Vogue Paris to Become Vogue France

Enfin!
As a French (and not a parisian), I'm very happy with this change. Paris is not France! I think it's the perfect timing with the arrival of a new EIC. It was now or never. I'm all for embracing our country as a whole rather than limiting the magazine to the capital. The text in the caption got me feeling quite emotional to be honest and in my opinion, it describes beautifully the country we live in.

Thought as much!

I completely understand your sentiments. While I do understand the attachment some on here have to VP, the reality is that I'm sure you and others have been buying the magazine for years. So they should acknowledge all of France. Adding 'Paris' to anything ended up being a marketing angle in the end anyway.
I've seen boutiques and magazines snap up obscure labels only because they had the 'Paris' tag underneath their brand. It ended up quite gaudy. Now I actually wonder if France regulates who can use 'Paris' in their branding? I feel like it's something they would do, being oh so precious about preserving cheese and champagne yet Marant can steal prints off Mexican artisans without even getting a slap on the wrist.

The decision to go call it Vogue France signals a shift to inclusivity and that will actually expand beyond the new title.....

Oh please, Fiona Hayes is absurd and must get a new hobby.
British Vogue is not changing, it's enshrined in the identity of the magazine why should it? It's a marker that sets the magazine apart from the rest. Even people in Ireland use 'Vogue' or British Vogue' anecdotal or when referring to UK Vogue.

There's an article in the Daily Mail about Anna Wintour, which states:

The decision to 'rebrand' Vogue Paris – which will now come under the oversight of Enninful, recently promoted to 'European editorial director' – was condemned as an onslaught on French tradition and culture.
Wintour decreed the change to be effective immediately, starting with the November cover, which will feature rising black French starlet, Aya Nakamura.

Jesus... Game over man.

Aya Nakamura has been snubbed by French Press even though she has an immense success.

I have always hated how French publications support the same old boring actresses such as Jane Birkin, Charlotte Gainsbourg, Lou Doillon, Sophie Marceau whereas we have Aissa Maiga or Kadidja Touré for example.

What baffles me here with most of you is how VP/VF have a free pass regarding the criminal lack of diversity and support of French new talents.

If Rianne Van Rompaey can embody the Parisian girl so can Aya Nakamura. I really like VP but the one-dimension aspect of the VP woman is annoying and dated.

It seems people have no idea how French POC contribute much more to the Parisian idea and style that a lot of people adore.

In our days, this magazine really materializes what is so wrong in France and what we hate so much. Time for some changes.

What baffles me here with most of you is how VP/VF have a free pass regarding the criminal lack of diversity and support of French new talents.

I didn't. I called them out many times. I was never really a true fan of Emanuelle Alt's VP (you can mine my comments, you won't find overt praise!).
In fact, every single time we've had a top French model who booked jobs almost everywhere else except VP their absence was noted. Othilia Simon, Assa Baradji, Aya Jones. and more recently, Jade Nguyen.

What I found so shameful about Alt was that she didn't even bother to hide the fact that she simply didn't care about diversity. She thought nothing to give Rianne 3 covers and Erika Linder 2 covers in 2019. Dare I mention they were all OG covers!
We don't need these types of people in fashion anymore. Hence why 'good riddance!' was the first thought that came to mind when I first saw the headline on WWD.

Aya Nakamura has been snubbed by French Press even though she has an immense success.

I have always hated how French publications support the same old boring actresses such as Jane Birkin, Charlotte Gainsbourg, Lou Doillon, Sophie Marceau whereas we have Aissa Maiga or Kadidja Touré for example.

If Rianne Van Rompaey can embody the Parisian girl so can Aya Nakamura. I really like VP but the one-dimension aspect of the VP woman is annoying and dated.

It seems people have no idea how French POC contribute much more to the Parisian idea and style that a lot of people adore.

In our days, this magazine really materializes what is so wrong in France and what we hate so much. Time for some changes.
I think I can say for most people here we never gave a free pass in terms of lack of diversity and new talents. its the fact that the first cover for its rebrand is a celebrity and not a fashion model that is worrying as its been the trend with Vogue US and Vogue UK. Vogue Paris was so great in that fashion models graced its covers.

Why Aymeline Valade is always missed in friench models lists? She was huge and everywhere exept VP. They booked her just for couple eds

What's wrong with Aya being on the cover? She might look chic. However, I'm pretty sure it'll be a pedestrian disaster like "the new VI" debut.

I imagine most people welcome the idea of new faces on the front of this magazine - the cynicism lies in what will happen with the rest of the contents?

Will there be a more diverse range of French people appearing on the front - but the rest of the issue full of the same global reprints as seen in every other edition?

The outer shell of this magazine might become more varied, but the actual contents more bland and repetitive than ever before.

I'm anxiously looking forward to what she has in store for us. Aya Nakamura styled by Gabriella Karefa Johnson and photographed by Carlijn Jacobs reads unpredictable and I like that. On the surface, the inclusivity of it all sends a clear message what the magazine will be about. But I'm also looking forward to what visual tone the magazine will now take. And if French Vogue's editorial features will become as interesting and sought after as M Le Monde.

Anna controling all the Vogues, what a nightmare. Now celebs from France and Italy (and worldwide) will appear on every (or most) of the covers of these Vogues as USA and UK. Models only for editorials, that's Wintour's vision.
When Anna decides to leave will Vogue get any better? Her successor seems to be Edward and he's the same as Anna.

Aya would be great for the december/january issue (always with the hottest celeb), but would have been great a group of french mondels on the cover of the first issue. Seriously, if Vogue Italia put Chiara on their first cover and Aya will be the first for France, this is telling me that both editions are following American Vogue and British Vogue steps. Anna doesn't like models (only if they are "instagirls" or very popular among Gen Z), because they don't sell, and she only cares business, not fashion (as Alaia said). Now that she has the control, well, I'm afraid that we won't see models on the covers every time. But I agree that Alt biggest mistake was the lack of diversity and using the same girls for her covers all the time.

For me VF using Aya is the same when Alt used Valentina Sampaio, it was gimmick, marketing, a trick...at least Alt did it on her own terms with Mert and Marcus and . Now they choose a racially mixed singer bc they need to prove they are changing, but in the end is the same people at heart. of course i think she deserve a cover but for me give me mixed feelings.

I just hope they give her a very good treatment and not just a mediocre editorial to please the crowd.

i'm sure tomorrow we will have news..

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bastianvek
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->