Vogue Paris September 2012 : Kate Moss, Daria Werbowy and Lara Stone by Mert & Marcus

Editorial / Story Isabelle Huppert:

Le Fracas D'Isabelle
Photographer: Inez & Vinoodh
Styling: Melanie Ward
Hair: Christiaan
Make-Up: Tom Pecheux
Nails: Deborah Lippmann

zinio

If they weren't going to give Lara an ed they should've given someone else her cover.

Not impressed with the new design touches, the type is over excessive, but overall it's a solid issue. A bit too much of M&M for my taste tho, on the other hand - Saskia at last! And of course, it's no VP without Malgosia, which I'm always favorable to.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just from all the previews posted, this is one of the best September issues, alongside W, cant wait to get it.

Kate's editorial shots are amazing. I think VP just keeps getting better and better.

I just flicked through it and while the editorial are mostly very strong (I really like Suvi's story and while I'm no Kate fan, she does look fantastic in some of her shots), I think my main problem with this magazine is that it has become completely unappealing to me. I do not have any pleasure reading this magazine.

I was hoping the redesign would give a boost to the magazine, but it clearly didn't have that effect. As usual, everything is very dull. The only idea that was remotely pleasant was to change the colour of the first few pages. It gave a retro aspect that was quite enjoyable. The rest is barely memorable. Between the ugly typography and that habit of contouring the pages with white instead of giving us full-page photographies, I'm afraid I'll only enjoy VP the day its EIC and creative director will be gone...

While I respect their choice to make the magazine more accessible, I do regret that they were not able to combine accessibility and elegance. That's what Paris should be about, non?

It would have made more logical sense to of given Saskia one of the covers seeming as she is part of the editorial with Kate. The use of Lara has now become random, it's just odd to me. By the way M&M need to photograph Saskia much more, they create magic together.

L'envol de Raf
Photographer: Alasdair McLellan
Model: Kati Nescher
Styling: Katy England
Hair: Anthony Turner
Make-Up: Lisa Butler

zinio
That editorial really doesn't do this beautiful collection justice at all :blink: Couldn't they have thought of something more creative and beautiful to present those pieces?

I enjoyed the article. It was nice seeing Raf opening up a bit about himself and talk about his design process and what is was like working on the first Dior collection. I also like how they followed through with the Black and Paris theme throughout all the articles, too (or at least the ones I've read,haha). Loved the portrait on Iris van Herpen and Gareth Pugh as well!

And I've definitely had to look at Suvi's editorial several more times and I'm liking it more and more, it's striking. The setting, the lighting and the colors are awesome. I can't wait to get this issue, hopefully I can get my hands on Kate's cover.

It would have made more logical sense to of given Saskia one of the covers seeming as she is part of the editorial with Kate. The use of Lara has now become random, it's just odd to me. By the way M&M need to photograph Saskia much more, they create magic together.

I heard it was initially the intention to put her on the cover...

Wow, Suvi's and Daria's editorials sealed the deal for me. Both editorials look freaking amazing! Especially the latter one. I just love how the green pops in colored shots.

Kate and Saskia's isn't that bad either. Although for me, Kate TOTALLY outshines Saskia. The opening and closing shots are just stunning.

That editorial really doesn't do this beautiful collection justice at all :blink: Couldn't they have thought of something more creative and beautiful to present those pieces?
I wonder if they deliberately attempted to go back to Raf's beginnings by carefully selecting the pieces that represent his personal aesthetic more (what he was associated with before taking over at Jil Sander) instead of going for those that celebrated Dior's legacy (the embellished gowns, etc). Cause his collection was like a marriage of these two visions. It seems editors (US Vogue, Vanity Fair and Vogue Paris so far) are finding it hard to present both aesthetics with the same ease and balance seen at the show.. it's like these two women don't mix for them for them, when Raf has already introduced them to each other. :D:lol:

After seeing Raf's Dior by Paolo and Norman Jean Roy, I somehow find Alasdair's outdoors, contemporary, imperfect photography more appealing and even appropriate than the 50s, Crillon ball ambiance of American publications. It feels less vapid to me.

Wow, Suvi's and Daria's editorials sealed the deal for me. Both editorials look freaking amazing!
Those two are my favorite ones as well. M&M's work for Vogue Paris was always...simple. I don't know how to explain it but it never told a story, it was just about the model looking gorgeous in great clothes, as opposed to their work for W or Love, where they do more elaborate shoots. This has changed with this issue though and I bet it has to do with Lalaland producing all the eds. Hopefully, they'll continue doing so from now on.

Wow Daria looks crazy sexy in her editorial! Could she get any more beautiful? Kate's ed looks amazing as well :smile:

PREVIEW -

Supplement: VOGUE FASHION NIGHT OUT
Ph: David Bellemere
Styl: Capucine Safyurtlu (assisted by Marjorie Chanut)
M: Magdalena Frackowiak
Hair: Maxime Mace
Makeup: Christelle Cocquet

"BIJOUX"
Ph: Joan Braun
Styl: Azza Yousif
M: ?

"BEAUTE" & "MODE"
Ph: Joan Braun
Styl: Frédérique Verley & Théodora Aspart + Azza Yousif
M: ?

"Rue du Faubourg"
Ph: David Bellemere
Styl: Capucine Safyurtlu (assisted by Marjorie Chanut)
M: Magdalena Frackowiak, Toni Garrn & Clément Chabernaud
Hair: Maxime Mace
Makeup: Christelle Cocquet

SNAPPED BY THEFRENCHY

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alintus
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"