UK Vogue February 2022 by Rafael Pavarotti

the main editorial is the best thing of me this edition. I keep thing that the ‘old’ Meisel would’ve elevated this so much more. or a more attention to detail Pavarotti…

‘First Appearances’ and ‘Brand New Beat’ are extremely lacklustre and where is the styling???

Rebecca’s could also be better and Dornan and Balfe’s shots are not great either (that last picture of Jamie is unfortunate to say the least).

‘Glam Rocks’ could/ should be way more Glam!

everything feels somewhat, tamed.

thank you @Zorka :flower:

MASTHEAD:

CONTENTS:

EDITOR'S LETTER:

UK Vogue Digital Edition

Jeez, Jamie Dornan is so sexy :blush: He can do no wrong.

And of course delighted with Bimini's shot, she looks like such a supermodel. Shame it's just one picture but hopefully this is only the start for her.

I just know the Scott Trindle ed will be reprinted on Vogue France.

I just know the Scott Trindleed will be reprinted on Vogue France.

As will be McLellan’s story which inside this issue is described by Edward as a ‘global’ Vogue story. I also wouldn't be surprised if Nadine Ijewere's story with Rebecca Leigh Longendyke makes it into multiple editions of Vogue either.

Spotted the issue on sale earlier this morning, checked through a stack of them to see the group cover in person and every single copy was scratched to bits. The paper in which British Vogue (and French Vogue) is now printed on is atrocious and extremely fragile.

How uninspired. Pavarotti's editorial is quite lovely, love the shot with the blue table. Rebecca looks great with platinum hair. Jamie Dornan is so goddamn fine. The rest is so forgettable I barely remember what I saw a minute ago when I looked through the contents.

Hoping for something more interesting next month.

Kate phelan (I love her job for years) is the only thing that reminds me of Alexandra shulman's Vogue, the Rafael editorial is nice, but it doesn't reflect British Vogue at all ..... I would like to see Tim Walker again on British Vogue

I really defend the diversity here, it's a dream come true to see differents kinds of beauty fronting magazines and campaigns. But I dislike when editors remarks all the time "the rise of african beauty", "the rise of Korean beauty" month after month when it's not needed to point that fact, when we are trying equality. I see a person, and equal, I don't fin any difference between me and the rest. A subject (model or celeb) is on the cover of a magazine because her/him has something interesting to offer. It's not okay, in times of globalization, not giving the oportunity to the non white/occidental people to be represented in media, but this speech, in this case Edward, saying "they are here because they're black" and not because they're beautiful and interesting is quite the same. It's like if I'm on the cover of GQ now it's because I'm latino and LGBT (while proud of both) and not because my talent and being a person like everyone else. But I should remark at the same time that this is a consequence of centuries of racism, white, male, straight and American centricity in culture. If Alexandra S. were more inclusive as Franca and Anna, Edward would not remark this point everytime he has the opportunity. I love they're giving covers to Adut, Anok, Jourdan and all these girls, but Edward should stop to point the same fact again and again. I don't care if the 12 cover stars are non white (I would love to see a Vogue edition doing that, why not), but please, they are on the cover because they are beautiful as everyone else not because is as trend.

Sorry my bad english :flower:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thefashionfetishist
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->