nakamura by Carlijn Jacobs
December/January: Isabelle Huppert by Paolo Roversi

VOGUE.FR

2022:

February: Mika Schneider, Lola Nicon and Malika Louback by Charlotte Wales
March: Laetitia Casta by Carlijn Jacobs
April: Akon Changkou by Anthony Seklaoui
May: Hailey Bieber by Karim Sadli
June/July: Raquel Zimmermann Théo de Gueltzl
August: Mona Tougaard and Ugbad Abdi by Luis Alberto Rodriguez
September: Kate Moss by Carlijn Jacobs
October: Lous and the Yaukza by Anthony Seklaoui
November: Grace Elizabeth by Angelo Pennetta
December/January: Lily Collins by Maciek Pozoga

VOGUE.FR AND MODELS.COM

Each cover is so different from one another, looks like a bunch of global editions. I think they should stick to glam - they're good at it. Aya's debut was a great start. Also like the Laetitia's which is more American than French in tone, Luis Alberto Rodriguez, and Raquel Zimmerman.

The worst covers are Grace by Angelo and Akon's cover which looks terribly cropped and everything else is just off.

Nothing in 2022 is coming close to the Aya Nakamura cover, they started strong and have been going downhill in skips and jumps ever since.

I'm looking at that Dec-Jan 2023 cover, with a 1993 Vogue Paris within hand's reach. I randomly open it... and see a shot of Nureyev's legs.

Seeing them all together like that really highlights the lack of cohesion/identity Vogue France has. That Kate Moss photo gets worse every time I see it.

It's soooooooo soo bad ahaha OMG what a big mess my gosh! They truly don't look good.
I only like Laeticia Casta's cover but it's because she's an icon in France and she's a top model therefore she makes sense, the others are truly bad.

God forgive me, but whoever was responsible for this tragedy of transforming Vogue Paris into Vogue France and creating these covers already has a place reserved in hell (along with the person who did the same with Vogue Italia)!

^Farneti, Verderi and Tronchu :evil:

Wow. It's like I'm looking at someone's Pinterest moodboard with how inconsistent those covers are. One month they're a Vogue España rip-off, the next month they're a clone to Vogue Italia.

Someone mentioned above that they peaked at Aya Nakamura's November 2021 issue, and they're right. This edition nosedived and never went back. Vogue Brasil's current set of covers look like Vogue France more than Vogue France itself, it's humiliating.

The year 2022 marked the year I stopped buying French Vogue. There was just no possible way I was endorsing them producing such an eyesore of a cover with Lily Collins. Enough was enough for me when I saw such a soulless issue on the newsstand. The absolute end of an era.

For me, the magazine's best cover throughout 2022 was Laetitia Casta by Carlijn Jacobs. I loved how patriotic it felt, how bold and graphic it was and how it still remained very... fashion. The strongest cover under Trochu, by a mile.

Not AT ALL excited to see what the magazine has for us in 2023...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rantanplan1980
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->